April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Crème - RCMA - Color Process Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a free lance make up artist in the Southern California area and have been doing make up for 8 years.

What I look for in makeup for not only myself but for clients is as follows; (all of which RCMA has met with great expectation).

Longevity - 10/10
Natural Finish on Skin - 10/10 (depending on how it is applied)
Large range of colors - 10/10
Sweat and Water Resistant - 10/10
Covers blemishes, hyper pigmentation, acne scarring, tattoo's, and 5 o'clock Shadow 10/10

The only thing that is truly debatable is packaging. It comes in a small plastic like tub when ordered in 1 oz size which may or may not be ideal for a typical person at home. I have a metal make up spatula to remove it from the tub as necessary, so for me this is not a problem.

So- packaging gets 8/10 because for me it is easy to use, but I can see how average people at home could have difficulty- but RCMA is intended for Professional Make Up Artist who have the proper tools and knowledge to get it out.

Application- Lets start with the ease of application- Yes, this isn't at home user friendly for the average person but let me briefly explain to you how to do it.
You can use your fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, or foundation brush. The trick is a small amount of product needs to be removed from the container first. Use a small metal spatula or even the end or a makeup brush, to scoop just a small amount out and put it either on the back of your hand(in a pinch) or onto a flat sanitized surface(mirror, dish, whatever you have handy) and put the product onto it. Then kind of smash the product around till the consistency is slightly more creamy/easy to work with.

Then choose your tool for application- with a beauty blender- use warm water squeeze it out the go about it that way(the wetter the BB, the more sheer the coverage) and your end result will be a semi-matte finish after the product has sat and oxidized. Use a loose powder to set to keep product from transferring.

With a brush(stippling or foundation), you can build the product very easily to your desired amount for a full coverage BUT apply in thin layers then use a transparent powder to set and go back in for a second layer for heavier coverage then set with powder a second time.This will cover anything with this method. For special skin conditions, acne, 5'o clock shadow, tattoo's, to be covered and neutralize the underlying pigment, make sure to take the color wheel into account for your first layer of makeup, then use the color of your skin on the second layer.

RCMA makeup is high in pigmentation- one of if not the most highly pigmented makeup at I believe 50%. MAC full coverage and things of that sort you get at the mall are no more than 20% pigmented on average. So, with RCMA it will last you forever because the smallest amount will cover a ton of ground. Even at it's sheerest with a very damp beauty blender(applied in the correct manor), it can give you a more full coverage as far as color than any other makeup company you will find. When using it as a full coverage or concealer with a brush, make sure it is exactly the color of foundation or match that you want, because when it is highly concentrated(full coverage) you will get the exact color your see in the tube(this product does not oxidize much darker than what you see in the container) - so keep that in mind.

I'm not saying that RCMA is perfect for everyone- but for Makeup Artist, you can't live without this in your kit somewhere, trust me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by 2LaSirena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am quite pleased with my order so far. I highly recommend you order samples before investing in a palette or tub of this makeup, because you can really get an exact match to your skin if you pinpoint it correctly. The main thing I like about this line is the huge choice of colors. I have light skin with a lot of pink in it. I have never found a foundation that really has matched my skin before now. Most foundations are either too yellow, too peachy, too orange, too grey, too dark or too light. ect ect. I emailed the company and described my skin and she gave me an idea of what I should try. She recommended some olive shades and gena beige in particular. The word "olive" really threw me off because I have some light pink skin. I had intended to get the KO palette because I had read some reviews that said it was for cooler toned skin. I got a few KO samples and I am so glad that I didn't go off and buy the palette because it would have been to yellow for me. Olive 2 and Gena Beige match my skin to a TEE. I use Olive 2 on the majority of my face and Gena beige for areas that our lighter and around the eyes. I have NEVER had foundation MATCH my skin so closely. So this is a big thing for me! I am not a big foundation wearer, I don't wear full coverage. I don't put it all over my face so was nervous about trying this because it was stage makeup and would most likely be too heavy. Although this doesn't go on as easily as the liquid foundations I wear, I am not having a problem blending and it's not wearing heavy. I can apply so little and see such a difference. I slap a little on and blend with a beauty blender. It gives my face such a smooth, perfected look without looking all one-toned. I am very pleased. I dont find that creases in the lines around my eyes..a problem I have with many cream concealers. It doesn't flake up on my forehead. I wear it so sheer that I dont really need to wear a powder on it, but if I were to wear it heavier I am sure it would need a setting powder. This bottle will last me a LONG time. The packaging is nice, simple and sturdy. I also got a sample of cs-2 which she recommended for undereye coverage. I might buy that in a larger size too. It works as well as Bobbi Brown corrector which is my holiest of holy grails for me.
The customer service was superb. She answered my emails and my many questions about color matching and everything she recommended wound up being the color I needed. (The colors I chose myself to sample were quite off. ) The samples are very nice sized. I had enough to play with for a few days before purchasing.
I am not a big make up junky..actually I kinda suck at applying makeup..but this stuff works for me..which is saying a lot because if it was hard to handle, I wouldn't like it.
I can't believe the difference having a foundation that perfectly matches my skin makes!! Yay!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

skin type: generally dry, with blemishes, minimally oily, non-sweaty, fine lines around eyes and laugh lines

shade: mix of shinto 2 and 1.

coverage: medium to full

spreadability: texture is like hair wax or putty. takes time to mix shades and a bit of work to apply and buff to the skin.

durability: it lasted 8+ hours in a winter cold, non humid californian weather. it could last longer if i didnt have to wash my face after work. will try to wear it longer next time. i wanted to see how it performs bare so i didnt use any primer, moisturizer, concealer, setting powder or setting spray. there's a lot of transfer but it held up quite well.

finish: 80% matte 20% satin

oxidation: midly oxidative. i have to mix it with half of shinto 1 which is a shade lighter than my skin. it looks light at first but when it oxidizes after an hour, it blends beautifully with my natural skin color.

performance in photography:
non flash -- looks very natural, skin-like, undetectable with the right shade.

flash -- it's not the most photogenic makeup i've tried under flash photography. some skin imperfections still show through - fine lines, acne bumps, blemishes but they look softened.

other notes: i find it tacky and creasing on my eyelids. my eye area is dry with fine lines nd athis foundation is having a hard time to cover it up. some flakes also show up in the eye area. as a wax based foundie, it's expected that it will separate, crease and settle into lines. I will have to experiment next time with moisturizers and primers.

for now, im impressed with durability, mild oxidation,and very natural looking finish.
Will I use it for beauty, glamour, bridal or clubbing makeup? perhaps.

UPDATE 3/15/14

Lately, I am using this more for my personal day time makeup than graftobian. And I prefer RCMA lately due to its durability and matte (yet realistic skin) finish. Works best without moisturizer or primer. When I prime first, it makes me oily after a few hours and i have to reapply the product. THe best way to apply is to scoop out using spatula, whirl the product at the back of hand until melted into a creamy texture. A circular buffing foundation brush gives the smoothest look.

I havent tried using this on night time / flash photography, but preliminary selfies showed a rather non-photogenic look. I will have to figure it out yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was not at all impressed with this, though eager to try it because of the good reviews. Firstly the color selection I am guessing is mainly pink undertones because all 3 samples I ordered has a lot of pink to it. (sh-1,kl-1, ko-1) these are supposedly the lightest of certian ranges but they are all too dark and quite pink, for reference I am slightly warmer than Dior 021. not really impressed either with the coverage nor texture... I took a chance on it even though the ingredients seemed iffy, (petrolatum) I wish the color selection was better, then perhaps I would consider this, but this was a no go for me. Interested to see how I feel about my soon to come graftobian

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Rcarr6569

I ordered this four days ago after much research and reading reviews. Came yesterday morning and I literally could not wait to apply it. I got a ko 1-4 palette for only £20. The colours look a lot lighter on the website, a lot darker in the tub but then perfect on the skin. When I first applied it took a while to get a proper technique and found a beauty blender far better than my trusty stippling real techniques brush! I mixed a few to get the perfect contour and coverage. Found that the coverage was no stronger than my mac studiosculpt but could be built to fuller coverage if you need it. Unlike any foundation I have tried before, this looked so amazing it was just glowing and looked like my own skin! Powder easily got rid of the glow but I loved it across the cheekbones. I am so impressed, its not going to be a day to day foundation as its too perfect but for evenings and occasions I love it! Also the photo quality is lovely so dewy and NO white face perfeeect! Thanks fellow reviewers for giving me this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lguerringue

I NEVER look in the mirror after trying a new foundation and say "wow, I love this." But with this foundation, I might have come close. All this time, I would tell the girl at Sephora or on these boards that I need a medium-full coverage foundation, so the thicker the better. The truth is, it's never about the consistency, it's about the pigment.

These foundations are 50% pigment vs 12-13%ish for any other foundation (high end or drugstore). So, they really aren't "thick" but they cover so well. I will say, it won't cover exactly every blemish you have, but then again that's what concealer is for.

For me, I apply with a beauty blender and pat it on. The thing that's interesting is that when you swirl your beauty blender it looks like you didn't really get much but then when you put it on there's a whollleeeee bunch on there, so be careful.

I prefer a dewier finish, and this gives you that. For a stage foundation I really was skeptical because I pictured heavy and cakey, but no, this gave a really, really natural look. I really would define it as a glow, not so much dewey. It's beautiful.

I'm an nc15 ish to nc20 and I'm using gena beige. It might be pushing it in the winter but with enough blending it should be ok. DO NOT get ivory unless you are like an nc/nw -2000000, I stupidly ordered it first and it made me look like I had clown paint on, even for how fair I am.

The packaging is fine, It's compact and has a lot of product. I suppose bacteria can easily get in since you just dip whatever you're using into the pot, but there's worse problems in the world than that.

All in all, seriously in love with this stuff. Great for dry skin, probably need a setting powder if you have oily skin. I think the colors are off on the computer (that's why I ordered ivory) so it really is worth it to get samples.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sunlit

I bought this whilst in the US last week and was excited to try it out. In the past I've tried every foundation known to man and had settled on Mac studiofux fluid and makeup forever HD. Both often didn't last long, accentuated dryness and colours were never perfect, but it was the best I could find. Then I found RCMA... Eureka!. I use a damp beauty blender and just swipe it over the foundation and then stipple it on. My skin absolutely glows, it lasts all day, all my other blushes, highlighters etc don't budge and I'm getting compliments from everyone on my skin - my skin, not the foundation. It makes your own skin look perfect as opposed to covered. I got Shinto 1 which is good for Mac NC25-30 and purchasing Shinto 2 for my summer tanned skin. I tried the KO colours too and I could have used either, they're really similar. Shinto was a tad more yellow and suited my undertones better. Do remember this is an oil based foundation so if you use a water based primer it will slide right off your face and not look its best.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by xiaoying727

honestly,not a fan of this product. firstly,it isn't a full-coverage foundation for me. it didnt really cover my acne scars well unless i put a lot in my face-for me,foundation like laura mercier silk cream foundation is a full-coverage one. but this one‘s coverage is far from full-coverage. secondly,the finish is quite weird,it‘s not a flawless finish,it’s really like some botox in your face or something-well,maybe a lot of people love this finish. but for me,really not a fan.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing Graftobian, Kett, Mehron. ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
Therefore if you're interested, you can read my reviews on them.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

RCMA is a good foundation. I like it but don't love it. Like everything else, it has it's pros and cons.

Pros: very pigmented and long lasting, looks like skin and is HD friendly if applied correctly. Once it's on, it's on! Withstands sweat, humidity, rain, snow, pretty much everything until I take it off..and by take it off I mean take it off twice, it needs a strong make up remover, a toner, followed by clarisonic, and I still have make up in my face. I can literally take a shower and come out with it still perfectly on. I am not kidding.
Cons:  for a cream foundation it is very difficult to apply.  It isn't very creamy nor emollient so blending is an issue. It's texture is similar to margarine or butter which has been in a strong freezer for a while.
Application: I apply it with a damp, but warm beauty blender, which is the only application method I found that works with this without looking cakey or like a mask. It does require a specific application tapping method which is time consuming and not very morning rush friendly.
How it compares to other Pro brand foundations: I don't reach for this foundation often. On A typical day I like  Kett and Graftobian much more. They don't require such a specific, time consuming application method nor a harsh removal routine in the end of the day.
If I was in the middle of high humidity weather and needed a high coverage foundation that wouldn't sweat off or budge for 24 hours I would use RCMA, otherwise I rarely need this.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by yrrucs

This is my first experience with professional makeup. I ordered samples of this product in shinto from camerareadycosmetics.com They sent my samples quickly and packaged them very nicely. They were generous with the amount of each sample which is why I gave the packaging and price good ratings. I got shinto 5 ,6,7 and 8 because my brown skin has yellow undertones. (Please take advantage of ordering samples BEFORE you buy full size) 8 was the color closest to my skin color (and the darkest in the shinto line.) This product doesn't cover hypo- pigmentation or undereye circles. The color gave me a dead-pan look, no warmth at all. The Black Opal cover stick in nutmeg (which I use as a concealer along with a Cose custom blended yellow based foundation powder) gives me more coverage than RCMA and has more warmth without being red and dead-pan looking. AND I noticed small bumps on my forehead after washing it off. What is the hype about professional make-up again? If there is better professional make-up for women of color, please inbox me and let me know :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No