RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.2

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

on 3/16/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this foundation!! 4.7 stars!

This is the ONLY foundation I have found that works with my skin. I wanted a foundation that wouldn't freaking look cake-y as hell on my dry skin, actually match my skin tone, give me build-able full coverage, cover my crazy dark under-eye circles, and not sit terribly on my skin. This does ALL that. (Though I do use a color corrector under my eyes first.)

1) You have to play around with it to figure out how to work with it. You have to warm up the product before applying it. For my face, I find it works best if I use my finger to apply dots all over, spray a dry sponge with Cinema Secret's moisture spray and bounce it all over the skin. For under my eyes, I use my fingers and then a sponge to get a perfect full coverage look.
2) I have EXTREMELY DRY skin and after researching for months I decided to try this foundation out by ordering samples from the RCMA website. (it's slightly cheaper than ordering samples from camerareadycosmetics.com). It's seriously the ONLY foundation that doesn't look disgusting on me. If you're super duper try and everything looks terrible on you, try this out. Warning, you might not like it at first. Work with it and learn it.
2) It's not super crazy pigmented like the whole "rare foundation with 50% pigment" thing might lead you to believe. It's a build-able medium to full coverage foundation.
3) It looks really nice and natural on the skin.
4) It DOES crease since it's a cream. You're going to have to set it with powder, but it still creases on me under the eyes and on the laugh-lines within twenty minute. This sucks and is sad but what can you do about it. Only flaw of this foundation.

on 2/15/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been on a foundation testing binge and due to good reviews wanted to test this out. I ask A LOT form a foundation: I am 57, with rosacea, many broken fine veins, "fine lines" - yeah, wrinkles, and have sensitive skin. In other words, I need COVERAGE, yet many makeups break me out. And I don't want a makeup that will make those "fine lines" look like part of the Grand Canyon! Not asking for much, huh?

I've been using mostly mineral makeup for the last 10 years and since my skin has become dry, I wanted to try some liquids and creams, RCMA being one of the latter. I have been testing this for about a month and this is what I've experienced with it:

If you want to try out RCMA, buy samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics and email them or do a live chat and ask for sample color recs if you're not going to buy a palette. The colors run thus: The "olive" line is for pinker skins, but I've also found it to be kind of grey in tone. Gena Beige is the lightest of the Olive tones, and they get darker as the number go up. The "KO" line is supposed to be more neutral toned, but I still found it leaned kind of yellow; the "Shinto" line is the most yellow, but it seems to have kind of an ochre tone to it. For ladies of color they have some dark shades with different undertones, but since I'm quite fair, I didn't order any of those. I was recently tagged an NW20 in Mac Studio Sculpt, and it was still a bit too dark and too yellow for me. I found that even Gena Beige, KO1, and SH1 were a tad too dark for me. There are some very fair shades going in order from lightest - CS1, Ivory, & CS2 which all lean pink, and a new palette of "KA" shades which are very light and lean more neutral-yellow. There is also "Pocelain" which I didn't get a sample of as it sounds as if it's for Albinos. I've found that KA4 is my closest match - I've also blended colors to make a light peach color (My skin leans fairly pink/peachy) , using either Ivory and/or CS2 combined with KO1 or SH1.

Be warned that RCMA is a Pro makeup and if you're not a "Pro" , having an art background would be helpful in using this. This is NOT a slap it on your face and go product. You need to prepare it for use, with a spatula being a good tool for the job. It needs to be softened and warmed up prior to use and a little can go a long way. Despite having a lot of pigment, this goes on fairly transparent and coverage needs to be built up. Watch all the videos you can find for this product (esp Kevin James Bennett's) and read the reviews here for tips. I've found that what you put under this foundation will make a HUGE difference in how it looks on your face. I've used 5 different moisturizers with different results. Embroyolisse Lait Creme gave the best results, Cerave AM the worst (terrible), Paula's Choice Moisture Boost, okay, PC Skin Recovery Moisturizer, not-so-good, Cerave AM, meh. I am waiting for my Whip Hand primer to arrive and I will try it with that.

Using RCMA seems to be a lot of work. The buildability is nice, esp if you get a glob of mascara on your cheek (don't ask) and need to fix it, building up that coverage also takes time. You also really need to powder this stuff to keep it from transfering. I've used the RCMA transparent powder and it works very well. I've had no skin issues with RCMA so far, but my dry skin has gone back to being more combo since using it. Powdered RCMA also looks like makeup for awhile after application but by evening looks totally like natural skin (wish I could speed up that process). Since it's been very cold where I live, I can't tell you how this holds up with heat/humidity. Oh, and this makeup with eat up your blush! I've used different brands and colors and all but the darkest will almost disappear within a few hours.

Since so many MUA rave about RCMA,, I wish that I could find one who could give me some tips on using this and getting it to look really good. The price point is right and I really want to love it, but my results don't seem to be worth the effort. I'm going to keep playing with it and if I have any positive break throughs, I'll come back here and report on them.

Added 2-19-15. Tried this using Whip Hand Set The Stage Primer over Cerave PM Moisturizer. The primer made the RCMA smoother to apply, but didn't affect the look of the product other than making my acne scars look less pitted. Doesn't seem to affect longevity either way. I'm liking this makeup more, esp since I've got my color down pretty well (KA4 looks best, but Ivory/KO1 or KO2 mix also okay).

BTW, you will need a good oil-based makeup remover to throughly get this stuff off of your skin. Soap & water doesn't do the trick. I like Silk Naturals Apricot Cleansing Oil, or DHC Oil Cleanser, followed by J & J Babywash or Cerave Cleanser, though any oil/cleanser combo would probably work.

on 12/28/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. I break out easily so I was afraid to use a cream foundation. It seemed so thick. I gave it a try because of rave reviews online. I apply it first with my finger in streaks all over my face, then with my Beauty Blender. I then use the point of my Beauty Blender with the RCMA as a concealer. It gives great coverage and lasts all day, throughout my 12 hour shift at work. I get compliments on my skin...not my makeup but my skin!

on 12/15/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have super oily skin and I love this foundation. It's cream to a powdery finish and lasts a long time! They have a ton of shades, too, from super light to very dark. I got mine from Beautylish, their swatches are pretty accurate.

on 10/17/2014 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are unsure of what shade to purchase, I recommend buying samples from CameraReadyCosmetics.com or RCMAmakeup.net. The RCMA site is cheaper but it wouldn't take my Canadian monies. :( It's worth it to find the correct match, because as you'll find in trying to find you match from reading reviews, opinions vary a lot! I'm C3/NC30 and I tried Shinto 1, Shinto 2, KO2 and KO3 and my preferred shade is Shinto 2. It just looks the healthiest and has enough yellow to make my face match my neck/chest. Shinto 1 was too light (though you will find other NC30's preferring this one) and the KO shades just didn't have enough yellow in them. I looked washed out. I'm guestimating but I'm thinking that KO2 is more like NW20 and KO3 more like NW30?
I played around with application and tried a variation of Wayne Goss's powder method. I applied my moisturizer, a light layer of powder, THEN my silicone primer and then the RCMA and this seemed the best for me because it kept the look matte longer and seemed to wear longer too. I also prefer a more semi-matte look so if you prefer a dewier look, skip the powder until the very end (and then just 'set' the t-zone). I like to set with a dusting of my mineral foundation.
I did not find this hard to blend. Perhaps because the product in the sample jars was already 'scraped' and thus softened, so I could just dot it on my cheeks, forehead & chin and easily blend with my fingers, but I know when I purchase a full size, I will want a metal spatula to scrape the product from the container, and then warm on the back of my hand or a palette.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much this does look just like skin. It looks very natural and as mentioned in other reviews, not cakey. It does give a beautiful finish.

I already have a full sized Shinto 2 sitting in a cart somewhere... :)

EDIT: As I'm losing colour, I'm finding Shinto 1 is really what I need. Fortunately I still have some of that sample. I wore Shinto 2 the other day and it was just looking too dark compared to my neck/chest. I'll end up with buying both shades so I can custom mix throughout the year.

on 9/25/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't want to speak too soon as i only got this foundation today but I was just so excited about it that I had to write a review!

This foundation gives me the most beautiful finish, the finish is so amazing that I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and when i look in the mirror i can't believe that it's really my skin in the reflection. Just amazing! I don't exactly know how to describe the finish, i think the word "flawless" is the best word i can think of to describe it. I've never had this sort of finish from a foundation before, my skin truly looks airbrushed with this foundation!

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a few more of these foundations right now so that I have back up once i run out, i just don't want to be without this foundation, i think I've found my HG! This foundation does not make my face look cakey at all which I found suprising since it is meant to be a fuller coverage foundation. It also doesn't stick to dry patches on my skin like some other foundations do.

The reason i only have it 4 stars is because I don't find the coverage to be full. I can still see a couple of pimples through this foundation but that's only if i look really closely. I can't speak for the staying power of this foundation as i literally just got it today and put it on an hour ago but so far I'm loving this foundation! Would definitely recommend everyone to try it!

on 9/18/2014 4:12:00 AM

Nice foundation but makes me very greasy, even with a mattifying powder. My skin has gotten much more oily because of the summer months but it definitely doesn't help with the oiliness.

on 6/29/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a really good quality foundation but it only suits certain skin types.

Pros:
crazy good pigmentation, totally a pro brand, a itty little bit can go a long way
A lot of great natural skin shades to choose from
Fun, unusual shades, like white or pink
Lasts a long time
Can be a concealer type product or sheered out with foundation thinner
Great for normal to dry skin or skin that doesn't break out
Sensitive skin safe
Long wearing
Palettes = great value
Natural looking
Photographs nicely
Can mix with other base colors
No added Fragrance

Cons:
Not suitable for blemish prone or oily skin
Most likely will need prepping
May be hard to blend for some
NEED a pallete spatula/scooper to get product out and soften
Hard for he laymen to pick shades
May be too hard to use for the laymen

Neutral:
Ingredients won't damage skin, but also won't help
No UVA or UVB protection
If you are superstitious thanks to "research" some bloggers did, you may be scared of the ingredient list(Honestly, can't you people be scared of rubbing alcohol and menthol and lavender oil and fragrance, etc...?)

This is a wonderful cream foundation.

It contains a lot of thickeners and thicker emollients that can clog pores really easy, even if used alone(think if it as putting lard on your face). However, if you have dryer or less acne prone skin, this will probably not be the case for you. This looks really good in photos and videos and is perfect for special events. I found best results by color correcting in severe areas first so I would use less product.. You can apply a face lotion really thickly for a thinner coverage or use a foundation thinner. If you have oilier skin, it would be best to exfoliate, apply oil absorbing primer first, apply, then set with an oil absorbing setting powder. Drier skin should totally exfoliate, apply your favorite hydrating lotion/primer, and set with a powder suitable for dry skin(they exist).

It does contain a dizzying assortment of shades. I use Shinto 2 or 3 or the KT line sometimes.
The best guide is online, which you can find by googling: Joe Blasco and RCMA foundations a brief guide. It should take you to a wonderful beauty blogger's post; the blog is called maquillageobscura dot blogspot dot com or The Unknown Beauty Blog. From the information there, it should be substantially easier to pick shades or palettes. More than one shade could fit you. For example, the more I tan, the more I move from Shinto to KO or KT and sometimes even Olive or KL. At times, I fit both a KO shade and a Shinto shade at the same time. RCMA also has great colorful foundations, in case you need a white or green(or any other color) foundation either for mixing or for theatrical makeup. Also, you can get samples for $3.99 on camerareadycosmetics. I do recommend you read the guide thoroughly before ordering some shades, though.

It's thick but it doesn't tug and feels really creamy and smooth on skin, even if I don't prep past cleansing my face. Even when applied for maximum coverage, it remains looking like skin.

Personally, I don't like using them as color correctors because it takes a lot of work to get such a pigmented product sheer enough to color correct. Use Nyx Jar Concealers instead, which are affordable, medium to moderate coverage, and suitable for kinda drier to regular to slightly oilier skin with blemishes or around the eyes.

It's relatively easy to use. I first prime my face with my favorite primer. It may look scary and dry in pan but its really not. I scoop out the foundation and smooth out with a palette knife and I sometimes mix it with other colors on a ceramic palette(you can use ceramic anything, plates or tiles or whatever is at hand). It really needs to be cut and softened to get best results. I currently add KT 2 for the summer. After color correcting my under eyes(which lean reddish purple) with yellow and moisturizing, I dot a tiny amount where I need most coverage and blend away with a fluffy synthetic brush or fingers(fingers work best since they warm up the product). It does blend surprisingly well. If you've ever used full coverage pro products before that were really cakey and dry looking, then this really doesn't compare with those dated, drier formulations. Then, I thin some foundation out with a gel moisturizer and apply it all over my face to even out my skin tone. Before setting, I stipple my face to give it the best finish and set with my favorite oil-absorbing powder. It lasts all day and feels nice, but if I wear it too long or too often it does tend to clog my pores :'(. If you know how to use a filbert brush for applying and blending foundation, this is infinitely easier.

I usually use this for special/formal events at night so (a) I use it for less time and (b) because of no SPF. My palettes have lasted years without going bad and they're worth it even if you'll only use it in special events. It looks great on brides or perfect prom pictures and even as guy makeup(since that usually has to be extremely natural). It's perfect for using it on other people, too. It's also perfect for if you're constantly in front of a camera, which is why so many professionals use it.

I have the basic 6-part kit and it works really well for making any shade and also for Halloween makeup.

This is best for makeup artists or people without acne issues. A little bit goes a very long way. If you use too much, you'll be blending down to your toes. If you're using it for yourself, I suggest trying the 4 or 5 part kits to narrow down your shade even more. If you're going to use this on clients, I suggest the 6 pan kit with the basics(primary colors, brown, black, and white; to make practically any shade) and the VK palettes and maybe some 4 part ones like the sheens. The contouring palette is okay, but the highlights are foundation so they are matte and don't highlight.

on 5/24/2014 9:18:00 PM

It's my skin oily and Dosent stay long I love Estée Lauder double wear

on 5/23/2014 9:30:00 PM

I recently purchased a palette of 5 foundation shades.
For reference i am an NC35 in mac stuido fix, and i ordered the 'KO' series.
I applied this with a damp beauty blender.

The coverage is awesome. The great thing about the 5 shade palette is that you can find your perfect shade, and you can use the lighter and darker shades for highlight and contouring. Everything looked really natural when i was done applying.

I work in a kitchen where i sweat pretty much all day. Normally i am used to my makeup melting off my face. With this foundation this didn't happen!! My face looked super natural, i would say more natural than when i first applied it in the morning. Also, I suggest buying their no color powder to set this with. This foundation is wax based so it has to be set!

Most importantly this does not make my pores look huge which most foundations do. I don't know how they do it but it works!!

Popular Crème Foundations