July 22, 2014 | 2086 users online

Crème - RCMA - Color Process Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good quality foundation but it only suits certain skin types.

Pros:
crazy good pigmentation, totally a pro brand, a itty little bit can go a long way
A lot of great natural skin shades to choose from
Fun, unusual shades, like white or pink
Lasts a long time
Can be a concealer type product or sheered out with foundation thinner
Great for normal to dry skin or skin that doesn't break out
Sensitive skin safe
Long wearing
Palettes = great value
Natural looking
Photographs nicely
Can mix with other base colors
No added Fragrance

Cons:
Not suitable for blemish prone or oily skin
Most likely will need prepping
May be hard to blend for some
NEED a pallete spatula/scooper to get product out and soften
Hard for newbies to pick shades
May be too hard to use for newbies

Neutral:
Ingredients won't damage skin, but also won't help
No UVA protection
If you are superstitious thanks to "research" some bloggers did, you may be scared of the ingredient list(Honestly, can't you people be scared of rubbing alcohol and menthol and lavender oil and fragrance, etc...?)

This is a wonderful cream foundation.

It contains a lot of thickeners and thicker emollients that can clog pores really easy, even if used alone(think if it as putting lard on your face). However, if you have dryer or less acne prone skin, this will probably not be the case for you. This looks really good in photos and videos and is perfect for special events. For best results, and using less product, make sure to color correct in severe areas first. You can apply a face lotion really thickly for a thinner coverage or use a foundation thinner. If you have oilier skin, it would be best to use exfoliate, apply oil absorbing primer below, and set with an oil absorbing setting powder. Dry skin should totally exfoliate, apply your favorite hydrating lotion/primer, and set with a powder suitable for dry skin(they exist).

It does contain a dizzying assortment of shades. I use Shinto 2 or 3 or the KT line.
The best guide is online, which you can find by googling: Joe Blasco and RCMA foundations a brief guide. It should take you to a wonderful beauty blogger's post; the blog is called maquillageobscura dot blogspot dot com or The Unknown Beauty Blog. From the information there, it should be substantially easier to pick shades or palettes. More than one shade could fit you. For example, the more I tan, the more I move from Shinto to KO or KT and sometimes even Olive or KL. At times, I fit both a KO shade and a Shinto shade at the same time. RCMA also has great colorful foundations, in case you need a white or green(or any other color) foundation either for mixing or for theatrical makeup. Also, you can get samples for $3.99 on camerareadycosmetics. I do recommend you read the guide thoroughly before ordering some shades, though.

It's thick but it doesn't tug and feels really creamy and smooth on skin, even if I don't prep past cleansing my face. Even when applied with maximum coverage, it remains looking like skin.

Personally, I don't like using them as color corrector because it takes a lot of work to get such a pigmented product sheer enough to color correct. Use Nyx Jar Concealers instead, affordable medium to moderate coverage, and suitable for slightly drier to regular to oilier skin and blemishes and around eyes.

It's relatively easy to use. I first prime my face with a silk primer. It may look scary and dry in pan but its really not. I scoop out the foundation and smooth out with a palette knife and I sometimes mix it with other colors on a ceramic palette(you can use ceramic anything, plates or tiles or whatever is at hand). It really needs to be cut andsoftened to get best results. I currently use KT 2 for the summer. After color correcting my under eyes(which lean reddish purple) with yellow and moisturizing(with grapeseed oil usually), I dot a tiny amount where I need most coverage and blend away with a fluffy synthetic brush or fingers(fingers work best since they warm up the product). It does blend surprisingly well. If you've ever used full coverage pro products before that were really cakey and dry looking, then this really doesn't compare with those dated, drier formulations. Then, I thin some foundation out with a gel moisturizer and apply it all over my face to even out my skin tone. Before setting, I stipple my face to give the best finish and set with my L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder. It lasts all day and feels nice, but if I wear it too long or too often it does tend to clog my pores, which sucks. If you know how to use a filbert brush for applying and blending foundation, this is infinitely easier(but I either suck at that, or my brushes are streaky).

I usually use this for special/formal events at night so (a) I use it for less time and (b) because it has no SPF rating. My palettes have lasted years without going bad and they're worth it even if you'll only use it in special events. It looks great for brides or perfect prom pictures and even as guy makeup(since that usually has to be extremely natural). I love using it on other people, too. It's also perfect if you're constantly in front of a camera, which is why so many pros use it.

I also have the shades in all the primary colors and black and white and brown and that works really well for making any shades and also for Halloween makeup.

I suggest this to makeup artists or people with non acne prone skin. A little bit goes a very long way. If you use too much, you'll be blending down to your toes. If you're using it for yourself, I suggest trying the 4 or 5 color kits to narrow down your shade even more. If you're going to use this on clients, I suggest the 6 part palette with the primary colors(and also a brown and black and white, you can make practically any shade) and the VK 18 palettes. The contouring palette is okay, but the highlights are foundation s

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Goncaferay

It's my skin oily and Dosent stay long I love Estée Lauder double wear

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I recently purchased a palette of 5 foundation shades.
For reference i am an NC35 in mac stuido fix, and i ordered the 'KO' series.
I applied this with a damp beauty blender.

The coverage is awesome. The great thing about the 5 shade palette is that you can find your perfect shade, and you can use the lighter and darker shades for highlight and contouring. Everything looked really natural when i was done applying.

I work in a kitchen where i sweat pretty much all day. Normally i am used to my makeup melting off my face. With this foundation this didn't happen!! My face looked super natural, i would say more natural than when i first applied it in the morning. Also, I suggest buying their no color powder to set this with. This foundation is wax based so it has to be set!

Most importantly this does not make my pores look huge which most foundations do. I don't know how they do it but it works!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdinistanbul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a great product although it takes time to adjust to a new foundation.. Even if you have dry skin I suggest you to set it with powder. It is very pigmented and buildable. I would definitely purchase again if I can ever find the KO series in stock..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Daisydukes14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very intimidated by the color choices and finally just bought the #11 pallet. It was the right choice for me because I am definitely darker in the summer. I never would have guessed the olive shades would suit me because my undertone is pretty neutral.

I love it! I alternate between a LM tinted moisturizer and Estée Lauder double wear light. I may never repurchase the double wear.

This stuff is amazing. I was able to match my skin and found myself using different shades in different areas of my face.

No need for a concealer but I did need powder to reduce shine. My double wear has a more matte finish. If you like a matte look you will need to powder over this one. I apply powder with a puff and brush away excess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! For reference I use KO-1 as I have very light skin with yellow-ish neutral undertones. I also have very sensitive, dry skin that is prone to break outs.

Pros:

I really love putting it on, feels very creamy applying and makes the face feel very nice and creamy for hours after until you take it off.

Good coverage, definitely very buildable. You can make it as sheer or as full as you want.

Great colour selection

The people who work there are fantastic, very helpful for pinpointing your ideal colour.

Didn't break me out! I've even fallen asleep in it and woken up with perfectly fine skin.

Cons:

It looks amazing and natural-- unless you're up close, then you can see some powdering. But it's definitely not bad, and to be fair, I like to apply a lot of it.

After a couple of hours, my red cheeks start coming through a bit. It doesn't last as long as I would want, although it's also kind of a pro-- after a few hours my skin looks very natural, and I start thinking that it's faded and my skin is just naturally nice looking. Then I spend about five minutes removing product and realize that no, my face sadly does not look like that.

Overall, really wonderful product, great match for most anyone's skin.

EDIT: I decided to give this another lippie. I recently started using Exposed for Acne, and the BP really dried out my forehead and gave me a horrible rash that was all around my eyebrows, hairline, forehead, it's just awful and red and really really hard to hide. Well, I put this makeup on last night AND IT LOOKED FLAWLESS, AS IF I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RASH. I was SO thrilled, it completely turned around my bad mood. This makeup is amazing, if it can make a horrible gross rash look invisible, it can do anything! Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a free lance make up artist in the Southern California area and have been doing make up for 8 years.

What I look for in makeup for not only myself but for clients is as follows; (all of which RCMA has met with great expectation).

Longevity - 10/10
Natural Finish on Skin - 10/10 (depending on how it is applied)
Large range of colors - 10/10
Sweat and Water Resistant - 10/10
Covers blemishes, hyper pigmentation, acne scarring, tattoo's, and 5 o'clock Shadow 10/10

The only thing that is truly debatable is packaging. It comes in a small plastic like tub when ordered in 1 oz size which may or may not be ideal for a typical person at home. I have a metal make up spatula to remove it from the tub as necessary, so for me this is not a problem.

So- packaging gets 8/10 because for me it is easy to use, but I can see how average people at home could have difficulty- but RCMA is intended for Professional Make Up Artist who have the proper tools and knowledge to get it out.

Application- Lets start with the ease of application- Yes, this isn't at home user friendly for the average person but let me briefly explain to you how to do it.
You can use your fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, or foundation brush. The trick is a small amount of product needs to be removed from the container first. Use a small metal spatula or even the end or a makeup brush, to scoop just a small amount out and put it either on the back of your hand(in a pinch) or onto a flat sanitized surface(mirror, dish, whatever you have handy) and put the product onto it. Then kind of smash the product around till the consistency is slightly more creamy/easy to work with.

Then choose your tool for application- with a beauty blender- use warm water squeeze it out the go about it that way(the wetter the BB, the more sheer the coverage) and your end result will be a semi-matte finish after the product has sat and oxidized. Use a loose powder to set to keep product from transferring.

With a brush(stippling or foundation), you can build the product very easily to your desired amount for a full coverage BUT apply in thin layers then use a transparent powder to set and go back in for a second layer for heavier coverage then set with powder a second time.This will cover anything with this method. For special skin conditions, acne, 5'o clock shadow, tattoo's, to be covered and neutralize the underlying pigment, make sure to take the color wheel into account for your first layer of makeup, then use the color of your skin on the second layer.

RCMA makeup is high in pigmentation- one of if not the most highly pigmented makeup at I believe 50%. MAC full coverage and things of that sort you get at the mall are no more than 20% pigmented on average. So, with RCMA it will last you forever because the smallest amount will cover a ton of ground. Even at it's sheerest with a very damp beauty blender(applied in the correct manor), it can give you a more full coverage as far as color than any other makeup company you will find. When using it as a full coverage or concealer with a brush, make sure it is exactly the color of foundation or match that you want, because when it is highly concentrated(full coverage) you will get the exact color your see in the tube(this product does not oxidize much darker than what you see in the container) - so keep that in mind.

I'm not saying that RCMA is perfect for everyone- but for Makeup Artist, you can't live without this in your kit somewhere, trust me.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by 2LaSirena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am quite pleased with my order so far. I highly recommend you order samples before investing in a palette or tub of this makeup, because you can really get an exact match to your skin if you pinpoint it correctly. The main thing I like about this line is the huge choice of colors. I have light skin with a lot of pink in it. I have never found a foundation that really has matched my skin before now. Most foundations are either too yellow, too peachy, too orange, too grey, too dark or too light. ect ect. I emailed the company and described my skin and she gave me an idea of what I should try. She recommended some olive shades and gena beige in particular. The word "olive" really threw me off because I have some light pink skin. I had intended to get the KO palette because I had read some reviews that said it was for cooler toned skin. I got a few KO samples and I am so glad that I didn't go off and buy the palette because it would have been to yellow for me. Olive 2 and Gena Beige match my skin to a TEE. I use Olive 2 on the majority of my face and Gena beige for areas that our lighter and around the eyes. I have NEVER had foundation MATCH my skin so closely. So this is a big thing for me! I am not a big foundation wearer, I don't wear full coverage. I don't put it all over my face so was nervous about trying this because it was stage makeup and would most likely be too heavy. Although this doesn't go on as easily as the liquid foundations I wear, I am not having a problem blending and it's not wearing heavy. I can apply so little and see such a difference. I slap a little on and blend with a beauty blender. It gives my face such a smooth, perfected look without looking all one-toned. I am very pleased. I dont find that creases in the lines around my eyes..a problem I have with many cream concealers. It doesn't flake up on my forehead. I wear it so sheer that I dont really need to wear a powder on it, but if I were to wear it heavier I am sure it would need a setting powder. This bottle will last me a LONG time. The packaging is nice, simple and sturdy. I also got a sample of cs-2 which she recommended for undereye coverage. I might buy that in a larger size too. It works as well as Bobbi Brown corrector which is my holiest of holy grails for me.
The customer service was superb. She answered my emails and my many questions about color matching and everything she recommended wound up being the color I needed. (The colors I chose myself to sample were quite off. ) The samples are very nice sized. I had enough to play with for a few days before purchasing.
I am not a big make up junky..actually I kinda suck at applying makeup..but this stuff works for me..which is saying a lot because if it was hard to handle, I wouldn't like it.
I can't believe the difference having a foundation that perfectly matches my skin makes!! Yay!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

skin type: generally dry, with blemishes, minimally oily, non-sweaty, fine lines around eyes and laugh lines

shade: shinto 2. equiv: graftobian desert sand, mac nc42&44 (mix), mac studiofix c40, loreal w4.5

coverage: sheer to full

spreadability: texture is waxy-creamy in tub.. scoop the product using a spatula and swish at back of hand to melt a bit, then it becomes creamy and easier to apply

durability: it lasted 8+ hours in a winter cold, non humid californian weather. it could last longer if i didnt have to wash my face after work. will try to wear it longer next time. i wanted to see how it performs bare so i didnt use any primer, moisturizer, concealer, setting powder or setting spray.

finish: 80% matte 20% satin

oxidation: midly oxidative. looks more natural after 30minutes to 1 hr.

performance in photography:
non flash -- looks very natural, skin-like, undetectable with the right shade.

flash -- it's not the most photogenic makeup i've tried under flash photography. some skin imperfections still show through - fine lines, acne bumps, blemishes but they look softened.

other notes: i find it tacky and creasing on my eyelids. my eye area is dry with fine lines nd athis foundation is having a hard time to cover it up. some flakes also show up in the eye area. as a cream based foundie, it's expected that it will separate, crease and settle into lines. I will have to experiment next time with moisturizers and primers.

for now, im impressed with durability, mild oxidation,and very natural looking finish.

Will I use it for beauty, glamour, bridal or clubbing makeup? perhaps.

UPDATE 3/15/14

Lately, I am using this more for my personal day time makeup than graftobian. And I prefer RCMA lately due to its durability and matte (yet realistic skin) finish. Works best without moisturizer or primer. When I prime first, it makes me oily after a few hours and i have to reapply the product. THe best way to apply is to scoop out using spatula, whirl the product at the back of hand until melted into a creamy texture. A circular buffing foundation brush gives the smoothest look.

I havent tried using this on night time / flash photography, but preliminary selfies showed a rather non-photogenic look. I will have to figure it out yet.

UPDATE 5/1/14

this foundation is my HG. i have tried using it for night time for full makeup look, it held up great. i have to make it more dewy by using other products so it will photograph better (flash). tho, i find graftobian to be the most photogenic and that is suited for glamour/beauty special occasions.

i always wear this during daytime as its finish is so natural and almost undetectable.adapts very well to skin. it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin AT ALL. it is long lasting, 8+ hours is realistic for me, without any retouch.

i dont use any primer , moisturizer,setting spray and i dont even powder it to set. it's just phenomenal i cant live without this.

con: special shade (mixer) YO is kinda flaky, less pigmented and not as good as their regular foundations. too bad, i love the ochre color.

packaging: looks very amateurish. not something i would brag when i show it to my friends.

overall, it's a well rounded, versatile, high quality and high performance foundation. if you love cinema secrets, you will love this more. it's been taunted as #1 cream foundation and I finally know the reason why.

il up the rating, to 5/5

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was not at all impressed with this, though eager to try it because of the good reviews. Firstly the color selection I am guessing is mainly pink undertones because all 3 samples I ordered has a lot of pink to it. (sh-1,kl-1, ko-1) these are supposedly the lightest of certian ranges but they are all too dark and quite pink, for reference I am slightly warmer than Dior 021. not really impressed either with the coverage nor texture... I took a chance on it even though the ingredients seemed iffy, (petrolatum) I wish the color selection was better, then perhaps I would consider this, but this was a no go for me. Interested to see how I feel about my soon to come graftobian