Clinique Chubby Stick - Super Strawberry

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Super Strawberry is a pretty, flattering colour with sheer coverage. It's moisturizing, which is a big plus; however, it has no staying power. If I wear this, need to reapply every thirty minutes to an hour.

Received this in a GWP. If I choose to purchase a balm, will look into other brands. I will sign into MUA and read reviews for lip balms to help make a decision, of course. :)

on 1/15/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a Sephora freebie too. To me, it's just OK. This style of balm stick is really popular lately and surprisingly, I think some drugstore brands have managed to do it better than the much more expensive, HE versions I have tried. Clinique's is more mid-range in cost. It's just not the best.

Clinique's color selection for lip products is a bit one-note and disappointing, and this one is no exception. It's thoroughly "meh." Your standard, boring, fleshy pink. I think they are attempting to branch out a bit more, but I am still not impressed.

I'm not a fan of this color in particular when it's swatched, and it was just as underwhelming on my lips. Still giving it 3 stars because while the texture and finish didn't really stand out, I didn't necessarily have any specific complaints with it, either. It's not drying and applies easily. That said, I still like the texture of some other brands better, so Clinique won't be high on my list in the future unless a better color comes in a set, as a freebie etc.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc25-30, warm and yellow

I picked this up from the sephora 100pt products. Love that it's twist up.

Color is a pretty, shiny rosy pink. Not too light and not too dark. I do find these chubby sticks moisturizing but I always apply lip balm before applying any lip product.

Definitely would purchase the full size!

on 12/20/2014 8:53:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This is my ultimate favourite lip product. I bought it from the clinique counter at Debenhams for about 17.00 .
It has a lovely pigment, easy application, the packaging is practical ( when you run out of the product you can twist the end of it and more of the chubby stick can be used),it lasts all day, has no scent and leaves lips feeling soft .

The only problem is that if you're on a tight budget maybe spending 17 on a chubby stick isn't the best idea. An alternative to this is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain priced at around 7.99.

on 11/7/2014 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This and mellon are my favorite chubby sticks. Clinique sticks are the best crayon lip balms as they have no annoying menthol ingredients, no taste or scent. There are so many and the feel good and are easy to apply. I love the regular ones as opposed to the Intense as they look lighter than lipstick, which doesn't look great on me. I thin, cracked, blueish lips. So matte lipstick shows every line. This color is a rosy pink and very easy to wear. It's not a wow, but it always looks good and brighter than a berry (which I also wear a lot). It's not shiny. It's has decent pigment though. It's doesn't last long, so you do have to reapply. The crayons are easy to apply. You can always add a gloss over it. This is a very flattering color. Bright but a little bit dusty.

on 10/21/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this a great and easy to wear berry. This would be a good option for anyone who is looking to try out the berry lip trend that is popular right now but doesn't want to be overwhelmed by color. The color is one of my favorites from the line.

on 6/13/2014 7:06:00 AM

I am having a mini love affair with Clinique products again after a long hiatus :)

I love this colour in the Chubby Stick - it leaves my lips with a lovely healthy rosy flush that brightens my smile, it's moisturizing, twists up, handy to throw in my handbag and I don't even need a mirror to apply - what's not to love :)

Nearly ready for my second tube after using multiple times a day for about four months. Love this and will continue to repurchase this colour.

on 12/9/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color and formulation. It matches my lips perfectly and easy enough to wear on weekends. Doesn't last long but it is indeed moisturizing.

on 10/7/2013 4:43:00 PM

Love love love these! I have 3 full size ones in whole lotta honey, bountiful blush, voluptuous violet. I also have 2 smaller travel size ones in super strawberry and mega melon. They are balmy and feel gorgeously creamy on lips. They leave a nice hint of colour. I use mine nearly everyday and they last forever! So worth the price.

on 10/6/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Super Strawberry chubby stick has a tinted berry colour, ideal for autumn-winter season.
(+)It has a sheer natural finish.
(+)It is the best coloured moisturizer, I have ever used (and honestly I have used so many that didn't work for my chapped lips).
I have already bought 2 shades (super strawberry=tinted berry & mighty mimosa=natural pink) and Im pretty pleased with both.
(-)They aren't long lasting.
(-) They don't have spf