Clinique Chubby Stick - Super Strawberry

This is my favorite chubby stick color. It's a natural pink that's flattering (I'm a NC20) and moisturizing enough to use as a lip balm too. It's great to use over lipsticks as a touch up colour or for a dash of moisture too.

UPDATE: LOL, ,so one of the reps I see frequently who told me the "it's a great color line" confessed to me that it turns orange on her too after I told her what happened to me! She has similar coloring to me, but a touch lighter hair and paler skin. I wish she would have shared this with me before. But I guess she didn't want to skew my opinion.

ORIGINAL: I had at least three Clinique reps tell me this was their most popular color, would look great on me (cuz it looks great on everyone) & is a great no brainer color. I warned them that I pull out orange/brown or any warm tones if there is a hint of that in the shade. To which they all said, "no...there is no orange in here". I almost bought it without trying it after all these reassurances, but my gut said, no...try it on. The second it hit my lips this in the tube cherry looking shade, just went uber orange toned on me. Even the sales lady was astonished. I told her (again) this happens to me (I am a NW20, deep winter complexion, pigmented lips) and now she finally believed me. I think I had just rocked her whole make up world. Though I know there are others out there like me, so she just must not have been that experienced. She had originally pushed me away from Whoppin Watermelon because it would be too baby pink. But after the Strawberry fiasco, she agreed when I suggested trying WW. Once that hit my lips, she said, that is how the Strawberry shade looks on most people. The WW was still a bit "pink", but way softer and sat way better on my skin than the Strawberry shade that turned orange. So no matter what, try on the shade, check yourself in different lights...and trust your guts.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lip tint is a real winner and is that elusive "Universal Shade" everyone can wear. Just enough color for daily face brightening and casual looks. I am a fan of this product in general and have many other shades, but often come back for this one. It's often available in Clinique GWP's so you can try it that way. Reddish pink color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I received 07 Super Strawberry in a gift of purchase. The whole idea with the packaging and names are just adorable; "Super Strawberry", "Chubby Stick" along with a whole bunch of other cute themes are very catchy! This is my first Chubby Stick and I really like the formula. It's smooth and creamy but not too creamy or oily. It stays on my lips both in formula and color and it moisturizes well. The color is truly strawberry! It's a medium red-pink that goes on sheer but the color can be built up. The color should be called "healthy" because it gives a nice rosy youthful hue to my pigmented lips against my dark tan skin. I personally dont like untinted balms for daily use, I think they are boring and Im a bit self conscious of my thin pigmented lips so this is perfect to use instead! I keep this on hand at all times. Great product and I would like try out other colors from this line.

There have been a lot of reviews for this product/color. I am a lipstick/gloss addict and this does not disappoint. I recently purchased 2 of the Burt's Bees sticks that are similar to the Chubby sticks. Those are not half as good as the Clinique's!

Here's what I really like: all products go on nicely, it's when they start to fade is where we have our complaints. I am in the banking business and you can't be reapplying lip color every hour - I put this on this morning and 3 hours have passed (I have eaten and drank tea) and I just looked in the mirror and it has faded slightly but it still looks finished. That's the difference between this product and other glosses, lipsticks, etc. When you can't be looking in the mirror every hour, you need to feel confident that you still look appropriate, not having patchy spots or a visible lip ring around your lips!

I spend a lot of money searching for the best - I really think this is a wonderful product and I am anxious to pick up additional colors.

This feels good, looks good and wears off perfectly!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome cute little product, I love the chubby sticks & I have a couple of others in lipgloss/blush/contour/highlighter form from Clinique & I adore about everything from Clinique anyways so this was a no brainer when sephora had a set w the Moisture Surge day moisturizer & night mask for a reasonable price w this lipgloss. The lipgloss alone is worth $18! It's a lovely color kind of a pale pink (strawberry is very fitting!!), sheer but beautiful very nice w a day time face, not dramatic enough for night but this is a very useful color, it makes my lips look so full. This is a subtle color but not subtle like NYX butter glosses (this is more opaque!!), I still need a mirror to apply this. I appreciate the packaging, it's cute & yet fully functional because it twists up so you don't have to sharpen it. Another hit from Clinique!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Super Strawberry is a pretty, flattering colour with sheer coverage. It's moisturizing, which is a big plus; however, it has no staying power. If I wear this, need to reapply every thirty minutes to an hour.

Received this in a GWP. If I choose to purchase a balm, will look into other brands. I will sign into MUA and read reviews for lip balms to help make a decision, of course. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a Sephora freebie too. To me, it's just OK. This style of balm stick is really popular lately and surprisingly, I think some drugstore brands have managed to do it better than the much more expensive, HE versions I have tried. Clinique's is more mid-range in cost. It's just not the best.

Clinique's color selection for lip products is a bit one-note and disappointing, and this one is no exception. It's thoroughly "meh." Your standard, boring, fleshy pink. I think they are attempting to branch out a bit more, but I am still not impressed.

I'm not a fan of this color in particular when it's swatched, and it was just as underwhelming on my lips. Still giving it 3 stars because while the texture and finish didn't really stand out, I didn't necessarily have any specific complaints with it, either. It's not drying and applies easily. That said, I still like the texture of some other brands better, so Clinique won't be high on my list in the future unless a better color comes in a set, as a freebie etc.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc25-30, warm and yellow

I picked this up from the sephora 100pt products. Love that it's twist up.

Color is a pretty, shiny rosy pink. Not too light and not too dark. I do find these chubby sticks moisturizing but I always apply lip balm before applying any lip product.

Definitely would purchase the full size!

Eyes: Violet

This is my ultimate favourite lip product. I bought it from the clinique counter at Debenhams for about 17.00 .
It has a lovely pigment, easy application, the packaging is practical ( when you run out of the product you can twist the end of it and more of the chubby stick can be used),it lasts all day, has no scent and leaves lips feeling soft .

The only problem is that if you're on a tight budget maybe spending 17 on a chubby stick isn't the best idea. An alternative to this is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain priced at around 7.99.

Recommended for Medium Skin