July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Pure Gold

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These jumbo eye pencils are great as eye liners as they are soft enough to glide on easily and stay put. As eye shadow not so good as these all have a tendency to crease quite badly.

However these are great value as they are so affordable and come in a great range of colours. I have Gold and Pure Gold - Pure Gold is lighter than Gold. I love to use this jumbo pencil as an eye liner, especially with a coral/peach eye look or a neutral eye that needs a bit more glam. This looks good with the NYX Liquid Crystal Liner over the top too.

The lids are annoying as they seem to crack really easily - but for the price I can't really complain. The only reason I probably won't repurchase is I have a ton of these pencils to use up first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by AsianWonder805

While every beauty guru is in love with these, I just think they're fine. The packaging is okay, the price is okay, but the product is good. It's long-lasting & quite pigmented. I know GlitterForever17 absulutely loves these, but I'm not sure if I'll repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by stiles123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The eye pencil is great. It is pigmented and this color is beautiful for a brownish eye color. The only bad thing is that i have oily eyelids and after a while it starts to rub off. But if you do not have oily skin, this should be not a problem. I would definetly buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by manitoban3

Although I am generally a big fan of the NYX Jumbo Pencils, I never use Pure Gold. It is very yellow-y and really clashes with my complexion and brown eyes. I keep trying to find a gold eye shadow that looks good on me and I guess I will have to keep looking.
Having said that, Pure Gold, like the other NYX Jumbo Pencils is pigmented, easy to use, long lasting and wipes off easily. It's only this particular shade I don't like for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this gold shade. It is very warm and I think it will be perfect around the holidays. I'm a fan of neutrals and a natural look, so I think this gold is a great way to play up a neutral look for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by knitnpaint

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is very weak. Still a creamy pencil, but I find it not useful, even as a base. Compared to the other colors it is poor. The mica pigments seem too large and do not stay put or show up as well as other colors.
Maybe try the other gold pencil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I got this instead of the Gold pencil because it was brighter in color. bad idea. while the formula of this pencil is good, I find that it looks orange on my skin. for someone with warm coloring and medium or deep skin this would be good, but on my neutral-toned fair skin, it did not work that well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

i purchased this the other day because i tend to wear alot of more gold shadows and thought this would be a nice base. my favorite combination is this as a base, and NYX champagne eyeshadow on top. i haven't found this to crease as other people say they do. i paid $1.99 for this, and i definitely think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gold is really pretty. The color is clean and tends towards the golden orange rather than golden yellow. I wear it as an eyeliner during the day, and it will not look particularly flamboyant. Nice pigmentation and buildability. As usual for NYX Jumbo Pencils, the quality is good in terms of smooth application, excellent staying power, and blendability. A packaging problem with all the pencils is the cap. They splinter easily, especially if you push in the cap so that it's snug. The whole cap doesn't crack, but I can see strain marks on my caps. Even so, the product is still really nice.