MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.5

on 7/26/2015 9:49:00 PM

Finally ordered this since my local counter doesn't carry it. So many of these shades turn brown-orange on me. This one does not. It's my perfect MLBB with a bit of pink added. Unfortunately the bullet broke. This is the first time this has happened with a MAC l/s for me.

For reference: NW20, dark blonde hair, green eyes. Other MAC l/s I wear regularly are Syrup, Craving and Plumful

on 6/15/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first 'nude' lipstick purchase, as I'm more partial to bold colours. Nonetheless, I went ahead with this one because I do need a go-to everyday colour that can go with many outfits. I actually traded this with Captive, because seeing the swatches and reviews put me off - it's not a really a neutral colour, FYI. My word of warning is that you should definitely try nude shades in-store, because I thought Brave (a very similar colour) would suit me as it does most wearers. It took me a while, but eventually 'Mehr' was the winner.

I teamed it with MAC's Edge-to-Edge lip liner and they are practically identical. Mehr is definitely MLBB, and unlike any other colour, makes them look really full and plump. Sadly, unlike bold colours, this won't get you much attention in a crowd, but it still looks beautiful and makes me feel subtly-sexy, better than if I was wearing nothing at all. It doesn't wash out pale skin, on the contrary it brightens my face without feeling OTT. This lipstick doesn't bleed as it's a matte and contrary to what many reviewers say, I personally find the mattes not too drying. But, definitely make sure your lips are appropriately smooth and buffed before you apply - no matte looks good on dry, cracked skin.

on 5/19/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

One of my all time favourite lipsticks from MAC. It's a dusty pinky nude shade which would look great on all skin tones, and certainly sits well with my medium olive skin. I did not expect it to suit me as well as it did, and I bought it on a complete whim after one of the ladies at MAC recommended it to me. The finish is satin matte and lasts really well on the lips. However, if you have dry chapped lips it might adhere to the dryness, so it would be wise to use a lip balm beforehand! I simply adore Mehr, it's a great shade to have in your collection.

I LOVE this shade of lipstick. I have a fair cool complexion with golden blonde hair and blue eyes and it is not too bold or dark for daytime use. It's just a beautiful dark mauve/rose pink shade that's darker than a MLBB shade but isn't too obvious. For some reason it makes my lips look bigger and more plump than they are, which is always a bonus! For a matte the texture is great (not too dry, doesn't settle into lines), it's long lasting, and I don't need to use liner with it as it stays in place without slipping or feathering. I don't have dry or flaky lips so I don't have an issue with having to prep my lips before use, but a bit of balm underneath doesn't hurt.

I think this shade would work on a wide variety of skin tones. I will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out!

on 3/30/2015 3:44:00 PM

Found this at my mall and am in love with the results my lips look fantastic!

on 3/30/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this pink! on my nc40 it is a mlbb leaning nude pink on me but doesn't wash me out. it looks great alone or paired with liner. the matte finish is surprisingly comfortable and fairly long lasting. i'm really happy with this purchase and will continue to explore the great muted tones mac has to offer. twig is next on my radar.

on 3/29/2015 5:22:00 PM

I absolutely love this lipstick. I got introduced to it by a shop assistant in a clothes shop. The girl who served me was wearing it and it looked so lovely I had to ask her what it was. She told me it was Mehr and I later purchased it online without trying it. I can't believe how nice it looks. It is bold without looking too garish and is such a feminine colour too. I am allergic to most brands of lipstick but was happy to discover that I'm not allergic to Mac ones, so I'm building quite a collection! This will be a staple shade and I will definitely purchase it again. It is very versatile and can be worn in the day or at night, at work or chilling out. It is beautiful!

on 2/23/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very pale and I love this shade if I want to wear something for everyday but still a little bold. the formula is so nice. its more flattering on me than the infamous 'velvet teddy' as that lipstick is too browny/yellow for my skin tone for some reason. mehr is more pink so looks better on me im glad i found it. seems to me its the matte version of faux but a little darker. will defenatly repurchase

on 1/28/2015 10:13:00 AM

I bought this and then returned it within a few days. I'm NC 25-30 yellow-toned, and this lipstick didn't really work for me. Mac really has a problem making too many blue toned and no yellow-toned pink lipsticks.
I expected this to be a flattering, everyday kind of kylie jenner pink, but instead it is super dark and very unnatural. It's just too dark for everyday wear and i liked Mac Brave better. I will say though that this lipstick formula is amazing for what it is---it feels very smooth and non drying. I picked Mac Please Me over this as a pink since I just thought Mehr was to dark and red-based.

To get a feel of what lipsticks I do like: Faux, Velvet Teddy, Mocha, Plumful, any lustres...

on 1/24/2015 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

This is a lovely pink matte nude. For reference, I'm NC 35-40, dark eyes, black hair.

I went to MAC for Velvet Teddy and obviously it's sold out so I asked them for a suitable alternative. This is a great every day colour and while I normally avoid matte shades for work as I find them a bit bold in my conservative workplace I think this is subtle enough wear to work and to wear out. I wanted to lighten it a bit today so I layered it with Kinda Sexy (which is too nude for me) and it gave a really good look to go with a bold eye. Wore it out for drinks and it lasted for a few hours so staying power is fine. The only thing I suggest is like with any matte shade you have to buff your lips first as I don't the lipstick draws attention to uneven bits and flakes. I used Lush bubblegum lip scrub which worked well.

Popular Lipsticks