MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.5

on 8/26/2015 12:07:00 PM

Love this lipstick!! Was my first MAC lipstick I ordered and will definitely be going back to buy different shades. I thought by some other reviews I had read it would be a lighter colour but none the less still lovely. Would say it falls in the nude section but definitely a darker one of the range. I've had it on all day at work (eaten breakfast and lunch) and it has stayed on for a good 8 hours without looking like it needed re-applying, although I did re-apply before I left just to touch it up. Overall very impressed with it and will buy again once run out :)

on 8/24/2015 8:09:00 PM

Great MLBB shade! I normally go for bold lips-reds, fuchsias, etc., but I needed a neutral shade for when I'm not feeling the bold shades or when bold colors wouldn't be appropriate. I have a difficult time with neutrals because I'm fair with pigmented lips. Most MLBB shades wash me out, are too pale or brown, or make me look dead. Mehr rises above all of those issues. It has a rich looking texture when it's on the lips and the coverage is good-no going over your lips repeatedly to get color opacity is necessary. I'd say that Mehr falls within the realm of Kylie Jenner lips, which it seems everyone is trying to achieve these days. Regardless of any trends, I'd definitely repurchase Mehr. Another lipstick similar to Mehr is Brave, which I also love. Check that one out, too.

on 8/11/2015 6:54:00 AM

When Mehr is on your lips it look like you have those perfect lips you see on Pinterest. The combination of the texture and color just give you a flawless, smooth, full looking lip. It is quite stunning. I can't even begin to describe the shade. A medium pink but not too warm, not too cool. I pull out orange and brown in any shade that has an iota of it (in a bad way). For example, MAC Modesty looks like a beautiful soft pink beige on most, on me, just orange beige. So when I finally caved and ordered Mehr, I was nervous about the dreaded orange factor. And at first, I thought..."ugh, it's turning orange". But it didn't go all the way. It did warm up slightly on me but it never went to the bad place. And the way it sits on your lips (and sorry for the reference, but it paints the best picture), but yes, Kylie Jenner type lips. I have a "dupe" for this, NYX Whipped Cavier. I love them both. Mehr's texture and look on the lips is irreplaceable. But Whipped Cavier is softer in color, gorgeous, but not quite as heavenly on the lips. I tried to tell myself to return Mehr, you have Whipped Cavier, but I am cursed with always seeing those ever so slight different undertone nuances between "dupes" (which is why I hate that word). Thus I justify keeping both ;)

FYI - As of this review I don't think this is sold at counters or MAC stores. I think it is online only or maybe at Pro Stores (IDK). But my local MAC store told me it was online only. I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey brown pigmented lips, deep soft winter.

UPDATE: Whipped Cavier (color wise) does sit better on my complexion. But Mehr's texture and feel is amazing. I will have to seek out more of this finish from MAC.

on 7/26/2015 9:49:00 PM

Finally ordered this since my local counter doesn't carry it. So many of these shades turn brown-orange on me. This one does not. It's my perfect MLBB with a bit of pink added. Unfortunately the bullet broke. This is the first time this has happened with a MAC l/s for me.

For reference: NW20, dark blonde hair, green eyes. Other MAC l/s I wear regularly are Syrup, Craving and Plumful

on 6/15/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first 'nude' lipstick purchase, as I'm more partial to bold colours. Nonetheless, I went ahead with this one because I do need a go-to everyday colour that can go with many outfits. I actually traded this with Captive, because seeing the swatches and reviews put me off - it's not a really a neutral colour, FYI. My word of warning is that you should definitely try nude shades in-store, because I thought Brave (a very similar colour) would suit me as it does most wearers. It took me a while, but eventually 'Mehr' was the winner.

I teamed it with MAC's Edge-to-Edge lip liner and they are practically identical. Mehr is definitely MLBB, and unlike any other colour, makes them look really full and plump. Sadly, unlike bold colours, this won't get you much attention in a crowd, but it still looks beautiful and makes me feel subtly-sexy, better than if I was wearing nothing at all. It doesn't wash out pale skin, on the contrary it brightens my face without feeling OTT. This lipstick doesn't bleed as it's a matte and contrary to what many reviewers say, I personally find the mattes not too drying. But, definitely make sure your lips are appropriately smooth and buffed before you apply - no matte looks good on dry, cracked skin.

on 5/19/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

One of my all time favourite lipsticks from MAC. It's a dusty pinky nude shade which would look great on all skin tones, and certainly sits well with my medium olive skin. I did not expect it to suit me as well as it did, and I bought it on a complete whim after one of the ladies at MAC recommended it to me. The finish is satin matte and lasts really well on the lips. However, if you have dry chapped lips it might adhere to the dryness, so it would be wise to use a lip balm beforehand! I simply adore Mehr, it's a great shade to have in your collection.

I LOVE this shade of lipstick. I have a fair cool complexion with golden blonde hair and blue eyes and it is not too bold or dark for daytime use. It's just a beautiful dark mauve/rose pink shade that's darker than a MLBB shade but isn't too obvious. For some reason it makes my lips look bigger and more plump than they are, which is always a bonus! For a matte the texture is great (not too dry, doesn't settle into lines), it's long lasting, and I don't need to use liner with it as it stays in place without slipping or feathering. I don't have dry or flaky lips so I don't have an issue with having to prep my lips before use, but a bit of balm underneath doesn't hurt.

I think this shade would work on a wide variety of skin tones. I will definitely be repurchasing when mine runs out!

on 3/30/2015 3:44:00 PM

Found this at my mall and am in love with the results my lips look fantastic!

on 3/30/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this pink! on my nc40 it is a mlbb leaning nude pink on me but doesn't wash me out. it looks great alone or paired with liner. the matte finish is surprisingly comfortable and fairly long lasting. i'm really happy with this purchase and will continue to explore the great muted tones mac has to offer. twig is next on my radar.

on 3/29/2015 5:22:00 PM

I absolutely love this lipstick. I got introduced to it by a shop assistant in a clothes shop. The girl who served me was wearing it and it looked so lovely I had to ask her what it was. She told me it was Mehr and I later purchased it online without trying it. I can't believe how nice it looks. It is bold without looking too garish and is such a feminine colour too. I am allergic to most brands of lipstick but was happy to discover that I'm not allergic to Mac ones, so I'm building quite a collection! This will be a staple shade and I will definitely purchase it again. It is very versatile and can be worn in the day or at night, at work or chilling out. It is beautiful!

Recommended for Medium Skin