L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge (All Shades)

G848611 Ingredients/Ingrédients: isohexadecane • octyldodecyl neopentanoate • trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone • isododecane • polyethylene • hydrogenated styrene/methyl styrene/indene copolymer • vp/hexadecene copolymer • acrylic acid/isobutyl acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer • ozokerite • synthetic fluorphlogopite • vp/eicosene copolymer • alumina • calcium aluminum borosilicate • tocopheryl acetate • silica • hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine • pentaerythrityltetra-di-t butylhydroxyhydrocinnamate • calcium sodium borosilicate • tin oxide [may contain / peut contenir : ci 77891/ titanium dioxide • mica • ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides • ci 15850 / red 7 • ci 45410 / red 28 lake • ci 15985 / yellow 6 lake • ci 45380 / red 22 lake • ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake • ci 42090 / blue 1 lake • ci 75470 / carmine] fil d43028/3 patents: us 5,665,778, and us pats. pending

on 2/28/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Everlasting Plum, and I'm almost down to the end of the tube. The color is perfect and opaque. I find that the most flattering colors are always around your own lip color on the color wheel except either a few shades more saturated towards a different color or darker color. My natural lips have purplish tones so this color matches well with the rest of my skin coloring without overpowering or washing me out. The lasting power really does stay for 7 hours like it says. Only when you eat a meal does the color come off significantly, but even then it has staying power--it reads more like a stain afterwards which I don't mind. It's a bit drying like everyone says, but I feel like that's typical of more matte lipsticks. This color isn't a true matte, but it leans more matte than satin. Ultimately, this is a no hassle lipstick with a flattering color selection. It's decently long lasting, but not out of this world either. I find that if I take powder from a blush or eyeshadow of a similar color and pat it into my lips with my finger, the lasting power does improve a lot.

on 2/24/2015 7:29:00 PM

I have two shades: Persistent Plum (berry plum) and Rambling Rose (rosy red). Overally, the shades are beautiful, but the texture is not the best.

Pros:
Beautiful shades.
No smell/taste.
Feels comfortable on the lips.
The bullet goes all the way down = easy recapping.

Cons:
Goes on very patchy. Not sure if the ones I bought are just very dry, but they went on pretty sheer and needed 5-6 swipes to build up color. Even after several swipes, the color was very uneven. Not sure if this lipstick is supposed to be matte, but the texture sure is dry. I needed to put a bit of balm on to redistribute the color better.
The packaging is pretty bulky.

I will work with the shades I have, because they are very pretty, but I will definitely not be buying any more.

on 2/15/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

So far I've only 2: Tender Berry & Perpetual Peach. The Tender Berry I prefer as it has absolutely no shimmer or sparkle & hides my lip imperfections well, even w/ out the use of any balm, gloss etc applied 1st or afterwards. The Peach is really nice too, but just a little sheer on my naturally brown-purple-ish lips. I need to apply twice then usually blot a couple times & def require the aid of a balm (EOS Pomegranate works wonders in conjunction w/ the Peach). They are sort of pricey for Drug-Store in Toronto @ Shoppers Drug Mart. They are worth it tho. I get exactly what they advertise - 7rl hrs of product :) I also like that they rarely end up on my teeth! lol. I really like wearing these for work. Working gals know we seldom get time to re-apply any make-up we're so busy...& if we do so at our desks our staff looks at us like we're either vain or weird - ha! So it is great for that. I know that for an extra $4-5 I can purchase a MAC, but I really love this product & plan on collecting more whenever they go on sale at SDM.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For reference I am somewhere between NC 37-40. I have this in 816 Lingering Mocha and 735 Mesmerizing Merlot. I love them! I've been looking for an MLBB color for a long time and 816 qualifies!

I first got 816 and decided to get a few more plus 735 as a backup since they look very similar based on swatches online (coz when you find your mlbb, you make sure you have backups!) I find 735 a slightly rosy version of 816 but when worn together (upper and lower lip), they're virtually the same color.

This lasts around 3 hours for me. Does not dry my lips and applies well even without a balm.

on 10/30/2014 7:32:00 AM

Not sure if i like it. Its quite drying and the finish is a bit old fashioned, slightly glittery. Its a weird texture on the lips; like a boiled sweet has been rubbed on your lips and left to dry. I dont believe Gwen Stefani would use this when it first came out; probably was paid to say that she did as she was their spokesperson. Ill keep using it but fir work; my desk drawer is full of lipsticks i thought would be great but are not. Im not surprised this one was discontinued. I just purchased l'oreal's Blake Lively red. Totally different and a thousand times better!

on 7/22/2014 2:21:00 PM

I've tried several drugstore lip stains - Loreal Infallible Colour Duo, Covergirl Outlast and Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm - and this is the best long lasting lipstick I've tried yet. It's basically a lip stain rather than a lipstick. It's buildable, doesn't flake off, goes on evenly, doesn't feel like a marker... it's great! I'm definitely going to buy more of these products in different colours. The only small downside is the packaging, because the lipstick sticks out of the tube and so I feel that I'm going to ruin the top of it soon when I open and close the lid.

on 6/2/2014 7:01:00 PM

I'm not a big lipstick wearer, due to the fact that I found them annoying to keep up/reapply... Were more of a nuisance than anything. Then I found always apricot on clearance at target and decided to give it a go. (I really love the shade, a perfect peachy nude that just brightens up the lips) Oh my goodness, these are amazing I bought 3 more. For people like me who need something easy and effortless that lasts, this lipstick is it.

on 1/2/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Ravishing Red because Gwen Stafani wears it and she has the same coloring as me in L'Oreal's True Match, C3. I figured since i liked how it looked on her it would look good on me. It does. I love the color and the formula does stay put for hours. I am just not giving it 5 lippies because it does dry out my lips. I know that's to be expected with these types of products but it's probably not something I would use much. I prefer the regular lipsticks.

Appears to be a medium red that leans cool/neutral.

on 12/27/2013 4:39:00 PM

I stopped wearing lipstick probably about 10 years ago. I switched to wearing glosses, balms, and the like because it was my opinion that lipstick made me look older (in a bad way). Recently, I decided to try lipstick again, being that punchy lipcolor is so in right now. I googled around the net & decided to go bold after reading an article featuring the best red lipsticks on the market today. I purchased this lipstick in shade# 312 Ravishing Red. It's definitely a change for me! It's a very bold red color, a true red, as if you used a Crayola crayon on your mouth. It has better staying power than any of the others that I have tried recently (which includes a couple of Revlon lipsticks) and the pigmentation seems more intense. It won't get me through a whole day of eating & drinking, but through more hours than any other lipcolor I've tried so far. (In fairness, I drink a ton of water at my desk all day.) My only gripe really, is that the color is kind of an orange-red versus a blue-red. I have a cool skintone, so some of the blue-based reds I've tried look better on my skin. Inside the silver tube, the red tones out and LOOKS cool, but once on, it's actually not. (Partially my fault, partially theirs). I agree with other reviewers that it's definitely drying and you most definitely want to use it on smooth, exfoliated lips. I do plan to continue wearing this product/shade; it's fun and makes my smile really stand out.

on 12/18/2013 2:28:00 AM

I absolutely love this lipstick. I have been toying around with other brands and lines for a while like Revlon and Covergirl, only drugstore brands, ad L'Oreal is now my ultimate favorite. I loved the Colour Riche line, and my first lipstick was from that line, so I saw their new Le Infallible Rouge line and tried it out. I now have 5 if these and am in love with each one! I have Rambling Rose, a dark rose shade with some gold shimmer in it, Eternal Rose: a mid tone rose with a creamy finish and slight shine, Tender Berry: a light rose with silver shimmer (very gentle and sweet), Bold Bordeaux: a deep, dark red with enough class to wear everyday, but a little bit of sass, and Unending Kiss: a pink nude that is very gentle. All of these, and most of the line have cool undertones, which is great for my fair skin and dark hair. They all apply smoothly and are very creamy. If you apply carefully and do NOT rub lips together frantically they dry and "set". There is some color transfer onto drinks, but the effect on lips is almost nonexistent if you are careful. No scent, it dries to a slightly tacky finish and is not drying to lips at all. Great color payoff, what you see in the tube is why shows on your lips. Beautiful pigmentation and a lasting power that is great for several hours. (Not ten like the ad, but if applied correctly 5-6). Packaging is cute and in my opinion quite classy. If you are a "slap on without looking" person, this will present a challenge because you have to at least spend a minute carefully applying. Totally worth the 60 seconds though! ;) Overall my favorite lipstick ever and in constant rotation. Perfect for my busy student life and demure enough to turn heads in jut the right way. Not too bold or too faint. Beautiful lipsticks that evoke an age of grace and class.

Popular Lipsticks