November 26, 2014 | 1592 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Le Rouge

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure if i like it. Its quite drying and the finish is a bit old fashioned, slightly glittery. Its a weird texture on the lips; like a boiled sweet has been rubbed on your lips and left to dry. I dont believe Gwen Stefani would use this when it first came out; probably was paid to say that she did as she was their spokesperson. Ill keep using it but fir work; my desk drawer is full of lipsticks i thought would be great but are not. Im not surprised this one was discontinued. I just purchased l'oreal's Blake Lively red. Totally different and a thousand times better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried several drugstore lip stains - Loreal Infallible Colour Duo, Covergirl Outlast and Revlon Colorstay Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm - and this is the best long lasting lipstick I've tried yet. It's basically a lip stain rather than a lipstick. It's buildable, doesn't flake off, goes on evenly, doesn't feel like a marker... it's great! I'm definitely going to buy more of these products in different colours. The only small downside is the packaging, because the lipstick sticks out of the tube and so I feel that I'm going to ruin the top of it soon when I open and close the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jennamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a big lipstick wearer, due to the fact that I found them annoying to keep up/reapply... Were more of a nuisance than anything. Then I found always apricot on clearance at target and decided to give it a go. (I really love the shade, a perfect peachy nude that just brightens up the lips) Oh my goodness, these are amazing I bought 3 more. For people like me who need something easy and effortless that lasts, this lipstick is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this in Ravishing Red because Gwen Stafani wears it and she has the same coloring as me in L'Oreal's True Match, C3. I figured since i liked how it looked on her it would look good on me. It does. I love the color and the formula does stay put for hours. I am just not giving it 5 lippies because it does dry out my lips. I know that's to be expected with these types of products but it's probably not something I would use much. I prefer the regular lipsticks.

Appears to be a medium red that leans cool/neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I stopped wearing lipstick probably about 10 years ago. I switched to wearing glosses, balms, and the like because it was my opinion that lipstick made me look older (in a bad way). Recently, I decided to try lipstick again, being that punchy lipcolor is so in right now. I googled around the net & decided to go bold after reading an article featuring the best red lipsticks on the market today. I purchased this lipstick in shade# 312 Ravishing Red. It's definitely a change for me! It's a very bold red color, a true red, as if you used a Crayola crayon on your mouth. It has better staying power than any of the others that I have tried recently (which includes a couple of Revlon lipsticks) and the pigmentation seems more intense. It won't get me through a whole day of eating & drinking, but through more hours than any other lipcolor I've tried so far. (In fairness, I drink a ton of water at my desk all day.) My only gripe really, is that the color is kind of an orange-red versus a blue-red. I have a cool skintone, so some of the blue-based reds I've tried look better on my skin. Inside the silver tube, the red tones out and LOOKS cool, but once on, it's actually not. (Partially my fault, partially theirs). I agree with other reviewers that it's definitely drying and you most definitely want to use it on smooth, exfoliated lips. I do plan to continue wearing this product/shade; it's fun and makes my smile really stand out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by KatyPuebla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lipstick. I have been toying around with other brands and lines for a while like Revlon and Covergirl, only drugstore brands, ad L'Oreal is now my ultimate favorite. I loved the Colour Riche line, and my first lipstick was from that line, so I saw their new Le Infallible Rouge line and tried it out. I now have 5 if these and am in love with each one! I have Rambling Rose, a dark rose shade with some gold shimmer in it, Eternal Rose: a mid tone rose with a creamy finish and slight shine, Tender Berry: a light rose with silver shimmer (very gentle and sweet), Bold Bordeaux: a deep, dark red with enough class to wear everyday, but a little bit of sass, and Unending Kiss: a pink nude that is very gentle. All of these, and most of the line have cool undertones, which is great for my fair skin and dark hair. They all apply smoothly and are very creamy. If you apply carefully and do NOT rub lips together frantically they dry and "set". There is some color transfer onto drinks, but the effect on lips is almost nonexistent if you are careful. No scent, it dries to a slightly tacky finish and is not drying to lips at all. Great color payoff, what you see in the tube is why shows on your lips. Beautiful pigmentation and a lasting power that is great for several hours. (Not ten like the ad, but if applied correctly 5-6). Packaging is cute and in my opinion quite classy. If you are a "slap on without looking" person, this will present a challenge because you have to at least spend a minute carefully applying. Totally worth the 60 seconds though! ;) Overall my favorite lipstick ever and in constant rotation. Perfect for my busy student life and demure enough to turn heads in jut the right way. Not too bold or too faint. Beautiful lipsticks that evoke an age of grace and class.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

i have this is refined ruby and i quite like it. it shows up on me as a neutral leaning blue red on me which i really enjoy as most reds look orange on me. i don't find it too loud and in your face, but classy and wearable even though it's a bold colour. it has pretty good staying power and doesn't transfer a whole lot. the finish is semi matte but not drying on me. i'm curious about other shades in this line ..pretty underrated group of drugstore lipsticks in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

just got this product in forever frappe. LOVE IT .long lasting beautiful brownish pink color. cannot wait to get more from this line. goes on smooth, pigmented, &nice after a while it does get tacky . nothing too over whelming . runs about 10$ so a bit pricy . no sent long lasting drink and food proof.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally got this lipstick in the shade perpetual peach, which as the name implies is a gorgeous peach shade. This was one of my fave neutral looking lip colors to rock over the summer if my eyes were more done cause it was subtle on me. I think because it was meant to be long lasting (10 hours allegedly), the formula for this is a little bit dry. Just make sure your lips are moisturized before using this or it will highlight every dry crack on you. Now, while this doesn't quite last me the 10 hours it claims, more like a few hours or so, but keeping in mind I am almost always sipping on water or coffee at work I give it some leeway, it does last longer than most lipsticks I have tried. I liked it enough that I ended up picking up another shade, perennial pink, one of the last times I ran to the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I own Perpetual Peach, Refined Ruby, and my fav of the 3, Eternal Rose. I like that these are creamy but its easy to apply too much and it can end up patchy. Refined Ruby looks red in the tube but comes out as more of a fuschia. Perpetual Peach is a shimmery peachy color and Eternal Rose is a shimmery mauvy dusty rose color. I wish these were more opaque and also less shimmery. If I find a color that fits my skin more, I will probably give more lippies to these.