August 23, 2014 | 935 users online

Blush - Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using the BoomStick Trio for several months, several times a week. My favorite of the trio is the Glimmer highlighter (see that review for more), but I do like the Color stick and with summer coming, will probably use it even more often.

This is a sheer red/plum/brown color that is touted to be flattering on anyone, and I believe that. I'm pale and warm-toned (NC10-15, Color IQ 3Y01) and the Color stick really does impart a healthy flush on my face. A little goes a long way for me, but it's sheer and blends easily. The color is more enlivening than my go-to neutral blush, BECCA Beach Tint in Fig. In fact, I layer it over the Fig often to get the longevity of the BT with the richness of this color.

On my lips, this is more flattering than two other widely touted "universal" shades, Lipstick Queen's Medieval and Clinique's Black Honey. Those pull more pink on me, which makes them too cool-toned for my taste. One quibble: The BoomStick Color is a little drying on lips for me on its own, but slicking it over a balm (BoomStick Glo, for example) makes it work. I like this best with a fairly soft, beeswax-based balm -- the color spreads most evenly with those.

Whether you think this is expensive depends on what you're comparing it to. This is $24 for 8 grams, which is $3/gram. The Stila convertible color is nearly twice as much, at $5.88/gram. The Nars Multiple (the original, not the matte) is slightly less, at $2.78/gram. The Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers are $2/gram. So the price seems to me to be in line with similar products.

No fuss, easy and effective makeup -- just as advertised.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bdober666

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Greasy mess..keep looking ladies. Expensive price for vasoline!
Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate.... oh my!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by schnooz1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The video led me to purchase the trio. What a ripoff. The moisturizer, I believe, must be vaseline. What a horrible feeling. Gooey all day. The highlighter was a see through, not able to tell the difference when used, beigy color. Of no use. No "glimmer'. Did absolutely nothing. The lipstick was a nice color, and it is a color that is good for anyone, but I could have bought a $3.99 lipstick and gotten more product.
As for the packaging?.....It was the middle of the hottest days of summer. No special packaging, so therefore, it was mooshy when I got it, I had to put it into the refrigerator for a few hours to be able to use it. My advice is do not waste your money gals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got to thank the first reviewer for including the ingredients because that font size on the tube is too tiny for my eyes!

That being said, this product is targeting boomers (Boom! Get it?) and works well as a blush or lipstick.

For years, make-up artists have said, "Find a color that matches the inside of your lips and use that as a blush color." This product does just that for - probably - most women. It's more red than pink and has a flesh (I can't really say brown) undertone to it.

And that makes it work. It's a little sticky and now comes in a plastic - rather than metal - container.

But because it is a gel/oil base, you can really move right through the tube pretty easily. I find that I have to smooth it down on my lips until there is simply a stain. But it never changes into a shade like Benetint rather it stays true to the color in the tube.

If you aren't into make-up anymore or never were, this is a great product to add some color to your face without the hassle of powder blushes or the fashion shades of, say, NARS Multiples.

Personally I find it more difficult to get make-up to look good at age 58 - and I am pretty talented at applying it! So I look for products like this that are very forgiving and color-appropriate. I deep sigh goes along with that statement - but I know I am not alone.

Cindy Joseph is a stunning woman and a terrific model. She does a weekly video chat and never feels the need to appear overdone. She promotes a healthy lifestyle and natural look. If that resonates with you, you'll appreciate her limited selection of products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sammy999

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These products contain vitamin e. so if you have experienced itching it is due to this.
The color stick is extremely drying to the lips. If you have olive skin it appears orangey on both your cheeks and your lips. I think the colors for silver haired women make you look old versus a pink color which has a more youthful look and gives the appearance of a fresh face instead of an old one given these boom colors. The moisturizer did nothing to hydrate my dry skin, and the stick that is supposed to glisten your skin only accentuates the wrinkles! Not good at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I have to say that when I received my order for Colorstick, it wasn't in the box! I was devastated! I immediately emailed the Boom website and explained what happened ;received a very sweet reply from Cindy, who said she would follow up as it had happened before, and that she would overnight another. The next day my Colorstick arrived as promised ....now that is great customer service! I love the color, texture, and the glow as demoed in SWC vids. I will buy BoomSilk next, and am now not only an addicted fan, but a loyal customer!EDIT- I recently ordered the BOOMstick trio and will review later. Still love my Color; gave my Tarte Blushing Bride to my daughter!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have actually had this for over a year (Boomstick color) and it has slowly become the "go to" item in my makeup kit. The color, well described by other reviewers looks very natural on my NW20 skin, and on my pigmented lips is really MLBB. I wear it most casual days on my cheeks and lips and occasionally near my eyes and forehead area. I use it several times a week and it's over a year old; I still have 1/3 of a tube left. I would definitely order again, it's easy, natural and lasts at least 4 hours without reapplying. Today I was running late and only wore the boomstick color on my cheeks and lips, eyebrow powder and mascara and two different people commented that I looked younger. Good enough for me! I will definitely order the glimmer and glo sticks next time. Although it seems to be marketed to the older woman, I think anyone who likes a casual, natural look would like this.
UPDATE: Still wearing, although I use it more on my lips than on my cheeks. It's a great color for my lips. I alternate it with Tarte Cheek Stains, which offer so many color choices. But's it is still a "go to" item in my cosmetic collection, especially on minimal makeup days.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cindy Joseph promises much and she delivers. Boomstick Color is satisfying simple. It's foolproof and imparts a beautiful, authentic flush of colour. It's divine as a blush - soft and sheer, and it allows the natural skin tone to show through, yet it lasts. It looks pretty on my lips and feels like a cross between a lipstick and a lipbalm. Surprisingly, it works on my eyelids as well. To warm my complexion up a bit more, I also use it where I might otherwise apply bronzer. It's fun to experiment with. Boomstick Color is a good thing in a small package. It's perfect for holidays, perfect for when time is short, perfect for a guaranteed beauty boost. In my book, it's perfect full stop.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Boom! is a new, minimalist cosmetic line developed by makeup artist and model Cindy Joseph. There are currently 3 products available: a Color Stick, a Glo Stick (for moisture), and Glimmer Stick (a highlighter). I believe these are currently only available online. I'm reviewing the Boomstick Color ($24), which I really like. When I'm in need of a highlighter or moisturizer, I won't hesitate to order the rest of her line.

It's a creamy gel formulation with a *very* mild vanilla scent that dissipates quickly. The color is a sheer, brownish, neutral rose-red shade, which looks very dark in the tube, but don't let that worry you! It can be used on cheeks, eyes, lips and is recommended for other areas too (at the hairline, down the center of the neck). It applies quickly, easily, and smoothly, and the lasting power on skin is terrific. I have never been able to use anything touted as a "universal" shade before, but this one works for me, perhaps because the sheerness lets skin tone come through. It also gives a nice MLBB flush to the lips. Adds an overall natural glow and brightens the face.

Boomstick Color comes in a small (2 1/2" long x 1" wide) metal case. The cap clicks on firmly and stays on, making it perfect for carrying around in a bag or pocket.

Boom! is marketed towards women over 40, but anyone who wants a quick wash of natural color could use this.

BOOMSTICK COLOR Ingredients List:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No