Avon Healthy Mousse Foundation

3.8

on 5/9/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Kind bummed that Avon has discontinued this as it feels great on my skin. Light to medium coverage that doesn't dry me out. It's a basic, no frills foundation. I'm a NW45 and wear Earth and it was a near perfect match. *sigh*, I guess I'll just have to buy a bunch on Ebay!

on 8/27/2012 3:58:00 PM

i have this foundation in light beige and it is a good shade for those who are for example an NC20..I defenitely LOVE this foundation even though i have oily skin it does have flawless coverage when set with your choice of powder. I defenitely recommend this to those who want light coverage and even full flawless coverage..it is buildable. All in all it is an amazing product!!.

on 4/22/2012 7:49:00 PM

This is an excellent cream to powder foundation, better for those with oily skin, I don't think people with dry skin would like this because it is very matte. I find it does help to control oil, it helps to hide my pores, it is light coverage that can be built up and blends beautifully.

on 2/28/2011 8:34:00 AM

I have this in Nude, which is the darker of the fair skin tone colors. It still seems a little too light, giving me a pale matte complexion. It seems dry out of the jar, not that creamy whipped appearance shown in the photo. However it does blend well and stay matte. Would definitely try a darker shade especially for summer. I was using this foundation plus one of the Avon blush sticks in Rose Gold and someone descreibed me as "glowing" that day. Overall pretty good product, wish it were more creamy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this foundation in Light Beige, which is a pretty close match for NW15. It's basically identical to the old mousse foundation discontinued 3-4 years ago, and it's pretty inexpensive when on sale. I use my SK flattop brush to buff it on. It offers medium to full coverage and a natural/velvet finish. Overall it wears well but it can get a bit splotchy in very dry or very oily areas, and I notice that my jaw looks a bit orange at the end of the day. It has not caused an allergenic or acnegenic reactions to my sensitive skin. It's an okay foundation for the price, but nothing to write home about.