MAC Peek-at-You Peacocky Collection 2011

4.3

TALC, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ZINC STEARATE, TRICAPRYLIN, SILICA, BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D'ABEILLE, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, WATER\AQUA\EAU, HYDROXYSTEARIC/LINOLENIC/OLEIC POLYGLYCERIDES, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ALUMINA, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BRONZE POWDER (CI 77400), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), COPPER POWDER (CI 77400), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

on 2/6/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this shadow nearly every day as a highlighter. It reminds me very much of my former HG, Femme Fi. I think this is much closer to Femme Fi than to Shroom. Application is smooth and it wears well; the pigmentation of mine is very good. I bought a back up, so I'll never need to purchase again--but it is repurchase worthy.

on 9/6/2012 9:28:00 AM

I like this one, But i will not buy again, it have to many dupes. And it,s not a wow color.

on 7/14/2011 5:49:00 PM

This is my favorite color from this collection. I love this formula so much that I bought all of the eye shadow colors. It's so blendable and the colors are so vibrant. Great job MAC!

on 3/7/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased peek at you when I went to pick up a back up of shroom. I noticed this and swatched it next to shroom and they are almost identical. I ended up purchasing this eyeshadow instead, who doesn't want more bang for the buck? This may be my new HG highlight color! It is pretty boring, but given the other "loud" shades in the peacocky collection, colors like this even the collection out. I'm NW25 for reference.

on 2/15/2011 10:30:00 AM

This color is from the 2011 peacocky collection and I have to say that out of all the shades I bought thus is my least favorite , to me it's a bit chalky and not as smooth as the other shades in this collection , sorry Mac disappointed in this ;(

on 1/11/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely ADORE this shade. I am a huge fan of Shroom (an HG shade of mine). Some find Shroom boring. But if you like this or Phloof or Vanilla (shades in that sort of family) then you will love this too not only for the color, but for the texture itself. I like to say it's Shroom's 1st cousin - very similar with just a minor difference in shade. Peek At You pulls just a little teeny teeny hint more of peachy-beige. In the pan, I could see the difference but when I put it on my lids, I couldn't really tell. I think this has a very similar texture to the Starflash e/s - which I also love. Overall, this a great neutral. And about the price...you get DOUBLE the amt of e/s for just a few more bucks. So even though it doesn't fit in my palette, I'm fine with it. I make out better with more product for my money. :) (For reference, I'm a C3/NC25 with yellow undertones)

on 1/8/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the 1st reviewer that this is similar to Shroom, because it makes a great highlighter. It's kind of a sheer eyeshadow, so I don't think it would be very noticeable all over the lid, unless that is the subtle-type of look you are going for. I used this in my inner lid corners and as a brow highlight, with Top of the Posh (pink) on the rest of the lids, and BB Birch in the crease. It was a nice, subtle, neutral day look. For reference, I am NW20 skin tone.

on 1/6/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this color. It is a soft pale gold. It looks amazing over chilled on ice paint pot. I also really like this color as a highligh color. I missed out on soft force, I am really glad I got this one.

on 1/6/2011 12:46:00 PM

UPDATE 1/9/12 - I worship this eyeshadow, bumping it up to 5 lippies. I find myself using it every single day as a highlight color. It doesn't leave a big plop of color or texture, but blends beautifully into my NW20 skin tone and takes all the pink/purple out of my deep set eyes to leave them bright and awake. Oh, if this ever comes back I will be back ups!

ORIGINAL POST: Peek-at-You was described by MAC as a frosty yellow gold I believe. On me no color really shows up, just a slight "highlight". But it doesn't pack much of a punch on my NW20 skin, black/brown hair, brown eyes. I put some on my lid and it just slighty brightened the area, but you could barely tell I was wearing anything. I am even debating about keeping it. It is basically the color of my skin. It just provides some evening out of skin tone. It is kind of as boring as Shroom. That said, I think it may be as utility as Shroom too. It makes an excellent highlight color and leaves no "texture" in the highlight area. Peek-at-You feels (but not the same color) similar to how Vanilla eyeshadow applies. It is a great highlight shade for neutrals, browns, golds, greens. Where as I like to use Vanilla as a highlight with grays & purples. Probably the most boring color of the new collection. But if you are in search of a nice highlighting color this could be it.