November 26, 2014 | 1591 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Dew Me Moisturizing Makeup Setting Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used this a couple of times (chill - not Dew Me, which I don't think exists anymore) so I'm going to assume that I would repurchase though I'm not 100% sure. I really LOVE how this feels on my skin after applying a full face of makeup. It just gives my complexion and dry skin a dewy glow and eliminates some of that cakey-ness that occurs after I've put on a full face of make-up.

As for lasting power -- I spritzed a small amount on before yoga last night and my makeup lasted, for real. It looked perfect when I got home (and it was a decently warm class).

Not sure if it's a make-up must have but I'm happy with it so far!

The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it's hard to apply without getting some in your hair (unless you wear a shower cap while applying I guess?). It hasn't made my hair greasy or anything though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I got chill and i have dry skin and i thought this was going to be holy grail but it sucks it makes no dewy finish or refresh or make you chill and definitely doesn't help foundation last ! Better off getting elf setting spray for $3 at target

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by PurpleShade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it's not overwhemling or anything special. I didn't notice a difference in staying power or a more 'dewy' face. It also broke my out horribly or more like a allergic reaction with a horrific rash on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

Can I live without this product? Yes. Do I want to? Heck no!

I bought this on a Sephora buying spree. I wanted something to set my makeup but I found the usual "setters" to be really drying. The SA rep pointed me to Dew Me (no, the fiance does NOT like it displayed on our vanity countertop in the bathroom.)

It keeps my powder foundation set alllll day and adds the moisture back in my face that the makeup sucks out after application. I'm really happy with this and I've been using it consistently for 4 months now with great results. Still over half the bottle left too. Pricey but worth it. I took off one lippie because really.....I could live without it. I wouldn't freak out if i left it at home when I went on vacation like I would my BE mineral powder. Still - it's a great find.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product bewilders me. I have been using this on and off for 5 months now and I really didn't think it was working at all and to my eyes I couldn't see any real difference between the days i use it and the days I don't. That is why the sporadic use. I use a loose powder to set my makeup anyway so I was thinking this was simply overkill and probably a marketing ploy by cosmetics companies to get more of my money as they know my love for makeup. However, when I use this someone will remark on how beautiful I look or how fresh my look is and I have noticed a pattern over the past 5 months. So.... based on that I am going to have to say it is definitely doing something whether I see it or not. The compliments speak for the product. It really just feels like water and I was wondering if I had been duped by the hype, you know like the Emperor's New Clothes? But all I can say is when I use this people comment. My makeup does stay on all day and I do not retouch anything except lipstick or gloss throughout the day. This goes on at 0500 and I will admit that at 2000, 15 hours later, I am looking a little faded and the colors aren't as vibrant and I get smudges under my eyes but seriously I can't expect a product to hold makeup like cement for 24 hours and I think the 14 it does it acceptable. I do feel though it is rather high priced and I don't need it that bad considering my eyes really can't tell a difference. So no I won't buy this again, I can use that twenty dollars somewhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by jaime78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think they have renamed this product as chill. I brought this about a week ago and have nothing but good things to say. It sets my makeup for up to 12 hrs (La Prairie skin caviar concealer foundation). I work in a hospital in the operating department where heat, humidity and face masks play havoc with your skin and makeup but this stuff lasts throughout my 12 hr shifts and does not dehydrate my skin. I was previously using model in a bottle but didn't like the smell and the stinging and the fact that may face felt so tight that when I displayed any movement on my face you could see where it had been applied as my face crinkled. If you want something to set your makeup all day without feeling like you have applied anything give this a go I think I payed 19.50 from Debenhams it is quite a large container and I have been told that It will last up to 3 months with everyday use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by suegy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! It gives my face a nice dewy look after applying face powder and it looks fresh ALL DAY! Unfortunately, Dew Me has been discontinued. They replaced it with a new product called Chill. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently beauty.com had the UD setting sprays on sale for $18 (from $29) so of course I had to take advantage of it! I've been wanting to get the All Nighter setting spray for the longest time, but then I discovered there's a version for dry skin, which is this Dew Me one, so I decided to get it. I've been using it a few times now and so far so good! I have dry skin and this is perfect for me. It gives me a nice glowy finish and my makeup lasts for a very long time. I normally wear the UD 24/7 eyeliner, before I would have to reapply the liner every few hours, but with this spray the liner seems to stay much longer where I don't have to reapply at all! My bronzer/blush/highlighter also stays nicely put. I can go on a full 8-hr day at work without having to worry about makeup touch ups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dew Me is definitely not worth the $29 I paid for it. Luckily I shop in Delaware where there's no sales tax, but for most people, this little bottle of nothing is gonna cost them over $30! That's ridiculous! If this product actually worked & lived up to its claims, it would be worth the price for sure imo. I see that this does work for some people, but for me, nada. It is the equivalent of spraying a refreshing mist on my face. It didn't make my makeup last any longer whatsoever. It is hydrating & slightly rejuvenating, but no more than my rosewater & glycerin spray that was a fraction of the cost of this @ my local health food store. The mist that sprays on your face should be a LOT finer & the bottle overall isn't very nice. For example, I much prefer the MAC Fix+ bottles over these. Luckily, I always,* always* save all my receipts (which has come in SO handy several times) & I returned this to Sephora. If I could give any beauty advice to anyone reading this, it's find a special spot for all your receipts, and put them in that same place every time-- immediately when u get home from the store! That way, you won't have to waste your money if something doesn't work for you. In the U.S., most every drug store will accept something used back if you have your receipt. I really wanted Dew Me to work for me, very disappointing. According to Goss makeup artist on You Tube, the Skindinavia setting sprays are the best. Even tho this Urban Decay one says it's "by Skindinavia", I've heard that the actual Skindinavia ones are much better. We'll see!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I can't believe I didn't try this sooner! I have dry skin and the winter and dry office air takes a toll on my skin and make up. At the end of the day during the winter my makeup looks so gross and I tend to get flaky dry skin. I normally use Mac Fix+ to set my make up and try to keep make up fresh looking throughout the day. However all it every really did was get rid of the powdery look. Here comes DEW ME and I am in love! I spray this on after my make up and it doesn't have that wet feeling you get from Fix+ where you have to let it dry. Once you spray dew me it dries right away and your makeup is set. I used it every day this entire work week and not once did I get flakes from dry skin and at the end of the day my make up still looks great! I was in awe! From 7am to 7pm my foundation barely budge, no dry-cracks, not much shine in other areas and I did not touch up my make up throughout the day or spray my face again with dew me. I am convinced this is HG status. After I sprayed this on I was set for my work day. Usually my makeup starts to wear off in 4-5 hours, but dew me really holds up my makeup and the moisture in my skin. It is pricey though at $35 (CAD) compared to MAC Fix + ($21 CAD) ...THOUGH, I will gladly pay more for amazing results. I always felt like I was over paying for rose-water buying Fix+ anyways. Dew me has done wonders for my very dry skin and makeup. **I will update on how well it works during the summer months. So far it has helped in the winter season *Update it works great in the summer. Sadly this has been DISCONTINUED. Replaced by UD's cooling mist.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No