Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipgloss

3.1

on 10/21/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the shade 'comfortably nude' and it is the perfect pairing to the Moisture Renew lipstick in 'nude delight' which is one of my faves. Smooth, comfortable and moisturising to wear, no gritty glitter or grainy texture and most of all non-sticky. Very good gloss for the price and a lovely true nude shade not pink, not orange or brown just a good neutral nude.

on 9/27/2013 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't believe this line doesn't have a higher rating on MUA. I have been using this line continuously for 2 years and am now almost out of my fifth tube - 105 Pink Benefit, 145 Pink Protect (x2), 116 Comfortably Nude, and 115 Rose Cocoon. Pink Benefit is a frosty pale pink with shimmers. Pink Protect is a light pink with a hint of peach and a little bit of shimmers. Comfortably Nude is a beige nude with no shimmers. Rose Cocoon is a brighter pink with a bit of shimmers. All are suitable for everyday wear. I especially like Pink Benefit with smoky eyes, Pink Protect/Rose Cocoon for everday, and Comfortably Nude for minimal makeup days.

I love the entire Moisture Renew line because it doesn't dry out my lips unlike other lip products. The lipglosses have fairly good coverage, creamy texture, moisturizing benefits, beautiful colours, and mediocre lasting power. They also don't leave a white line or sparkles on my lips after drying out/fading. The only problem is the packaging - the wand doesn't dip as low as the bottom of the tube so you can never get the last bit of lipgloss out. Otherwise, it's a HG lipgloss.

This is the worst Rimmel product I have ever tried. Here are the reasons why:

1) colors/tints/gloss do not stay, they fade within 15 minutes, I still feel the heaviness of something on my lips, but when I look in the mirror, there is zero evidence of any type of color or shine.
2) stick is horrible applicator, it is very flimsy which leads to no control and gloss getting outside of lip line.
3) on both of the glosses I purchased, the colors leak and run all over the place. I have to wrap the gloss in a fresh paper towel each time after I use it so it doesn't get all over my other makeup.

This product is total junk. I only use it for work, bc I hardly care what I look like. The only reason I keep using it is bc I don't want to be wasteful. But I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/3/2013 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this on sale for $1.86 so I'm not that disappointed that it didn't work out. WHen I put it on there is very little to no color payoff. You can also smell the SPF 15 on this gloss. It smells similar to neutrogena sunscreens. Also, it doesn't moisturize that well even thugh its called moisture renew. Overall, pretty average.

on 10/11/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got it in Purple Rescue, which I thought to be more fuchsia but it has too blue in it to my skin tone, so I look like a child playing with odd makeup colours, but it was my bad for this.
I can say it is supershiny but it doesn't hold a bit. Not sticky. It bleeds even with a thin coat. However it is well pigmented and not drying. If I had got a good shade I would use it up, but I wouldn't buy again.
I'll give it away.

on 9/29/2012 2:28:00 PM

I have this in SOS Red! I love it! You can wear a dab and get a hint of color. Or, you can apply a lot and get a strong red color! Its a little sticky, but not slimy! I found it very hydrating. It doesn't have the best staying power, but the color and texture are really amazing!

on 8/16/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The wand is really weird; the tip kind of bends and I sometime worry it'll break!

I got SOS Red, it was a little more pink than I wanted. It really does moisturize; however, re-application is necessary and the strong color makes smudging a problem.

on 7/22/2012 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

(More like a 3.5 / 5)

Aww, why all the hate? I don't think these are all that bad!

I have this in 135 Active Mauve and 525 SOS Red, though I use the latter more now as I've been hooked on sheer red lips for the past several months!

On the outside, the packaging is acceptable in quality... I don't have any outstanding pros or cons to make. Open up the tube and you will get a standard doe-foot applicator. Fine by me...until I realize how flimsy the tip is! Sometimes I feel like it's going to fall or snap off. The product definitely has a lipstick sort of scent to it, but I'm not the kind of person who usually gets bothered by synthetic, chemical-ly fragrances.

I haven't tried any of the lighter colours, but Active Mauve is sheer, with some subtle sparkle... Those with heavily pigmented lips will be disappointed. For me, it's a nice MLBB shade, despite being cool-toned. As for the SOS Red, it definitely has enough pigment to show up. I would say that for a gloss it offers sheer to medium coverage. The sparkles are a nice gold colour, again, not too flashy. I think it would work well with warm-toned girls.

Consistency-wise, the product is runnier than a typical gloss. It's smooth and non-sticky, and for that reason, it doesn't last (non-sticky and long-lasting... It's hard to have both in a gloss, eh?). I wouldn't exactly say that it's moisturizing, but I'm glad that it's not drying.

Flaws aside, I think that this is good product. Not amazing, but I'd still be happy to buy more of these!

on 7/13/2012 7:17:00 AM

I bought this in pink spa for 1. The colour is cute but does not go an as dark as it looks in the tube. The smell reminds me of perming solution from years ago. Its not too sticky which I like and its very easy to apply but wears away in less than an hour.
I'm happy with it because of the price I paid and Im goin gto take it away for my beach holiday but I doubt I would buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product was a big letdown! I bought it on clearance in the shade SOS red thinking it would be a moisturizing gloss, but I was way wrong! It smells horrible, like a really fake chemical perfume scent and the texture was too thin for my liking with hardly any color payoff. I liked the large foam applicator but that was about it! The color faded and feathered on me in less than an hour, leaving my lips dry looking. Thank goodness I got this stuff for cheap because I haven't used it since the first time I tried.