December 21, 2014 | 1359 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - 24 Hour super stay

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really conflicted... I bought this in the shade "Keep Up the Flame" and I love the colour. I'm drawn to red lipsticks and this looked nice on my pale skin. But it made my lips feel dry. Even with the balm. I found that it didn't stay on for nowhere near 24 hours as I had to reapply from time to time. Especially on the insides of my lips and especially after eating or drinking. Even so, I found it didn't wipe off on anything. I could touch my lips and no pigment would be wiped off which is always good.
I like how there's a wide variety of shades but at this point, I don't think I'd repurchase unless I found them on sale. I'll finish my tube but I think that's it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Neverending Pearl, and I hate it. Once it dries, my lips look like they're permanently cracked. The pearl finish makes the "dehydrated look" appear really really obvious. I wouldn't rebuy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by remm022

I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, but overall it does a good job of staying vibrant throughout an entire workday, and that works great for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sassylittl3lady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. It works really well. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours before it chips so it doesn't live up to its name but nonetheless still goes on strong and looks great!
It dries out your lips though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I usually wear red lipsticks and have tried many in my life.
I needed to play flute in a theater play with a red lipstick on - and even Ruby Woo from MAC could not handle that particular situation.
A colleague of mine told me that Maybelline had them lipsticks that really stay on your lips - but I couldn't believe that they are better than Pro Longwear lipstick from MAC and I didn't think that I am going to like them.
It instantly reminded me on the longwear lipsticks of the 90's, feeling of tightness, crumbles falling off all around and pain on the lips included.
I only own one MAC Pro Longwear lipstick because:
1) there are not so many colors to choose from, so the one I own is the only color I can wear and
2) I still do not like the way it feels on my lips, it's kind of dry.
But I had no choice because of that flute.
I went to the nearest department store and immediately tried all the Maybelline Superstay 24 H colors on my arm.
The next three days those lipstick lines stayed on my arm like some strange lipstick tatoo.
So went back and bought two colors: Red Passion & Boundless Berry.
I like to use Boundless Berry on the daily basis because I love the color a lot and it feels smooth and good on my lips.
Red Passion is saving me in my theater play, but it is not my most favorite red color.
I think that a few more red colors in the collection would be great.
For example, one of my favorite reds is Siren Red, also from Maybelline (Forever Lipstick, I think).
There are enough browns in the collection.
Those lipsticks do not stay for 24 hours on my lips, but I do not know any other lipstick which stays longer, can deal with my flute, eating and drinking a lot of red wine.
I need to reapply after 4-5 hours.
This is so far my favorite long staying lipstick.
I also tried Long lasting Lipstick Lips2Last by Manhattan Cosmetics and it's quite good, but I love the feel of Maybelline Superstay 24 on the lips much more.
It's not so cheap, though - but I found myself primarily using those 'cause I am lazy and do not like to reapply red lipstick every single time I take a sip of wine.
I also need to mention that because I like my lips to look matte I almost never use the other side of the lipstick (that glossy thing one is supposed to put over the color).
And you need to be fast and precise while applying because the lipstick is drying fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetypaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick in Ultimate Blush has a frosty finish with pinkish peach color. Personally I donít like lipsticks with frosty finish but its lovely pinkish coral color made me go for it. The texture is smooth and the color is buildable though more layering adds more frost leading to dryness. The pigmentation is below average; the frosty finish keeps the lips from looking pigmented. When applied with the bullet itself a single swipe gives a slight sheer coverage,it is best to apply these lippies with a lip brush. When applied on dry lips, it makes them drier, accentuates in the fine lines and makes the dry patches & flakes very much visible. Lips need to be well exfoliated and moisturized before the application. I canít put this without applying a lip balm beneath as I have dry lips.I exfoliated my lips, applied a lip balm and then put the Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick in Ultimate Blush using a lip brush around 1:30pm. I layered the lipstick 3 times. After the first coat it is best to apply this particular shade in dabbing motion as it gets hard to blend and spread evenly. It didnít feel dry, heavy or sticky on the lips.After 2 hours my lips did start to feel dry and then I applied lip balm over it. Thereon, after every hour I had to apply lip balm to keep the dryness at bay. I had two proper meals, sips of water, juice and ice-cream and when I checked my lips around 12:15am I saw that there was a beautiful pinkish coral stain on my lips without any frostiness, as if I had applied a matte finish lipstick. When looked closely, the color had accentuated in to the fines lines and slightly on dry patches but with the gloss/ lip balm over it, it was hard to make out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by KisaNZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kind of a mixed feeling about this. I rediscovered my first Maybelline 24hr lippy from years ago in 770 Blossom (discontinued) and found out that I really love the color still, BUT it pills. Was looking for a dupe from the new 2013/2014 line and picked Timeless Rose 90 (not the same color, obvi). Even when I followed the instructions (with cleaned and softened lips) and waited the requisite 2 minutes, then applied the balm, it still pills and bits come off. It has staying power, but after eating and drinking etc, you get a 'ring around the lips' effect. Also found the color a bit too red for me. I have ordered another Maybelline 24 lippy in Blush On 105, a pinker, closer dupe to my original Blossom. We shall see if this does the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Babo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this product a couple of times and like it, but have two complaints.
- The clear top coat container will not stay attached to the colour
- The top coat runs out long before the colour

I don't use the top coat frequently so was quite surprised that it was used up so quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings regarding these. First of all, they are more of a lip stain than they are a lipstick. The lip stain part is good for me I guess since I am very fair and my lips are totally colorless without some sort of lip color applied to them. The formula also had a tendency to pill up on my lips when I used the enclosed clear chap stick like sealer, so I nix that and use my own clear gloss instead, or I top them with a colored Maybelline Baby Lips lip moisturizer as this product tends to be drying. The packaging is crap as the white lid that houses the chap stick stuff comes off in my bag, smearing white goo all over everything in my bag. If you use these, put them in a cosmetic bag in your purse, don't just let them float around in your handbag.

The color selection also leaves a whole lot to be desired. I'm very fair with cool undertones. I was at a loss to pick flattering colors since there are no testers in drugstores. I picked "Lasting Lilac" and "Very Violet" which are both blue under toned and both look nearly identical on my lips. I would have loved to have picked up a dark, blue based pink or magenta color since the color pay off on this product is very sheer.

These are ok...nothing special and sort of pricey for drugstore lip products. I bought them at Ride Aid when they were BOGO half off. I never buy drugstore products unless they are on a sale of some sort.

There are best used a lip stain topped by a moisturizing lip balm or layered with another lipstick on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

This lip color in Keep Up the Flame is one of my can't live without beauty products. The color is a perfect cherry red which is flattering and modern but also good for the retro look I am so fond of. I can wear it for a retro look but not look like I am donning a costume and going to a Mad Men party when I have to look professional in the conservative workplace. It's a very versatile color, red enough to be a classic red but deep enough to mute it down a bit.

The best part, IT REALLY LASTS!!!!

As someone who wears red lipstick every day, it really stinks when regular lipsticks come off on simply everything and you need to reapply all the time. Forget kissing my boyfriend, it's such an ordeal having to touch up my makeup and getting it off of him for just a simple little peck! He hates that and so do I but no more!

When they say 24 Hour, they MEAN 24 Hour! I can drink, eat (even greasy or oily foods like salad dressings), kiss my boyfriend and never have to reapply AL DAY LONG! Sometimes towards the end of the day I will reapply some in the inner part of my mouth where eating and drinking can wear a bit away just to keep it looking perfect but I've even fallen asleep for a nap in my all white bed without it even coming off on my sheets or pillowcase. If that isn't a testament to it's holding power I don't know what is.

I use Cover Girl's makeup remover to take it off at the end of the day but you can also use LancŰme's BiFacil (much more expensive though) or cold cream (which if it gets in your mouth can taste gross) so the Cover Girl on a cotton ball is good for me. It needs to be oil based because it will NOT come off with soap and water.

I like the doe foot applicator for the color. I can get a nice line just like a lip liner without using one and it helps give a great shape to my mouth.

The lip balm is good for moisture but I put it on then blot it a bit since I want my lips to be moist but look matte since I just don't like the look of red shiny lips on me. I usually reapply that only once throughout the day, if ever, too.

The packaging is nice and slim, compact for my makeup bag and I like how the balm and color come in one applicator, unlike Cover Girl's long last colors which don't last as long and have a separate balm and color.

This is a great product, you can find it in any drug store or big box store and the price is right. Perfection!