July 26, 2014 | 1541 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - 24 Hour super stay

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings on this. The first time i used it, i didn't quite rub it in and sweet mother, it was clumpy and cakey and i had to rub my lips raw just to get it off (which i guess also means it works lol) so i wasn't really impressed with that, but the second time i tried it, i made sure to rub it in quickly and properly before it dried and i actually quite like it. It feels sticky and tacky before you put the lip balm on it, but once you do it feels great. I wish it came in less harsh colors though. I bought the color "So pearly pink" because it looked to be one of the lighter colors, and while i dont mind it, its still a little more pigmented than i generally like to wear. I'll use this tube up, but unless they come out with some more colors i probably wont buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted a lip colour that was bright and that stayed on for longer! So I bought maybellines super stay 24 hours bold matte in a hot pink colour! I was really excited to use it, I'd seen the adverts on the tv and it looked really nice! Well needless to say I followed the instructions out the colour on first followed by the clear balm! Well it was wiped of instantely it was horrible it was stuck I'm any remotely dry parts of my lips and it just looked cheap! It's still at the bottom of my makeup bag unused!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by arollorkins

Absolutely horrible! I was at a party thinking that it won't come off, but it did and i saw that in the end of the night, so i've walked around looking like an idiot! The process of getting the rest if wasn't easy either. Also, their colors are horrible and the opacity sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I bought All Day Cherry wanting a red that would stay put for 4th of July festivities, so it got a thorough testing. Applied it at about 2pm, spent the afternoon nibbling snacks, sipping drinks, shopping on a warm day and trying on clothes in a stuffy dressing room, then had dinner. Through this time I did no touching up of the color layer, I just applied the clear balm when my lips felt dry -- in other words treated it as if I were simply wearing balm that day.

It faded slightly as time went by, but evenly rather than in patches or just at the center, and was perfectly presentable until just before 9pm. At that point it had started looking a little patchy and crumbly, and I was able to rub it off with a damp washrag, and applied a fresh coat. That coat held up perfectly through drinking and dancing for a couple hours and the car ride home.

It didn't feel like a plastic layer on my lips and was a lot more comfortable than the longwearing lipsticks I've used as well as holding up much better. It wasn't any more difficult to evenly apply than any other lip gloss or lipstick. It doesn't have a strong smell or taste.

My main disappointment is with the color selection available. I have no idea why Maybelline developed this technology and then decided the best use for it was dozens of conservative, frosty, nude/mauve/brown colors. Where is the classic, cream finish, blue-based red? I tried Keep it Red and Keep The Flame before settling on All Day Cherry; Keep It Red is a plummy berry shade, not red at all, and Keep The Flame is pretty but definitely a deep brick red like MAC Dubonnet. (I also tried Bloom On hoping it would be the bright almost-hot-pink it seemed in the tube, and it turned out to be a super-mature and frosty Barbie pink.) All Day Cherry is a nice enough color but I'm not a fan of the frosty-metallic finish; I think it looks cheap and unflattering, like old school Wet'n'Wild lipsticks. This line needs vibrant modern-looking pinks, lavenders and reds like the Colorsensational Vivids! And a good Russian Red/Red Revival color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I have to say that although I only use the colour part of this, I love it and have it in a few shades. I don't like the Vaseline-type stick, so I use it with a clear gloss over the top. It certainly has staying power and will last through a meal and right to the end of the night! Unfortunately the shades aren't subtle (which is why I only wear it at night), but you can alter them by wearing coloured gloss over the top. In addition, this stuff doesn't dry your lips out like some long lasting products can. All in all, I think this is a really good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Mawerm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got two of these in Boots (UK) in 2013 (numbers 188 and 310 - couldn't read the colour names when I looked today but they are pinks: orangey pink and rose pink) for GBP20 each. They go on as a fluid, with a brush-pad. Let the colour dry, then apply the lip balm (other end of the tube) and you're away. The colours I have are both quite opaque and cover well, whether you stick to the lip-line or overpaint a bit.

If it smells, I haven't noticed - and for me, that's a good thing! I don't want my lippy fighting with my breakfast for top place on my smell-taste area!

It's not cheap, and these colours are not eye-catching. But for a workday colour which will stay good all day, no touching up and no staining on cups, these are the best I've found. It feels a little bit dry at times, but a top up of lip balm (doesn't have to be the one from the lippy itself) fixes that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I had this in the old version (grey tube, not white) and sort of liked it but it peeled/flaked no matter what, after a couple of hours. Still I loved it, it was in a unique rose-gold/pink with very fine mica shimmer. I still use it. They reformulated it or changed the applicator so it applies evenly. Anyway now it's way better and doesn't dry out or flake. Colour timeless toffee is to die for.
-///
How to keep from over-applying: Put it along your bottom lip. Smush your lips. The residue will apply thinlyon the top. Now use the applicator to fill in any gapson the top or do the cupid's bow neatly. Let dry. Apply lip liner round the edges, softening a little bit inwards so it won't look harsh.
Then (important) take a sponge or brush with powder and lightly powder. (cd also dab on a dab of base m/u then the powder). Then apply the topcoat and gloss on top if you want. This way it lasts about 5 hours on me minimum, even with some eating.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the other hand I have one in a pink colour and it's absolutely crap it goes really weird on my lips like clumpy and awful and just looks really cheap and fake

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first color I bought was "Blush on" I applied it and found the color was not great on me so I gave it to my mother who loved it so much she asked me to pick her up a couple more just in case the color became discontinued. So I decided to try another color and picked "So pearly pink" which I love, it's gorgeous pale pink with a little shimmer to it. One coat and it just gives a nice baby pink color, two coats and it seems to add the shimmer and shine. I then purchased "Never ending Pearl, this is very shimmery even with only one coat and more sheer but I do like it. These colors stay put as long as you are patient and let the color completely dry before applying the balm. The color range is great I'm sure I'll be trying more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Autumnbee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

False advertisement. Hate it. Bought what was supposed to be a nice sandy nude color. I open the tube and it's Barbie doll pink. Hate it.