Maybelline 24 Hour super stay

3.6

Lip color: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauroyl Lysine, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Propolysilsesquioxane, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Parfum/Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Tin Oxide, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) Moisturizer: Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 9/3/2015 12:14:00 PM

I am allergic to many lip products, so was really glad to find this. It's the only lip product I've used for the last 5 years, and it lasts almost all day for me.
I would like to find a more matte brown-mauve color, since the one I like, "Constant Cocoa", has some frost/sparkle. I apply it at the beginning of my makeup routine and only use the balm at the end, letting the color dry/set completely. Often, I never even use the balm, since the stickiness stops after about 10 minutes or so for me.

on 8/18/2015 2:56:00 PM

I was surprised to see that many people haven't liked this. I have the shade 'Red Alert' and am extremely impressed! It's a very bright, cool-toned red, and it definitely has staying power, with a wonderfully pigmented formula that just won't budge. I can apply this early in the morning and it'll still be perfectly intact after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Taking it off at night can be a task; it takes a lot of scrubbing which is to be expected, but seeing as it has lasted all day I can't complain. It has a lovely, fruit scent too, as does the cute little moisturising lip balm at the opposite end of the tube. I'm happy to have this product in my slowly growing makeup collection, and can't wait to try more shades!

on 6/5/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in eternal sunset . i put in on and let it set for 2 minutes , then put the gloss on . The color lasts , but it wore off alot after eating and drinking [ a turkey sandwich and water ] and i was left with uneven color . I wore it again yesterday , was drinking a bottle of soda , and the lipstick transfered . Im going to use it up , but wont buy again ,

I've recently rediscovered super stay lipsticks and I love them. Cocoa Kisses is the perfect nude for me. Enough color so it looks like I have something on but not too harsh or bright. running around all day I don't have time to keep re applying and this does the trick. The key things are 1. choosing the right shade. they look very different in the tube than on you, like any lip gloss or lipstick and 2. you need to let it dry completely otherwise you will feel they are goopy. I've purchased several tubes of the cocoa kisses and have them stashed in carious places like my purse, car makeup bag etc.

on 4/9/2015 12:08:00 AM

Not impressed. I picked one of these up after seeing a couple youtubers that I generally trust recommend these highly...I was disappointed. Maybe it is just the color I chose..? But I bought this in Lasting Lilac 085, and it applies gloppy, to say the least. Also very patchy-looking. The center of my lip was a bright purple and the outer edges of my lips look like nothing was applied, very strange! No matter how much layering I did, it had this very odd appearance. Secondly, I am just not a fan of the application. Third, I find this to be expensive for Maybelline and for the drugstore. This was $8.97 at my Walmart, so I am guessing at other drugstores it is probably $12.00 and up. Also not much product for the price. I "get" that they use the 2-step application as the reason for upping the price, but i still just feel these are not worth the price.

The 24 hours claim....? While I know no lip product can come close to that, this one does not even remotely come close to lasting 12 hours for me--This lasts about 2 hours, max, on me. Seriously.....very disappointing. It also appears more of a gloss than anything, even before applying the 'balm' side.

Generally speaking, I would not re-purchase, but I *might* exchange this for another color to see how that fares. But all in all, very disappointed. Would not recommend and I would not re-purchase.

on 3/6/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love, love, love these! Continously Coral is my favourite.

Pros:
- lovely light texture for the colour base coat
- wide range of colours that are great for work
- easy to remove at the end of the day
- minimal flaking
- wind up gloss coat is easy to apply

Cons:
- bit expensive for drugstore brand
- colour can take a while to dry
- need more deep reds in the range.

on 1/13/2015 8:23:00 PM

Longstay lipsticks have come a long way over the years. As evidenced by this lipstick here. It's a very highly pigmented lipstick and when you let it dry properly before you put the balm on it will last through anything but oily food. The formula says 24 hours, longest I've had it stay is 18. Downside. I've let friends use this that had really dry lips. I made them exfoliate the lips and rest their lips a little before putting it on. Their lips got dry and the lipstick did start caking no matter how much balm they used. In my case (non dry lips) I can put balm on twice in the full time wearing it and am good to go. Most important thing to remember... Let It Dry. It'll get sticky as it dries, once you get past the sticky you're ready for the balm. None of the color should come off on the balm. Another thing to know... I have 3 of the same 'color' each one purchased in a different store and each one is a different shade. So, consistency is not happening.

on 12/15/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really conflicted... I bought this in the shade "Keep Up the Flame" and I love the colour. I'm drawn to red lipsticks and this looked nice on my pale skin. But it made my lips feel dry. Even with the balm. I found that it didn't stay on for nowhere near 24 hours as I had to reapply from time to time. Especially on the insides of my lips and especially after eating or drinking. Even so, I found it didn't wipe off on anything. I could touch my lips and no pigment would be wiped off which is always good.
I like how there's a wide variety of shades but at this point, I don't think I'd repurchase unless I found them on sale. I'll finish my tube but I think that's it for me.

on 10/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product in Neverending Pearl, and I hate it. Once it dries, my lips look like they're permanently cracked. The pearl finish makes the "dehydrated look" appear really really obvious. I wouldn't rebuy it.

I loved this product. It works really well. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours before it chips so it doesn't live up to its name but nonetheless still goes on strong and looks great!
It dries out your lips though.

Recommended for Medium Skin