April 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - 24 Hour super stay

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the other hand I have one in a pink colour and it's absolutely crap it goes really weird on my lips like clumpy and awful and just looks really cheap and fake

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first color I bought was "Blush on" I applied it and found the color was not great on me so I gave it to my mother who loved it so much she asked me to pick her up a couple more just in case the color became discontinued. So I decided to try another color and picked "So pearly pink" which I love, it's gorgeous pale pink with a little shimmer to it. One coat and it just gives a nice baby pink color, two coats and it seems to add the shimmer and shine. I then purchased "Never ending Pearl, this is very shimmery even with only one coat and more sheer but I do like it. These colors stay put as long as you are patient and let the color completely dry before applying the balm. The color range is great I'm sure I'll be trying more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Autumnbee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

False advertisement. Hate it. Bought what was supposed to be a nice sandy nude color. I open the tube and it's Barbie doll pink. Hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow amazing lip color. It really stays on if you let it dry for a couple minutes. I had to literally scrub my lips to get it off. I swatched one of the colors on my hand yesterday and its still visible on my hand. And the lip balm is great too. Love it. Bought it for $1.50 at Big Lots!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by katedodgen

I'm a lipstick-lover, but I'm also a big fan of always having a drink with me. I've searched and searched, and by far this is the best I've tried. Personally, I've had no problems with it drying out my lips even in the Winter and when it stays on, it STAYS on. The trick is you must ABSOLUTELY let it dry first. I didn't do that the first couple of times using it and the lip color almost peeled off my lips in gross balls. I've only ever tried Timeless Rose, which is perfect with pale skin, but I want to try darker shades that are usually high maintenance with regular lipsticks. Oh, and while it looks beautiful with the gloss balm, it looks good matte as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are several other reviewers (darling7 and CehraBehra) that nailed it with their review of this product so I'll just hit the high points:

Pros
* Super long wearing. Literally "stays on 'til you take it off", with the exception of oily foods
* Lots of great colors.
* One of few color products that I use up and then repurchase.

Cons
* Can be drying on some people, easily fixed with exfoliating before or balms AFTER application.
* When it does wear off it is uneven so you will look goofy if you don't catch it and reapply.
* Balm end applicator comes off too easily. I don't like the balm anyway so I just throw that end away.
* The print on the label is so tiny that I have to take the nearly empty tube with me so I can repurchase it, no way I could ever read it.

I tend to "eat off" lipstick so long wearing is a must for me. My HG lipstick is L'Oreal Infallible (see my review) but this brand comes in lots of great colors and is nearly as good. I usually don't use drugstore brands but the department store brands don't make a great long-wearing lipstick yet; maybe the ingredients required to make them long-wearing don't meet their standards. But even at several dollars cheaper than Mac (the closest value in my opinion) this is a better lipstick at any price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lasinger711

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear, Oh My, this lipstick doesn't stay. Eats right off.

I've used long-lasting lip pigments before, and I've always found them to last through the day, enduring meals and beverages without a hint of coming off.

Not this stuff. Soon as I ate - Agh!!! frightening lips. And the worst part is that it only partially comes off. The outer edges of my lips still had the dye, the inner center of my lips was bare, and in between was that frightening, peely-looking pigment texture.

The color I used was Perfect, so I am very, very sad about this.

I'll stick to Revlon and L'oreal for my lip pigments. Or better yet, find one that doesn't test on animals. That is SO passe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by darling7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NOTE: some of these colors are being discontinued including Everlasting Ruby which is the most amazing rich red color ever, deep and not at all orangey or garnish like many other reds. Perfect red for a vintage look 20s-50s. On and On Orchid, my daily wear color for almost 4 yrs also seems to be disappearing from store shelves. It is a nice plum-mauve that is a good moderate color for day or night wear.

The key to applying this is to make sure your lips are flake free and completely clean, no lip balm or moisturizer. Apply quickly, ONE LAYER only, let dry 5 MINUTES then put on the balm. Then just reapply the balm throughout the day. I put the color coat on after foundation but before I do my eyes, that way it's completely dry when I go to put the balm on after finishing my eyes. The balm does run out quicker than the color but there is almost as much in the base of the tube so I carry a lipbrush to apply the balm with when it wears down to the tube and get several more weeks' use out of it. I recommend this to all of my bridal clients and they all fall in love with it!

I apply this lipcolor early in the morning and rarely ever have to reapply. The only foods that will remove this product are greasy things like oil based salad dressing, some soup or greasy foods like fried chicken. To remove this product I use Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover or the Target Up and Up equivalent.

I have had very severe eczema on my lips for nearly 10 years and the long lasting quality as well as the lacquer like consistency of the lipcolor serve to help seal the moisture in my poor lips. As a result, I have been using it for almost 4yrs straight. Having to use other "wetter" lipsticks and glosses that are constantly wearing off/needing to be reapplied is absolute torture as the eczema is exacerbated by wet conditions. This lipstick has literally saved my sanity having to deal with my painful condition!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by candiedprozac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I won this in a wheel spinny thing, but it is normally around $8. The colour is really rich and it doesn't feel too drying and it passes both the kissing test and a hot and cold drink test which is awesome. Actually the only negative part about it was the next morning when I have to use a lip scrub to get the remainder of it off. The clear gloss end is super moisturizing and gives it some nice shine. The applicator for the colour is shaped really nicely and once you get used to it, it is really nice for application.

Overall I would say that it's a really solid product and when I run out I will definitely be buying again, especially in this colour.

9/10 will buy again (for the first time?)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

This stuff is like putting house paint on your lips. It took several tries to get it to look even and my lips felt really tight. I used the balm and things felt a bit better. We went to dinner and a movie and I went to the restroom before the movie...looked in the mirror and to my horror I had pieces of the "paint" hanging off my lips!!!! I missed part of the movie trying to get this crap off my lips and then went and slapped my husband for letting me walk around like that in public lol This stuff is and absolute nightmare! My lips were swollen and red for a couple days after ... it's now in a landfill somewhere far far away...ugh!