September 30, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - 24 Hour super stay

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetypaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick in Ultimate Blush has a frosty finish with pinkish peach color. Personally I donít like lipsticks with frosty finish but its lovely pinkish coral color made me go for it. The texture is smooth and the color is buildable though more layering adds more frost leading to dryness. The pigmentation is below average; the frosty finish keeps the lips from looking pigmented. When applied with the bullet itself a single swipe gives a slight sheer coverage,it is best to apply these lippies with a lip brush. When applied on dry lips, it makes them drier, accentuates in the fine lines and makes the dry patches & flakes very much visible. Lips need to be well exfoliated and moisturized before the application. I canít put this without applying a lip balm beneath as I have dry lips.I exfoliated my lips, applied a lip balm and then put the Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick in Ultimate Blush using a lip brush around 1:30pm. I layered the lipstick 3 times. After the first coat it is best to apply this particular shade in dabbing motion as it gets hard to blend and spread evenly. It didnít feel dry, heavy or sticky on the lips.After 2 hours my lips did start to feel dry and then I applied lip balm over it. Thereon, after every hour I had to apply lip balm to keep the dryness at bay. I had two proper meals, sips of water, juice and ice-cream and when I checked my lips around 12:15am I saw that there was a beautiful pinkish coral stain on my lips without any frostiness, as if I had applied a matte finish lipstick. When looked closely, the color had accentuated in to the fines lines and slightly on dry patches but with the gloss/ lip balm over it, it was hard to make out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by KisaNZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kind of a mixed feeling about this. I rediscovered my first Maybelline 24hr lippy from years ago in 770 Blossom (discontinued) and found out that I really love the color still, BUT it pills. Was looking for a dupe from the new 2013/2014 line and picked Timeless Rose 90 (not the same color, obvi). Even when I followed the instructions (with cleaned and softened lips) and waited the requisite 2 minutes, then applied the balm, it still pills and bits come off. It has staying power, but after eating and drinking etc, you get a 'ring around the lips' effect. Also found the color a bit too red for me. I have ordered another Maybelline 24 lippy in Blush On 105, a pinker, closer dupe to my original Blossom. We shall see if this does the same thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Babo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this product a couple of times and like it, but have two complaints.
- The clear top coat container will not stay attached to the colour
- The top coat runs out long before the colour

I don't use the top coat frequently so was quite surprised that it was used up so quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings regarding these. First of all, they are more of a lip stain than they are a lipstick. The lip stain part is good for me I guess since I am very fair and my lips are totally colorless without some sort of lip color applied to them. The formula also had a tendency to pill up on my lips when I used the enclosed clear chap stick like sealer, so I nix that and use my own clear gloss instead, or I top them with a colored Maybelline Baby Lips lip moisturizer as this product tends to be drying. The packaging is crap as the white lid that houses the chap stick stuff comes off in my bag, smearing white goo all over everything in my bag. If you use these, put them in a cosmetic bag in your purse, don't just let them float around in your handbag.

The color selection also leaves a whole lot to be desired. I'm very fair with cool undertones. I was at a loss to pick flattering colors since there are no testers in drugstores. I picked "Lasting Lilac" and "Very Violet" which are both blue under toned and both look nearly identical on my lips. I would have loved to have picked up a dark, blue based pink or magenta color since the color pay off on this product is very sheer.

These are ok...nothing special and sort of pricey for drugstore lip products. I bought them at Ride Aid when they were BOGO half off. I never buy drugstore products unless they are on a sale of some sort.

There are best used a lip stain topped by a moisturizing lip balm or layered with another lipstick on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

This lip color in Keep Up the Flame is one of my can't live without beauty products. The color is a perfect cherry red which is flattering and modern but also good for the retro look I am so fond of. I can wear it for a retro look but not look like I am donning a costume and going to a Mad Men party when I have to look professional in the conservative workplace. It's a very versatile color, red enough to be a classic red but deep enough to mute it down a bit.

The best part, IT REALLY LASTS!!!!

As someone who wears red lipstick every day, it really stinks when regular lipsticks come off on simply everything and you need to reapply all the time. Forget kissing my boyfriend, it's such an ordeal having to touch up my makeup and getting it off of him for just a simple little peck! He hates that and so do I but no more!

When they say 24 Hour, they MEAN 24 Hour! I can drink, eat (even greasy or oily foods like salad dressings), kiss my boyfriend and never have to reapply AL DAY LONG! Sometimes towards the end of the day I will reapply some in the inner part of my mouth where eating and drinking can wear a bit away just to keep it looking perfect but I've even fallen asleep for a nap in my all white bed without it even coming off on my sheets or pillowcase. If that isn't a testament to it's holding power I don't know what is.

I use Cover Girl's makeup remover to take it off at the end of the day but you can also use LancŰme's BiFacil (much more expensive though) or cold cream (which if it gets in your mouth can taste gross) so the Cover Girl on a cotton ball is good for me. It needs to be oil based because it will NOT come off with soap and water.

I like the doe foot applicator for the color. I can get a nice line just like a lip liner without using one and it helps give a great shape to my mouth.

The lip balm is good for moisture but I put it on then blot it a bit since I want my lips to be moist but look matte since I just don't like the look of red shiny lips on me. I usually reapply that only once throughout the day, if ever, too.

The packaging is nice and slim, compact for my makeup bag and I like how the balm and color come in one applicator, unlike Cover Girl's long last colors which don't last as long and have a separate balm and color.

This is a great product, you can find it in any drug store or big box store and the price is right. Perfection!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mizpeach

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product delivers what it promises: Long-lasting color. But the lip balm end of the stick doesn't stay intact -- it easily falls out of the tube, rattleing around in the bottom of my purse, picking up crumbs and lint. L'Oreal's Infallible is of equal quality but with better hardware.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings on this. The first time i used it, i didn't quite rub it in and sweet mother, it was clumpy and cakey and i had to rub my lips raw just to get it off (which i guess also means it works lol) so i wasn't really impressed with that, but the second time i tried it, i made sure to rub it in quickly and properly before it dried and i actually quite like it. It feels sticky and tacky before you put the lip balm on it, but once you do it feels great. I wish it came in less harsh colors though. I bought the color "So pearly pink" because it looked to be one of the lighter colors, and while i dont mind it, its still a little more pigmented than i generally like to wear. I'll use this tube up, but unless they come out with some more colors i probably wont buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted a lip colour that was bright and that stayed on for longer! So I bought maybellines super stay 24 hours bold matte in a hot pink colour! I was really excited to use it, I'd seen the adverts on the tv and it looked really nice! Well needless to say I followed the instructions out the colour on first followed by the clear balm! Well it was wiped of instantely it was horrible it was stuck I'm any remotely dry parts of my lips and it just looked cheap! It's still at the bottom of my makeup bag unused!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by arollorkins

Absolutely horrible! I was at a party thinking that it won't come off, but it did and i saw that in the end of the night, so i've walked around looking like an idiot! The process of getting the rest if wasn't easy either. Also, their colors are horrible and the opacity sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I bought All Day Cherry wanting a red that would stay put for 4th of July festivities, so it got a thorough testing. Applied it at about 2pm, spent the afternoon nibbling snacks, sipping drinks, shopping on a warm day and trying on clothes in a stuffy dressing room, then had dinner. Through this time I did no touching up of the color layer, I just applied the clear balm when my lips felt dry -- in other words treated it as if I were simply wearing balm that day.

It faded slightly as time went by, but evenly rather than in patches or just at the center, and was perfectly presentable until just before 9pm. At that point it had started looking a little patchy and crumbly, and I was able to rub it off with a damp washrag, and applied a fresh coat. That coat held up perfectly through drinking and dancing for a couple hours and the car ride home.

It didn't feel like a plastic layer on my lips and was a lot more comfortable than the longwearing lipsticks I've used as well as holding up much better. It wasn't any more difficult to evenly apply than any other lip gloss or lipstick. It doesn't have a strong smell or taste.

My main disappointment is with the color selection available. I have no idea why Maybelline developed this technology and then decided the best use for it was dozens of conservative, frosty, nude/mauve/brown colors. Where is the classic, cream finish, blue-based red? I tried Keep it Red and Keep The Flame before settling on All Day Cherry; Keep It Red is a plummy berry shade, not red at all, and Keep The Flame is pretty but definitely a deep brick red like MAC Dubonnet. (I also tried Bloom On hoping it would be the bright almost-hot-pink it seemed in the tube, and it turned out to be a super-mature and frosty Barbie pink.) All Day Cherry is a nice enough color but I'm not a fan of the frosty-metallic finish; I think it looks cheap and unflattering, like old school Wet'n'Wild lipsticks. This line needs vibrant modern-looking pinks, lavenders and reds like the Colorsensational Vivids! And a good Russian Red/Red Revival color.