November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Accessories - Minerals Mate

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by angelaamo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the trays with lids, because I use them for liquids and creams.

The lids close very well and I can mix products like foundations for my very fair skin and preserve them for some days. Saves me time.

I never lose the excess product I already mixed. Saves me money.

I use it to mix my concealers, brow products and sometimes powders.

The size is great. Even bigger brushes reach the products without any problem.

Very easy to clean. You can wash the tray or just clean one well at a time with a soft tissue and alcohol.

It's not expensive at all. It's sturdy and well made. I use mine everyday and I've had it for more than two years. It's like new.

If you need or like to mix your liquid or cream cosmetics, get this. I bought it in black because I mix my foundations with correctors and I want to be able to see the colors more accurately. But if you will need to mix dark pigments like eye shadows, brow products, liners, maybe the red and white is a better choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MineralsFan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Minerals Mate! It's just a paint palette but it's shaped perfect for minerals and it comes with a really cute satin sack to put it back into when your done using the palette. You should wash the palette after every use but then again you would probably want to anyway to keep bacteria off your brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Mollybad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll definitely buy again for my girlfriends; you only need one as you don't use this product up.

I got one of these online after seeing a review on YouTube and thought, "What the heck?" It was $8 bucks or so not bad. It's a white plastic palette just like those you see in art-supply stores but the little wells are made for mineral makeup powders and the brushes you use.

It comes wiht a little plastic stick thingy for mixing your powders, and a red drawstring bag for storage (or for other uses. I usually leave my MInerals Mate palette out on the counter because I use it every day).

Anyway, since I've used it I honestly don't know why the big names in mineral makeup don't have these! It's really handy for using with minerals.

Oh, and if you're saying you'll just go get a cheaper one from the art supply store, be careful because I tried that and the wells aren't right for your brushes and some have those little plastic nicks in the bottom of them that you can damage your brushes on. it's where in the manufacturing process, I guess, the machine stops? I have no idea but the Minerals Mate palette doesn't have nicks anywere. It also has a place to use to wash your smaller brushes and where you can put your thumb when holding it. PRetty cool idea.

sorry for the typos but I'm writing with a big fluffy cat in my arms!