Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper; Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer

3.9

on 3/9/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nobody should be buying limeCRIME products at this point. Unless you want your identity stolen along with your credit card info as well as thousands of dollars. IG @stoplimecrime @limecrimeliar says it all. This entire company is a fraud. Doe Deere is finally exposed for who she truly is, a sociopath and a con artist. Say bye bye to limeCRIME Doe.

on 12/2/2014 4:05:00 PM

Best eyeshadow primer I have ever used, the only product that doesn't fall victim to my oily lids! Love, love love!

on 11/16/2014 7:30:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer has to be the best I've ever used!
I applied it at 8am
I had a full smokey eye look with plenty of dark eyeshadow.
It's that good that even if you rub away at your eyeshadow it doesn't budge!
My eye make up stayed put all through till 7pm when I had to take it off using a waterproof make up remover!

If you want your eyeshadow to look as good as it does when you first apply
Then buy this you won't be disappointed at all.
It's pricey I paid 20
And I was praying it would be amazing for that much money
But I wasn't disappointed!
It's just amazing!

on 11/13/2014 4:45:00 AM

First, let me start by saying a HUGE thank you to IrynaHarpy for making me aware of the dangers of using products on my waterline. Never again. I'm so sorry for your pain and suffering. I hope that you have fully recovered without much scarring or residual pain. :(

Secondly, the other reviewers are on point as far as the pros and cons. My pros outweighed the cons enough for me to give it a shot. This primer is budge and fool proof. Regular soap and water is simply insufficient to remove this product at night. I do need to use a more hydrating eye cream with my normal nightly cleaning routine after I use this. That's a small con to me as I take my time removing all of my makeup. (I wash my face twice - once with an oil-based cleanser and second an exfoliant with my Clarisonic, toner, face moisturizer, neck moisturizer, eye moisturizer, lip balm, Vaseline to my eyelashes and brows.) Yes, it's a lot, but being 42 and following this nightly regime for 5 years now, I can easily pass for my early 30's. :)

I do not have oily lids, but more on the dry side. If I pat my first light-colored base layer on first, the stickiness is a non-issue. If you don't think of the drama with the company itself, this primer is a winner!! I'm still craving both Salem & Wicked Velvetines from Lime Crime. Soon, my pretties...

Anyway, IMO, you won't be disappointed if you do end up using this Shadow Helper. Have fun with your lighter eyeshadows again!

on 10/9/2014 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Although I will not be repurchasing this product due to the companies attitude, i will still give a honest review based on only my experience with the product itself. I bought this before knowing anything about the company.

When my local makeup artist store stocked lime crime i was dying to try it because of all the hype so when i was waiting at the counter i swatched the eye primer and a light pink pastel eye shadow from their palette. I came home and tried to remove it by rubbing it off my hand under running tap. It did not budge! So I tried to wash it off with hand soap and the pink pastel only became lighter but was still visible. I was super impressed because the eyeshadow was quite light and pastel.

I bought this as i was super impressed by the test and straight away tested it out on my eyelid. The texture is smooth but dry at the same time. While rubbing it in the texture dries up and becomes non sticky and leaves my lid feeling like plastic silicone as it felt dry and rubbery. The texture seems great for people with oily lids but dont quote me as I dont have particularly oily lids.

Applying eyeshadow with a brush on the primer wasnt particularly smooth either. My lids were grippy and patchy if you use little amount of eyeshadow with a brush. I suggest you use more eyeshadow for a smoother application to avoid the brush rubbing against the primer and apply the eyeshadow with patting motion instead of wiping motion or use fingers.

As packaging goes, i think it needs improvement. The packaging comes with a thin plastic squeezy tube and twisty lid which isnt quite practical as i feel like im turning the lid longer than i like it to. And because the formula is drier and thicker its harder to squeeze out of the tiny little opening and you would need more force and getting use to, to control the amount needed. These are just little imperfection that i dont think really matter much as the product itself is good but when you are rushing or if you need to keep opening it. It may become irritating. I think it would be perfect in a lipgloss wand packaging.

At the end of the day, you need alittle more elbow grease to remove your eye makeup but it is long lasting and waterproof which is everything it claims to do. Just apply a hydrating eye cream after.

Overall, the formula is a bit drying which is great for oily lids and the texture is alittle rubbery so just pat the eyeshadow to cover the primer before blending it or using more eyeshadow or fingers which i dont really mind but can make your eyeshadow feel patchy if you dont apply it well.

It not sticky, does what it claims, makes eyeshadow waterproof, not too hard to remove but feels strange to apply. The only disappointing thing is the packaging but luckily it isnt pricey which usually in australia is hard to find eye primers and if you do its quite expensive.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is probably the best eye primer I have ever used. I have roughly 6 eyeshadow primers and thought I should clear some out and Lime Crime was the one which brought out the best and most colour of any of my eye shadows. I also have slightly oily eyelids and it helps my eye shadow last majority of the day. You only need a very small amount of product to distribute on your lids. Sadly I wouldn't repurchase only because of the company and the attitude of the people who work there.

on 7/12/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Thank you, IrynaHarpy for your review! I have the same tearing problem due to having punctal plugs to prevent severe dry eye and I despaired of ever finding a truly waterproof primer that could keep my shadow from crusting up and washing away within 2 hours. I tried so many other so-called HG primers that just couldn't cut it. I took a chance on Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper and I'm so glad I did. My eyeshadow now lasts 12+ hours and looks as fresh at the end of the day as out did when I first applied it. The formula is thick but creamy and comes out of the tube smoothly. The best way to apply I find is to powder my lids first, then apply a thin layer. As this sets, I do my foundation, bronzer, blush, then powder my lids again before applying eyeshadow. The product has a pale cream/beige sheer appearance which really makes my shadows pop(both matte and shimmer formulas). It does retain a very slight tacky feel so blending is a bit more challenging but not impossible. I simply use several layers of each shade so I can blend the topmost layers while the primer grips the initially applied layer. This really keeps fallout to a minimum (I see none,but I haven't tried it with glitter yet!). At $20 plus $6.95 S&H,I wish it was cheaper but overall the price is on par with other high-end primers. The only negative I have is not with the product but with availability...it is frequently sold out and you have to wait for it to come back in stock. As proof of it's staying power- I squeeze a small amount on the back of my hand before applying and if I have any left there it will stay on my hand all day through frequent hand washing until I use a waterproof makeup remover! I guess I've finally found a HG product after all!

on 7/9/2014 1:05:00 AM

This is a recent new discovery for me and a good one at that. After trying the Lime Crime Velvetines and their incredible staying power I thought LC may be onto something with this eye primer and it certainly does not disappoint - I find it very comparable to UDPP in consistency and lasting power.

I have normal/combo skin but do get slightly oily eyelids as the day goes on. I find this easy to apply and I'm a fan of the primer tube with nozzle as find you get just the amount of product you need this way and its hygienic.

This easily lasts all day and into the night with powder eye shadows, I recently tested this with a gel shimmer eye shadow I have and after a few hours it had a little creasing.

I must have gone a little crazy purchasing eye primers as I have Lorac, Nars, UDPP and TFSI and TF Glitter Glue to compare this with. It easily outshines Lorac - that was a disappointment for me, Nars is good but you don't get much product for the money, I find Lime Crime a little better than TFSI and equal to UDPP and TF Glitter Glue, so could see this being a future repurchase for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- Sticky, thick and smooth dry-touch formula. Dries matte, controls oily lids, keeps matte eyeshadows matte and does not melt in heat
- Light beige tint conceals redness and veins
- Prevents fading, color merging, creasing
- Works with pressed eye shadows, loose eyeshadows, pencil liners, cream liners
- Provides 8 - 10 hours wear on my oily lids (8 loose, 10 pressed)
- Helps prevent pigments staining lids
- GLUTEN-FREE (does not contain Vitamin E, which is a source of Gluten from wheat)

CONS:
- It creases itself slightly after 8 hours but this can be patted smooth with a finger and doesn't happen again
- Highlight crepey lids and fine wrinkles if you use too much, try using a thin layer or a tiny bit of eye cream in areas of concern
- Does NOT work for any of my cream shadows in ANY way
- Hard to squeeze out in cold weather
- Hard to get all the product out (try cutting the tube in half and use the top piece as a lid to the bottom half)
- Controversy
- Expensive (usually US $20 but is US $35 in my country)

on 12/10/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE 1/17/2014: I found that over time this was really drying on my lids. If that's not a problem for you it still holds shadow on really well, but for me it meant moving on. I've been using Nars which I like, and just tried NYX ($3) which seems very similar at a fraction of the cost.

If I had an event where I really needed strong hold I might still use Lime Crime, but for daily use it is just too drying for me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Man does this stuff live up to the hype. I'm a primer junkie and my eye makeup usually starts vanishing within a couple of hours. But I'm at the end of the day now and it looks like I just applied it.

I see some do not like the packaging in a tube, but the stuff is quite thick and probably less prone to dry out now than it was in a pot. Also less likely to get contaminated by your fingers. A big plus for any product that goes near your eyes.

It's not a concealer so if you have dark lids you need to use a color corrector first. I used it on top of Maybelline Age Defying concealer and set with Tarte Smooth Operator powder. They all worked well together to create a very smooth palate, and quite natural looking if you're going for a no-makeup makeup look.

Zero creasing. Good price, in line with other primers (I think I paid $20). All in all it goes in my "must have" column.

Top Rated Lime Crime Products