April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Sunscreen - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil infused Sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Ki18

This sunscreen made me break out really bad! I will use the rest of the bottle on my body, but I will not put this on my face again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really mixed feelings about this product. I love that it's low on the sketchy chemicals and has a high SPF, and while there are cheaper sunscreens out there, I don't think the price of this one is outrageous. However, I found it a little heavy/greasy (though I don't think it broke me out). But maybe I'll give it another shot now that my skin has started to shift to the dry side of combination rather than the oily side.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the trial size of this from Sephora for around $14 usd, based on the positive reviews here. I will be returning it as I found the melon scent overpowering and I didn't like the way it felt a bit greasy on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by terrierhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this sunscreen last year for my preschooler son who has eczema. He's a darker complected little guy, and I noticed right away that this oil doesn't leave a grey cast on his skin like other chem-free stuff we've tried. I never used the stuff because it's an oil and I'm super oily and because I don't like the scent.

However, I grabbed this sunscreen out of the drawer last week and put it on under my makeup because I was in a hurry and it was the closest thing at hand. To my amazement, it didn't make the makeup slide off of me, even though I didn't use a primer. I noticed a little extra oiliness, but nothing more than I've had with other sunscreens meant for the face. No breakouts, either. I'm still not wild about the scent, but it doesn't last long. I've started using this product every day on my neck, and use foundation with SPF on my face. On weekends, though, this is what's going on my face under makeup. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I've bought several of Josie's makeup products but with the exception of argan oil, this is the first time I've tried her skincare. Sephora has a set for $20 that comes with 0.5 z each of this sunscreen and the cleansing oil. I find the oil to be a little too oily for my combo/oily skin, but the sunscreen is fantastic. I've used Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 for a couple of years, but wanted to try something with higher SPF since I'm super super pale and very red. (Yes, I know the increase in protection after 30 is minuscule, but I don't care. Try being as pink-faced as I am and you'll take all the help you can get.) Also, even on my chalky skin Eucerin leaves a white cast. Amazingly, the Josie Maran does not leave any trace of white on my skin because it just absorbs immediately. Because this contains argan oil, I was hesitant to try it in case it was too oily, but it didn't break me out or feel like an oil slick even hours later. I know that $32.00 is a lot of money for 2 ounces, but I'm going to get the full size when I run out. It's so hard to even find a light moisturizer with an SPF that high that it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I'm very picky about sunscreen, as my skin is very sensitive to all sorts of things: silicones, chemical sunscreens, mineral oil, parabens, you name it. I like that this product is hydrating in addition to providing me with sun protection, and the physical block is gentle on my skin. I wouldn't say I'm particularly oily, but I am prone to blemishes, and this is one of the few sun protection products I've tried that hasn't caused me any problems. I'm on my third bottle.
Speaking of bottles, it comes in a pump bottle made of tinted glass, which is a really great way of keeping the product from getting contaminated by water, light and bacteria. Thumbs up for the packaging.
It doesn't leave a white cast, nor does it grease me up. I have no trouble putting makeup on over it (and I don't have to worry about anything in my makeup messing with the sun protection factor, as I would with a chemical sunscreen).
I would highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Serenigem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very high maintenance skin where my cheeks are super dry and super oily t zone. So I would always have to use two different moisturizers. I went to sephora and asked them for a moisturizer with spf and the lady recommended this product. I was skeptical about it might not be moisturizing enough for my cheeks. She told me to buy the travel size one, and try it out. Well I did and finish the whole bottle.... and went back to buy the regular size one. It was hydrating enough for my crazy dry cheeks and didn't make me break out. I'm on my 2nd bottle. I also like it bc of the ingredients. It has zinc oxide which is a physical sunscreen where instead of absorbing the light into your skin, this reflects off the light off of your skin. I tried to use chemical sunscreen on my face before and it would always sting my face where I had to go and wash it off right away. I felt as if my skin was getting burn. So love this product. Def continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because my skins dry and I thought his would take care of 2 needs at once.it felt good going on but this made my skin itch like crazy. Typically my skin is not that sensitive so I'm hoping there is something else in the sunscreen that irritated my skin outside of the Aragn Oil. My rec is to try the small size first before you commit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I love this moisturizer / ss combo. I have normal/ dry skin and this moisturizer really hydrates my skin. It contains argan oil, which I love as I use argan oil at night for added moisturizing. It smells citrusy, and sinks into my skin making it feel super soft. It does have SPF 40 ~ UVA/UVB protection which I want, and for me does not leave a whitish cast to my face.

It comes in a pump bottle, which is great for sanitary reasons. The costs isn't too steep either ( $32) compared to other higher end lines that don't work for me. It is compatible with my primer and foundation :)

I am thrilled to have finally found a HG moisturizer/ sunscreen! Yes, I will repurchase. I originally purchased the trial size to well "try it out", ended up using it all up...so literally the other day I went in and purchased the full size. I don't want to be without this stuff ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by fancypants7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really liked this product and thought it was great basic moisturizer/sunscreen. It didn't leave a white cast and my skin felt very plump. Being a pasty redhead in Texas sunscreen is a must for me all year round......I think this would be a good winter sunscreen though as it was a little too oily for a humid Texas summer. I will repurchase in winter to help me get throguh those dry Retin-A days.