December 18, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Intense #29

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's pearl, has nice shine, lasts long as thename says is professionalk, I own this exact product a peachy-coral nude. Excellent coverage, witha matching lipliner goes perfecto. the money is worth splurging for, I'm suaually a Clinique, MAC, Bare Escntuals (Bare Minerals) Chanel person, but in Sephora I tried this and Stila, and this lasts the longest matchies my skin tone as well great peach for a beahy day out or any daya out, or a night out or even a dinner (supper) out

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Outstanding lipstick formula and color! This is the only lipstick I will use starting now. It supposedly has 50% more pigment then other lipsticks and I believe it! One caveat, the formulas are pearl, satin and matte - stay away from the matte unless you want very dry lips and difficulty applying. The satin, which #29 is, will give you all the pigment in a somewhat creamy formula. It still feels a little matte and it won't give you hydration much. But this lasts a long time on lips and the color, well, if you are like me, NC25 and can't wear pale beige or pink this is your new neutral. I favor strong lips so this is my "nude" pinky brown daytime look. I can't wait to try the others recommended on the Sephora lip finder MUFE site/application.

UPDATE: knocked this down, exchanged for numbers 13 and 35, more berry. This has too much brown in it for me. Seemed harder to apply then the colors I ended up getting, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I used the color finder on the Sephora website to find this color, and they were right: this color is the perfect pink/nude that looks wonderful on my skin tone. The color is rich, applies smoothly, feels great on the lips, and lasts and lasts. It was the first MUFE lipstick I ever bought and after my experience, it definitely wasn't my last: I've has to try other colors too, all of which have worked out well. I don't plan to ever give this one up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC25 or #118 in MUFE HD Foundation. This is a slightly darker version of MLBB, and straddles warm & cool with a subtle brown undertone. I always carry it with me, since it goes with most of my everyday eye/cheek combos. It's creamy enough for me, and will last me through my first two cups of coffee at work. It pairs nicely with MAC's Lipglass Viva Glam VI; I love to put a dab in the center of my lower lip for a poutier look. In actuality, it's darker/more brown than the picture I uploaded.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pinup11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This LS shows up more like a frosty pink on my dark carmel skin. I too, took the undertone test. #29 was the shade muf chose for me, since I was looking for a brown pink shade. Pink can be a tricky shade for black women, so I did my research. I highly suggest kat von d's "lolita" it has the perfect pink-brown and slight gold to make it work. Thumbs down for MUF #29

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MUFE's Rouge Artist Intense is a new lipstick line that promises intense, pigmented color in three finishes: matte, pearly, and satin. Ever a fan of efficient make-up routines (one-swipe lipstick? zomg!), I decided to give this line a whirl.

Lemme preface this by saying that MUFE's online tool (on the Sephora website) that auto-select lipsticks based on your underlying skintone (golden, beige, olive, pink) and hair color (black, platinum/white, golden blonde, brown, red) works pretty well...if you fit within the parameters they provide, that is. For my part, I went with pink undertones and alternated between golden blonde and red hair (since my hair sits somewhere between those) and picked out the common denominator: #29 (described by MUFE as a "satin rosewood").

As far as colors go, #29 is a deep pinked nude. On me, it looks like the deeper, and maybe a hair bluer, sibling of MAC's Modesty. Even when sheered out, #29 is by no means a MLBB or low-key lip, unless you've got medium-to-darker skin. All in all, I'm pleased with the color, and I'm pleased with the fact that what I see in the tube is exactly what I get on my lips in, yes, only one swipe.

As for the formula, I didn't find the lipstick particularly "creamy" like MUFE would have you believe. It applies opaque color in one swipe, but I don't find it particularly comfortable to swipe in the first place, so I usually just dab the color on. I imagine that the cold up here in the NE US is enhancing how dry this lipstick feels on my lips, so I'm looking forward to testing it out during the summer.

I get maybe 4 hours of solid wear (through drinking and talking), and then the color fades pretty evenly. Here's the weird thing, though: normally, MAC lipglasses help my underlying lipcolor stay on. But if I try to pair this lipstick with a MAC lipglass, ALL of the color fades quickly from the middle of my lips, leaving an unsightly ring, as though I'm sporting lipliner and nothing else. Weird, right? Fortunately, this lipstick is so pigmented and long-wearing that you don't really NEED a lipgloss on top -- or a lipliner underneath, for that matter!

Although this lipstick is maybe a little too dry for winter, it's a wonderful choice if you dig the idea of needing only ONE product for your lips. As for #29 itself, if you like pinked browns, then this shade is a no-brainer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No