November 22, 2014 | 940 users online

Fragrances - Fresh - Brown Sugar Roll-On

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my least favorite of the three I bought. The other two being the lemon, and the lychee, both that I love. This one is more of a meh, and for the price, that's just not ok.

People have been saying that this doesn't last long, it does on me, but everyone's body chemistry is different. I also use moisturizer, and perfume sticks to moisturizer longer. I find that the brown sugar fades quickly and you're left with a kind of really sweet vanilla smell. I like vanilla, but this isn't the mmmm vanilla ice cream/cupcake vanilla, it's the weird generic vanilla candle vanilla. I don't mind it, and it's definatly a very subtle perfume, but it just doesn't wow me.

I'm definatly a person who buys perfume because I like it, and don't worry too much what men think about it. But even though the lychee has definatly been the vocalized fan favorite of my ex, and my current boyfriend, this brown sugar one has had surprising effects. This may be TMI but this seems to be the "sexy time perfume". Usually if I'm wearing the lychee, or the lemon I've been told during hugs "Mmmm, you smell really nice!", but the brown sugar seems to get a more... sexual response? I don't really think aphodisiacs are a real thing per say, but I think that associations are strong. I think that the smell of vanilla has been pushed heavily as something "sensual" to many men, so they have this association with it. Anyways, I'm usually caught off guard by it, and it kinda makes me laugh.

As for "brown sugar', maybe in the first few minutes, but it definatly fades quickly. I smells like an overly sweet creme brule at times. That's not terrible, but if it's not what you bought, it can be annoying. I won't be rebuying this, even if it does illiciate such an amusing response by my boyfriend. If he seems to subcontiously like vanilla that much, I'll just go get some vanilla oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A trite but tolerable sweet citrus fragrance with limited longevity. More like an air freshener or cheap body spray than a real perfume, this is linear and very one dimensional. It it's citrusy (lemon) with a touch of florals (faceless "fresh" florals that don't smell like anything in particular) up top and sugary/cloying with vanillic notes in the base. Reminds me of something B&BW would put out, but somehow more bloodless and less good humored.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell of this product. The scent doesn't seem to last tho which is a downfall

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Starts off smelling like sweet brown sugar then turns into a light sweet citrus scent. I do like this, but more as a room freshener than a cologne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing I liked about this fragrance is the packaging. It's hard to mess up a roll on. I love citrus scents but this did not smell of citrus to me at all. This scent on me was an awful artificial fake brown sugar smell - not pleasant or like caramel at all. I admit that food fragrances are not my favorite. I wanted/expected something that smells like Fresh's lemon brown sugar scrub (I still wish for something like that). I have even attempted to make a fragrance like that myself but cannot find a brown sugar fragrance oil that is any good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I have heard this scent described as "fresh and clean" quite often. However, just because a perfume contains citrus top notes, doesn't make it fresh and clean. Given the name of this perfume, I wasn't expecting it be be either of those things. I find it to be warm and sweet, what you would expect brown sugar to be, but it's not your typical, one dimensional foody fragrance. I received a sample of this from Sephora, and actually loved it at first. I was captured by its warm, sugary, lemon meringue pie, peachy sweetness with a subtle, grassy undertone. It actually reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue, but warmer and sweeter. Sadly, after trying it out for a few days, it became increasingly sickly to me. I'm a fan of sweet scents and a fan of citrus scents, but perhaps the two together is just not my thing when it comes to perfume. It's like it's trying to be fresh and clean, but simultaneously gourmand, and I want it to make up its mind. It began to vaguely remind me of that smell that lingers when you're sick - a kind of stale concoction of fruity, artificially flavored cough syrups, chewable, orange Vitamin C tablets, and the mustiness of someone who's been bedridden for a few days (it's not quite as bad as it sounds lol). I would rather have this fragrance in a body scrub, as opposed to wearing it on my body all day. I would probably love Fresh's Brown Sugar Body Polish, but am not about to pay the retail price for it. Overall, I'd say this is one you need to smell for yourself, and make sure to wear it for a few days before committing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Fresh Brown Sugar is touted as being a citrus scent with some caramel in the base. On me, it turned out to be a mostly musk-and-lemon scent, with cypress in the base giving it more staying power. A more youthful take on AG's Hadrien. Brown Sugar is a light, clean, fresh unisex scent, especially well-suited to teens and college age and for sporty occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very gourmand scent from Fresh in the fruity/floral category. Although I usually dislike amber scents because they make me a bit nauseous, I am really enjoying this scent. It opens with a lemon custard and caramel scent, and dries to an ambery caramel. While it smells pretty good on its own, it smells *amazing* paired with a vanilla perfume. I saw someone mention that this smells great layered with vanilla oil, and so I attempted my own layering experiment and paired Brown Sugar with a spritz of Demeter Vanilla Ice Cream. Amazing! It smells like a delicious dulce de leche ice cream pie - *extremely* foody and good enough to eat. I wanted to recreate a lemon-creme type scent so I tried adding Lemon Sugar on top of the Brown Sugar and Vanilla Ice Cream, and while it worked at first it dried down to an odd scent. I wish I had Fresh Sugar on hand to experiment with - I have a feeling that it would bring out the lemon custard scent without the weird dry down.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by b3llav1ta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I opened my purchase from Sephora, a sample of this perfume fell out of the red tissue papers. And I just sprayed it on a whim. To the Sephora girl who didn't even tell me that she put the sample in the bag, a big THANK YOU! I'm quite a perfume snob - I don't normally go with cheap(ish) perfume. It is quite a rare occassion for me to like a perfume. I would normally stick to one perfume for years - then I got bored and try to find a new scent. My previous 'signature scents' in the past have been: Estee Lauder Pleasure (my first perfume ever!), Angel Thierry Mugler, and Chloe (the new version). Fresh Brown Sugar smelled a bit citrusy on me when first sprayed on, but it dries down to the sweet (not cloyingly sweet) sugary scent. These are the notes quoting from their website:
Top Notes: Sicilian lemon, tangerine, açaí
Heart Notes: sugared magnolia, sheer honeysuckle, peach nectar
Base Notes: caramel, warm amber, cypress
I guess the heart and base notes linger and mixed well with my body chemistry and creating this sweet, lush, fresh scent. Me likey.
What surprising was the lasting power. This actually lasts longer than my Chloe! I just wished they came in a cuter bottle - but, eh, not a biggie.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This 10 mL roller-ball of EDP was part of a Sephora Holiday 2010 gift set. The scent has a strong Lemony top note with some molasses and brown sugar notes. I also get a "Snapple Iced Tea" note. Nice, and it has grown on me over time. Dries down and fades out quickly. I like the "regular" sugar and Lemon Sugar (and Lychee Sugar) better.
Good in summer.