July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lilacism

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty lilac colour. It is light, but manages to stay away from babyish. The polish dries very quickly, and lasts well. My inky complaint is with the width of the brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the spirit of Pantones Colour of 2014 { Radiant Orchid}, I purchased this colour.
So far, loving it.
Very unusual & opaque in 2 coats but the more you apply, the better the colour becomes.
Glossy finish & wears well.
Not my absolute favourite colour but it may still need time to become a favourite.
Highly recommended though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by bs786229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this color. It lasts really well!! I have had it on for a week, and I only have a few small chips. It's also a great price for as great as it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Essie's Lilacism was my first Essie out of two. I have OPI and China Glaze, and honestly just preferred Essie. The formula could be seen as streaky but is easily fixed with a base coat. I find Lilacism is my go-to colour. I pick it up at any time of the year, even now in the middle of winter it's on my nails! I just love to look at it and I will DEFINITELY buy another bottle when this one is finished (It almost is!) Takes about two coats and hardly chips at all. Go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BrianaRynae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This color was very nice. Two coats got the job done and the consistency was great. A wonderful lavender with a lot of white in it, subtle and classy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cute color but I only used it one time. It's very summerish so I guess I'll be using it more in some months

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MissChalupa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh Essie. Such an expensive purchase. But adorable simple packaging, and they always have the best and most clever colors. I cannot stand the price and the fact that I have to layer and layer and layer just to get the color fully loaded. I literally need 4 coats for some of them. But due to all of the unique colors that Essie has... I will buy it again of course. haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Shnikki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I borrowed this nail polish from a friend, and I fell in love with it! I didn't really think I'd like purple nail polish, well, any color besides pink. But this pastel purple is so sweet and pretty. I am obviously going to buy some myself! Along with other pastel shades, like A Crewed Interest and Mint Candy Apple. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I consider Essie polishes suitable but not review worthy. But Lilacism is different - it has a story to tell. A pastel lilac with a good base of blue and a touch of grey which makes it very well rounded and not cheap looking. On application I 'm thinking "Easter Basket - acceptable for a pre-school teacher". But the story is that this should not be evaluated for its own sake because it comes alive as an accessory to your clothing - IF you choose the right look. I wore this with a grey cashmere sweater and silver bracelets (large curb chain and ID bracelet). It became the punctuation for the look - very modern and edgy with that "under the rader" modernism. Spectacularly unexpected but so interesting in a way that neon tries to be but never delivers. With black this looks just ok, possibly brown but grey takes it to the heights. Keep the look sleek and minimalist though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Perthro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Pretty, great lavender color, great for Spring
Not as sheer as some other Essie pastels

Cons:
Streaky (this seems to be a common issue for Essie polishes though..)