September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sephora - Sephora by OPI - Flurry Up topcoat

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous, shimmery topcoat. The different sizes of the glitter flakes lead to a this lovely, glimmering effect that looks different on every nail. My favourite way of wearing it is over dark blue polish, where it evokes the effect of constellations, or as an accent on my thumbnail over a pastel base coat.

One lipstick deducted because the polish has a habit of clumping in the bottle over time, and it takes a lot of shaking to distribute the glitter flakes evenly again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is my favourite glittery topcoat. It is perfect for all seasons. It looks magical paired with black or dark blue polish. And seasonal with red. There is variety with the sizes of the glitter, which adds depth. It is virtually chip-proof, and will last for quite a few days without showing signs of wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that you can wear this polish by itself or on top of another color. The differing sizes of the glitter is a nice touch too. It works really well as a top coat, in that I don't notice any chipping for about a week (without reapplying), which is amazing for me. I work in healthcare and constantly wash my hands, and usually by about 2 days, I'll notice major chipping or cracks in the polish unless I reapply a top coat the day before. I also have the indigo-with-the-flow one which is nice too.

The only reason for a 4: On the flip side, it is hard to get off. Using the professional strength remover (I think it's just straight acetone) works better than the enriched ones that are not so hard on your hands/nails. Your nails will be really dry and need a lot of lotion after though, but I just don't have the patience to use a softer remover for tough jobs like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I love the different-sized silver sparkles embedded in this clear polish. Whether I put it over a pale polish or a dark one, it just adds some fun and oomph to my nails. The only complaint I have is that it's sooo difficult to remove! I wear this atop a base coat and two color coats, but the bigger sparkles still end up quasi-embedded onto my nails. Even after all the layers of polish have been removed, I sometimes have to scrape off the stubborn sparkles with my fingers. Nonetheless, Flurry Up provides twinkle and whimsy to some otherwise one-dimensional colors, so it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I have already been putting this over a bunch of colors! I really like this top coat of medium and small round glitter chunks. It gives you nails a little extra something and is actually a great top coat. I didn't have any chipping problems when I wore this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just tried this one in-store, atop my already painted nails (China Glaze in Princess Grace) and it looks celestial. I love it! It's like "moon sparkles" or something. :) I've never seen round discs in glitter nail polish before, so I'm enjoying the novelty of it now. Btw, the photo on Sephora's website (and the same one here) doesn't do this shade justice. It makes it look like it's white nail polish with glitter, when it's actually clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by RedHotPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Awesome glitter polish. I have this in gold too, and I just saw they make it in a copper-y color as well, so eventually I'm gonna have to get my hands on that. The glitter is chunky so it looks great on it's own, with a neutral polish, or a bright color underneath. It's smooth so it doesn't chip off easily, and layers great so you can build up to the level of sparkle you want. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by redeyelinerjunkie

This is a clear glitter topcoat with the standard, medium-sized glitter particles as well as some large hex glitter flakes. The glitter looks frighteningly dense in the bottle, but on the nail it's sparse enough that it doesn't overpower whatever color you're wearing underneath. Wearing it over a dark jelly blue is breathtaking, and looks like the night sky. Wearing it over a chrome silver produces an incredible (and surprisingly elegant) jewelry-like effect. Wearing it over solid white evokes glistening snow.

The great thing about this polish is that the glitter is flat, not granular, so it never feels gritty. This was rather a pleasant surprise; glitter polishes are usually so gritty. Also unlike most glitter polishes, removal is NOT a nightmare!! It's still glitter, so it will require a good salon-quality nail polish remover -- but pure acetone isn't necessary. My only complaints are as follows: it dries to a satin finish, not a glossy one. Also, I wish the consistency were more... consistent. Some days the large glitter particles will float to the top so that the brush only picks up large particles, some days the small glitter particles decide to float to the top and you end up with only small glitter, etc. Frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

With this glossy top coat I get three to four days of wear out of my polish before it starts to chip. Seeing as I use a self-powered wheelchair, I'm thrilled with this. But what makes FLURRY UP different to the many different clear top coats out there is that it contains silver flecks of varying thickness.

It is something that can be used all year round to jazz up any polish you have that you may be a bit bored with. I have also used three coats alone on my nails - the colour isn't any where near opaque, but I love the gleam it gives.

The formula is surprisingly smooth to apply. I must also comment on the design of the bottle and lid: The shape is very easy to grip, meaning there's less smudging and spills. Finally: It is fast drying and reasonably priced.