August 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Nature Luxe Cinnamon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got these on a bogo with cvs ecbs and a manufacturers coupon, so I got 2 for around $3. I have been using cinnamon. It is a coppery reddish brown. It is very moisturizing and does have pigmentation to it. It doesn't last long, so you have to reapply several times during the day. I don't like the packaging. It is on a slant and there's a lot left in the container once you can't apply like a lipstick. I like it but not enough to repurchase.

This is a great dupe for L'oreal HIP COY lipgloss, which was discontinued years ago.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by renemy

I really like the color, a sheer brown-red with subtle gold shimmer. But it dries out my lips and makes them peel. I'm also not crazy about the sickly sweet scent. Packaging is pretty. I actually had to throw this out, I disliked it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Clove and liked it although it was a teensy bit dark, more like a neutral lip. I was thinking I'd put Cinnamon on top of it but I actually like it alone. I use NYX Natural lipliner and it's a very pretty look, not at all glittery. Just a youthful peachy shine.

Because this product is spelled Nature Luxe and not Natureluxe, I worry that many won't be able to find it so won't buy it and it may be discontinued. Wish the mods would correct the spelling so it shows up in the list of other Natureluxe lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i like that it has spf, the texture is a bit waxy and very slightly moisturizing, and it has a awful finish. i don't really like the color selection too much, it would be great if they could come out with new colors that could suit everyone and also had some color pay off! these suck

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by KateC9999

My niece was going to wear only lip gloss to the prom! She never wears lipstick because her lips are too chapped. I had gotten this gloss through a promo and gave it to her to try - it looked gorgeous on her. I love this gloss because it looks like a lipstick but applies and feels like a gloss. It's department store quality at drug store prices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by auras

I have this in Pinot and I wear it very often. The moist feeling, the shimmer, the shade, I love everything about it. I'm gonna try peony next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rmh84

I have this in Pinot, and I love it! The colour stays on, but it light and the product feels good on the lips, colours nicely, and is just a very nice product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by arj1024

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sheer, shiny color that moisturizes without being sticky. Stays on fairly well when eating & drinking. I have 4 (spice, cinnamon, pinot, hibiscus), because its hard to find colors for my skin which has yellow undertones, but turns pink super-easily. All of the colors look good, but I have not found one that looks great. I keep them all in my purse, and the lids have all stayed on- packaged well. I wish there were more products like this on the market (in the drugstore price range)- I much prefer lip balm to super-gloopy gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jlc102482

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in two colors, Peony and Clove. Peony is a red-pink color, and Clove is more of a neutral with a brown-red base to it. Peony has better pigmentation than Clove which is s shame, because Clove is a beautiful color. The hydration is excellent, almost on par with ChapStick, and has a small hint of shine. These are comparable to good ol' LipSlicks Lip Gloss except they come in a smaller tube. The tube is easy to fit in your pocket and it's easy to reapply this with no mirror. The color stays on as well as can be expected for such a sheer, balm-y product. It's great for everyday wear, especially for ladies who like a natural look or who don't wear a lot of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Honeypot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It seems I'm constantly battling chapped lips in the winter and warmer summer months here in the midwest. Everyone knows that lipstick and gloss can look really bad on chapped lips, so I was looking for a tinted lip balm that would moisturize like Chapstick, but offer the bonus of a bit of color. This fits the bill perfectly! It's really moisturizing, gives me more than a hint of color (got Muscat) and, best of all, it's not sticky like lip gloss. Trust me ladies, I looked really comical when I dramatically whipped my hair around, just trying to get it to stick to my lips. Nothin' doin'! LOL...
There are a ton of colors to choose from. Obviously, the lighter shades will offer less pigmentation, but with 16 (yes 16!) colors to choose from, everyone should be able to find a shade that's just right. And, at $6 and some change at Wal-Mart, definitely affordable.
Warning - this is not a long wearing product. I need to re-apply every 2-3 hours to retain the moisturizing effect. However, I don't mind this as I have to do the same with Chapstick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No