July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Liquid - Inglot - AMC Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by guernicatautou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is my go to, it never fails me. If I need to look nice for an event, this is always a safe bet. It is quite liquid-y but it does provide a medium buildable coverage. I always have used this with a damp beauty blender because of the beautiful, natural finish; I have used my brushes, but it doesn't give the same effect. I always set this with my E.L.F Studio HD Powder because they are a dream duo, but you could really use any powder or setting spray to keep this on. If you don't it WILL melt, but if you set it you will be a-ok!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by fierymiss

If you're looking for a long lasting foundation, this is definitely not the one. I liked the medium to full coverage, as it is very buildable, but the staying power is very weak. My skin is not oily at all but this foundation didn't last more than 4-5 hours without starting to get lots of shine, even after using compact powder. It actually "melts" on my face and if I touch it I can see the foundation on my fingers. Ew! I would only recommend it if you search a light foundation to use it when you know you're not going to be out for very long. As I said, it doesn't last very much, and I think it's only suitable to use in autumn or winter. This must be a pain in summer with all the heat!
I won't be buying this again, because its normal price in my area it's 21 euros (although I bought it for 16) and that's quite pricey for what it does. A few euros more and I can buy my beloved Double Wear instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

I love this foundation. I find that it leaves my skin glowing for hours after application and I always get compliments on my complexion. It does not dry out the skin, it is very creamy. I use LW400 and fits my fair skin tone perfectly. It is very easy to apply, glides on the skin well and has very silky feel on the skin. I would recommend wearing a loose powder over it as it can look a bit greasy if you don't, especially during the summer months. As I get older I'm finding that my skin is becoming slightly dryer and pores are really starting to show, some foundations like the MAC Studio Fix can really dry out the skin for me and accentuate my pores even more. This foundation doesn't do that for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I was younger I used to use the inglot cream foundation (in the white tube) and absolutely loved it, so when my skin aged a little and became dryer, I decided to go to Inglot, assuming they would have an equally awesome foundation for dry skin.

So, I bought the AMC cream foundation. I don't really like it, to be blunt.

Although it does give a nice glow which is what I wanted, it is way too greasy! And the staying power is horrible on my skin, even with the primer, I am lucky if it lasts 3 hours.

Another thing I noticed after about a week of use is that its components started separating; there are green blobs/streaks through the product now. Not good.

This was a fairly steeply priced foundation, too!

Since I lack the financial means to go out and buy a new foundation every five minutes, I have been stuck with this one for months now. It isn't a terrible foundation, but weighing up the quality vs the price, I would recommend skipping this foundation.

PROS:
- good packaging (has a pump)
- does give a nice glow
- definitely suited to dry skin (perhaps too much)

CONS:
- quite greasy
- too shiny
- staying power is poor
- fairly expensive ($42 AUS)
- components separate in bottle
- would be horrible if you have oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by barbie11

I feel like this foundation is a real hidden gem! I don't feel like this foundation or Inglot get enough praise or are talked about enough.

I was using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for quite a while, but I found that it was becoming too drying for me and settled into all of my fine lines around my eyes,forehead and mouth whenever I applied it. I also found that the shades are either too yellow or too pink. (I was wearing NC25/30). I prefer my foundations to have more of a yellow/gold tone, but the studio fix was running a bit too yellow! I also found that it would oxidise during the day and I would end up looking a bit orange, especially around my hairline.

Anyhow..onto the Inglot AMC cream. "AMC" stands for "Advanced Makeup Techniques". It has ingredients such as Vitamin E and has a silicone gel base which helps the foundation to glide on easily.

I'll be honest, I've only been using this foundation for a couple of days but I'm in love with it already. It applies quickly and I only need one layer for a good medium coverage and I find you can build it up in areas where you need it. I use this foundation in MW101 (MW= Medium Warm). It's a lovely neutral shade with slide golden, olive undertones. The shade does not change or oxidise throughout the day. It also doesn't settle into any fine lines and has a slighty glowy finish without. Now this foundation does not contain any SPF which some people may not like. I personally prefer my foundation without SPF because of the "white cast" in flash photography. I normally wear a moisturiser with SPF underneath anyway. (My favourite is Mecca Cosmetica "To Save Face 30+) I set this foundation with Inglot's AMC pressed powder in 51.

In Australia this costs $42 which I think is pretty reasonable.
I'm also looking forward to trying more of Inglots products. The girl at the store I went to gave me a sample of the AMC cream concealer.

I will update shortly once I've been wearing this foundation for a bit longer!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Walters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good medium coverage. Made my complexion bright. Would definitely recommend and buy again. Colour I am using is DW 100.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by wandella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous foundation. Lasts much more than average, great coverage and it's not oilly. Besides that, it's easy to find a color sutiable to your skin tone. I sure reccomend to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ketus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation was only OK for me.
THE BAD: It wasn't hydrating enough and made me break out a little bit. I have quite dry skin in winter and even with moisturizer beneath this foundation looked quite dull on me.
THE GOOD: I was impressed with the availability of shades - they have a wide range of yellow toned foundations! I usually have difficulties to find affordable yellow toned foundations for fair skin and LW200 matched me very well!
The package is very good - a glass bottle with the pump which unscrews (hope it's the right word - English isn't my native language:))! I just couldn't throw it away and my "Revlon ColorStay" foundation has been poured into this Inglot bottle :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Inglot's Cream foundation so I thought I'd try this one. It was a complete disaster. My face went bright red and felt like it was on fine. I took it back to Inglot and was told by the sales assistant that this foundation has had quite a few people come back due to reactions to the silicone in it. Definitely one to stay away from for those sensitive to silicones.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This may be my HG of foundations! I literally have every foundation known (NARS Syracuse, MUFE HD153, MAC NC42-44, MAC Matchmaster 6, Bobbi Brown Oil Free Warm Honey, Smashbox, etc). My main issue is primarily color matching, then because my skin is so oily and acne prone, I need it to have long lasting and shine control components. I also am showing signs of aging so I don't want a completely matte finish, I want a soft youthful glow without oxidation. I also want pictures including flash pics come out natural and not white on my olive/tan face!
So my eternal quest for the perfect foundation has come to an end!!! This foundation has great coverage without looking caked on, a nice glowing effect without being shiny, good color matching, has not made me break out, good packaging, and an extremely good price to boot!
Update: I still like it but it literally started to separate in the bottle?!?! There were green streaks throughout no matter how much I shook it! I began to hate the smell too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No