October 22, 2014 | 1428 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I bought mine in 260 Heavenly at Target for $7.49 before tax. It a nice light pink. It great for spring but I love spring color all year round, I don't follow the season color just what I like best for daily wear. It very moist. It have lots of colors range for everyone. Smell nice not thing overpower. It last decent time. I will buy more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the truth about cover girl lipstick, its average. It does not dry out the lips which is nice, and goes on very smoothly. But when it comes to lasting long this is not the lipstick I would recommend. I usually have to reapply within a few hours of putting it on! And the worst part is, it fades in different places of my lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by HR20

This is my favorite drugstore lipstick because of the pigmentation. The colors are very bright and pigmented and stay on forever. One time I fell asleep with the lipstick on and when I woke up in the morning my lips were still stained that color. I wouldn't say this is the best lipstick ever, but you are not going to find a better lipstick for under $10 (if you use the Loreal coupons that come with the Sunday newspaper, you can buy these for $5 each). I was very surprised to hear some negative reviews so I'll try to address them:

1. THE COLORS ARE TOO FROSTED/SHIMMERY. That is true, some of the colors are shimmery. I hate frosted lipsticks myself, but all you have to do is check the bottom of the lipstick tube to see if the shade is matte or shimmery. The bottom of the tubes show the shade, and the shimmery shades have some sparkle in the color. As long as you stay away from these it will be fine.
2. THE COLOR STAINS MY LIPS. The color stains my lips for about 8-10 hours, which is why the color lasts so long. But if you want the lipstick completely off, it will come off with makeup wipes.
3. THE TASTE IS WAXY. Again, thats true. There is a waxy taste to the lipstick, but the only way you will taste it is if you lick you lips! The taste does not seep down to your mouth by itself. I don't find the taste really unpleasant. I actually like how there's a waxy taste to it because it discourages me from licking my lips (when lipsticks taste good, I end up licking/biting my lips often and eventually licking the color off).
4. IT'S GRAINY. I don't find it to be grainy at all. The lipstick comes on my lips smoothly and creamy. However, if I constantly lick my lips, I find that the color starts coming off unevenly. But if I let the color fade naturally instead of licking it off, then the color will come off evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by toomanyelevens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A makeup artist gave me a makeover at fashion week and used this. It lasted ridiculously long - through the event and dinner and drinks with friends afterwards.

I currently only have "tempt", but plan on picking it up in other shades. The colour is very vibrant and fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by tangenttoyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this since I had a coupon (mail insert) & Ulta coupon & it was BOGO 50% off. I looked at what people bought for Tan skin and decided on Sultry (beautiful nude color for my lips) and Temptress (more pink). I always use a lip balm under any of my lip products, and I enjoy the colors on my lips, but its not moisturizing. The color lasts long if you line your lips, but otherwise maybe a few hours. There's no scent. I probably would not purchase this when I run out/if its gets too old to use. There's so many other lip products to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this lipstick in Sultry, which is a pinkish-brown nude. I bought this on a limb at my local Pathmark because it was on sale in the clearance aisle. I've heard great things about this, and had been looking to buy that particular shade because of an Elle Magazine feature on nude lips on the runway proclaiming it to be a universally flattering hue, and a dupe of a Dior Rouge lipstick shade.

It's amazing. It's the perfect nude for my skin tone, which is almost too good to be true, but it is. I know a lot reviewers say it feels too waxy or heavy, but for me it feels very light. However, if you're looking for a matte lipstick, this isn't for you. Personally, I like the smell. It's kind of chocolatey. Not sure if it really improves the look of lips yet, but for now it feels like I'm wearing lip balm. I'll update as needed.

Oh, and I want to go and get the other colors now lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a bright fuschia color for summer that wasn't sooo neon.. I really wanted macs girl about town, but being my frugal self and already having bought 10 + lipsticks in a month. ( sales, wet n wild, cheapies "but goodies) I wanted something around 5 bucks I could love that would curb my craving for Mac. Spellbound was my match. Wow what a beautiful color! Nice bright pop without looking too teenager like, or cheap. Nice fuschia/ pink. I was worried it might pull more red, but it's perfect, it really is. It goes well with my warm tan,yellow/ pink undertones. I love the packaging sleek gunmetal esk square tube with a window on the bottom showing a close colt match. Stands perfectly on its own in my acrylic makeup organizer. The smell is vanilla like noticable but not too strong. I also have sultry that I am returning. That one I can taste perfume with and it lingers in my mouth for a while , and although nice color not what I was looking for a little to dark of a nude than I like. With spellbound I have not noticed a taste. The only negative I can say about spellbound is about the 4 hour wear mark my lips start to feel " grainy" no other way to explain it. I always exfoliate well before applying. I tried topping it off with a lip balm but that didn't do too much. It may have been a user error, but I'm leaning towards it dried out my lips a tad. No a biggie for me bc the color is sooo beautiful. And it lasts forever. I didn't have to reaply the whole day and it still looked great. It is kinda difficult to remove but scrubbing with my makeup whipes I can remove most if not all of it. I love lip pies that aren't too high maintenance and I don't have to worry about them sliding all over my face. def my fav. Color at the moment. Heck I'm pretty sure I will wear this color all year round not just summer. I didn't notice a taste with this one, the smell doesn't bother me, feels light on my lips, color is great, formula could be a bit better, but this is a great one for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like these lipsticks, I have two and never use them. They are way too waxy and slippery :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Sparkly2013

I was excited to purchase this after seeing all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, if you are used to high end lipstick, this will not come close to living up to the others.

This lipstick is very waxy and heavy feeling
It is not smooth on the lips and separates looking grainy
The taste is horrendous. Very chemical like

I will definitely be returning this later today. So sad it didn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade "Delicious". It's a very wearable light pinky mauve with slight lilac undertones. Very pretty color, and a nice smooth formula. My first CG lipstick and really liking it so far, I'll definitely buy more colors.