Cover Girl Lip Perfection

4.1

Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Isopropyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Paraffin, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Lactate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Silk Powder, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Propylparaben, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Mica, May Contain ( /-): Orange 5, Iron Oxides, Lauroyl Lysine, Titanium Dioxide, Red 27, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985), Carmine

on 2/28/2015 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is the price. The color is really pigmented and very bright (I have 327 bombshell explosion) The packaging is quite nice, and the lipstick goes on smoothly and evenly.

on 2/16/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty solid, average lipstick. The formula is smooth, creamy, unbelievably buttery, and pigmented. These are all wonderful qualities that make it feel really nice on the lips and show up really nicely. I wouldn't say they're hydrating or drying when you first put them on. The lasting power is average (5-ish hours) and then leaves a subtle stain on the lips. Now the problems I have with it are things I have major problems with. It has a tendency to emphasize every flake and line on your lip, which is not flattering. Also, over time this becomes so drying on the lips it's uncomfortable. I think the good qualities and bad qualities balance themselves, making it just average. I am on the fence, but I think I recommend it, although I would never repurchase. There are way better drugstore lipsticks that have all the good qualities but none of the bad ones (Maybelline Vivids, Revlon).

on 1/17/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adooooore this lipstick.

I have this in Sweet, which is a mix of deep peach and orangish shade. When I apply it, I get a rough texture like feeling and it doesn't go on smooth on my lips like other lipsticks do. The colour doesn't show on my lips in one go, and I have to re-apply a couple times back and forth until I get the desired colour. Itís not moisturizing at all, I feel my lips dry out to the max when I use this product. Not the best product that I have used, and wouldn't recommend it.

on 1/10/2015 11:22:00 PM

I found a few shades of these lipsticks on clearance at target for $1.78 and 50% off at CVS so I had to try them. I got three: spellbound (a deep hot pink), darling (a nice soft medium pink), and siren (a dark muted pink). They're usually like $9 a piece, which I would bot pay for these. They're great lipsticks, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on a tube of lipstick. I do really enjoy them though, they are super easy to apply and go on like butter, they don't make my lips feel dry. the color transfer is minimal, and they last for HOURS without much fading or bleeding. I am so happy to have found these for such a good price, and if o found them on sale again I would definitely repurchase. I'm honestly surprised that I like then so much because I have literally not liked anything else I've used from covergirl enough to finish the product til it was gone or repurchase.

on 1/8/2015 10:11:00 PM

CANADIAN BEAUTIES i got four of these on clearance at target for $2.57! and thank god i did because they're only alright but i wouldn't pay full price.

they have a strooong strange smell, almost like a chemical scent. when i'm eating, the smell and taste is extremely noticable and gross tbh. compared to my maybelline color sensationals (which i absolutely adore!!), they're very waxy and don't glide on as smoothly. when you roll up the lipstick, you can see little grains.

the colours are beautiful but they only last a couple of hours. i have them in the shades: decadent, temptress, yummy and creme.

on 12/16/2014 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Had a weird sent , and it made me a bit sick . exchanged it 5 minutes after i bought it for gummi bears and water

on 12/8/2014 3:15:00 PM

Did Cover Girl discontinue this line? Just when biddies were getting back on the brown lipstick train? That sucks because my absolute favorite brown lipstick is this in Bewitch. It makes me want to cry I love it so much. Believe me, I get that the 90s rusty brown lipstick thing is very hated by makeup connoisseurs, even though Kylie J is bringing it back.

But I've always loved it and this lipstick is my homegirl. It's brown with a teeny hint of red, like a brown/ brick red color. I never sweep it on because then it just looks brown, but I always dab it on and it looks matte and pretty. Do it.

on 10/1/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the truth about cover girl lipstick, its average. It does not dry out the lips which is nice, and goes on very smoothly. But when it comes to lasting long this is not the lipstick I would recommend. I usually have to reapply within a few hours of putting it on! And the worst part is, it fades in different places of my lips!

on 9/7/2014 6:06:00 PM

This is my favorite drugstore lipstick because of the pigmentation. The colors are very bright and pigmented and stay on forever. One time I fell asleep with the lipstick on and when I woke up in the morning my lips were still stained that color. I wouldn't say this is the best lipstick ever, but you are not going to find a better lipstick for under $10 (if you use the Loreal coupons that come with the Sunday newspaper, you can buy these for $5 each). I was very surprised to hear some negative reviews so I'll try to address them:

1. THE COLORS ARE TOO FROSTED/SHIMMERY. That is true, some of the colors are shimmery. I hate frosted lipsticks myself, but all you have to do is check the bottom of the lipstick tube to see if the shade is matte or shimmery. The bottom of the tubes show the shade, and the shimmery shades have some sparkle in the color. As long as you stay away from these it will be fine.
2. THE COLOR STAINS MY LIPS. The color stains my lips for about 8-10 hours, which is why the color lasts so long. But if you want the lipstick completely off, it will come off with makeup wipes.
3. THE TASTE IS WAXY. Again, thats true. There is a waxy taste to the lipstick, but the only way you will taste it is if you lick you lips! The taste does not seep down to your mouth by itself. I don't find the taste really unpleasant. I actually like how there's a waxy taste to it because it discourages me from licking my lips (when lipsticks taste good, I end up licking/biting my lips often and eventually licking the color off).
4. IT'S GRAINY. I don't find it to be grainy at all. The lipstick comes on my lips smoothly and creamy. However, if I constantly lick my lips, I find that the color starts coming off unevenly. But if I let the color fade naturally instead of licking it off, then the color will come off evenly.

Popular Lipsticks