April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about these lipsticks. When I first tried one (darling), I was so in love with it that I went out and purchased four other colours over the next couple of weeks. But since then I have been less sure about them. They are a bit too frosted for my liking. If I blend them with matte lipsticks, like MAC ones, they create the most gorgeous creamy shades that are midway between matte and satin. It looks very pretty like this, especially with a little gloss over it. BUT I am not keen on wearing them on their own: they are great mixing shades for me.

I do adore the packaging with these lipsticks. It makes it easy to immediately know what colour you are needing in your makeup bag.

So to review:
1) Bit too frosted for my liking
2) Perfect for blending with other lipsticks to make the perfect colour: they are blendable and creamy
3) Lasts for ages -- especially the darker tones. I usually only have to reapply after eating, which is totally normal
4) Love the packaging -- easy to identify colours and looks lovely
5) Great price -- I think that they are great value

If you like frosted colours, this is perfect for you. If not, then choose something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am involve with these lipsticks! They are amazing!! I own a few shades (Rich, Soulmate & Darling) which I love all very much. So firstly, a really incredible thing about these lipsticks, are that they are very long lasting. You can eat and drink without it coming off your lips. On average the colour lasts about 4-5 hours (after eating) and up to 6-7 hours (if not eating). So we have established that they are long lasting, but have we discussed if they are comfortable to wear on the lips? Not yet, but don't worry, because i only have positive things to say! Basically these lipsticks are more on the creamy side of textures, and my do they feel comfortable! I don't experience any flaking or uncomfortable dry feeling on lips. So they are great. These lipsticks do have a light scent but it isn't offensive, it's more like a light vanillary scent :) The packaging is pretty adorable and the price is very cheap.

Overall: These lipsticks are amazing! They last a very long time, feel comfortable on the lips, come in a lovely colour range, and are very affordable. I would highly recommend to everyone :) x

If you want to read a bit about the shades that I purchased, scroll down!

v v v

Rich: A beautiful reddish, light plum/brown colour. It is very unique and not too overpowering on the lips. Great for fair skin.

Soulmate: A lovely medium pink with a light shimmer. Also great for fair skin.

Darling: A very nice baby pink. It isn't too light nor is it too bright. It looks natural and it really brings out any eye colour. Great for any skin type.

Thank you! Hope I helped :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by muddblood21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am usually not a huge fan of CoverGirl products, but this one surprised me. I actually have it in 3 different colors now. It is very affordable and stays on pretty good. I have MaryKay lipsticks that cost more than twice as much and are about the same quality as these. I also love that CoverGirl is a brand you can get anywhere and you can always find a coupon for it!!! The color sample on the bottom is pretty much spot on for what color the stick is (unlike some brands that have the color sticker on the bottom instead) I have "Tempt", "Precious", and "Fervor" and I plan on exploring even more colors next time I have a good coupon! The only reason I knocked them a lippie is I am not a huge fan of buying makeup that is not totally sealed when you buy it. You can usually tell when one has been opened, but it still makes me nervous. Shrink wrap the whole thing or something LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very impressed with these lipsticks and I plan on getting more (I own spellbound, fairytale and eternal)! These lipsticks last FOREVER because of the stain they leave behind, which is good most of the time. I put on spellbound yesterday at 3pm and I still had the stain on my lips today :0
I also dont notice a taste or a strong smell with these lipsticks. If these lipsticks irritate you as far as the smell/taste then I wouldnt even come near Maybelline's Color Sensational lipsticks because they are 10 times worse!

So yea I'm a fan of Covergirl's lip perfection lipsticks :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Product has a beautiful color but becomes very cakey, very fast. Does not last more than 10 minutes. Would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

It's perfect for what you want in a lipstick.
PROS:
It lasts so long without drying
The color is rich and super pigmented
It's cheaaaap!
The color is very true to what is advertised.

No Cons!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ravynkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros :
I was able to buy this for only a few bucks at WalMart because I had a coupon from Sunday's paper.
Good variety of colors to choose from. I purchased BURN (a nice warm red) and SMOLDER (a neutral/natural brown).
Keeps it's color for hours without harsh drying.
Cons:
Contains parabens which I'm eliminating from my daily health and beauty regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this goes on (I'm really picky about the consistency of lipsticks). It stays on well, and it doesn't look bad on the dry parts on my lips (a problem I have with a lot of lip products). It does smell kinda weird when you're putting it on, but the smell only lasts for like 4 seconds and then the lipstick sets and you can't smell it anymore, so I don't really mind. To me it's not drying at all. Maybe not moisturizing, but not drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by veronigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lipstick in two colors - Bewitched (210) and Rapture (280).

I kind of like the packaging of this product - I've noticed that most lipsticks nowadays are made in rectangular prisms instead of the cylinders they used to be. It's pretty convnient because now my lipstick won't roll away on me. I give it a 4/5 on packaging because the shades on the bottom are pretty true to color. The one problem I have is the inability to distinguish between the shimmer and the matte shades - I hate, hate, hate the glitter shades so much.

Rapture - a sort of peachy, coral shade attracted me at first. I purchased it but was disappointed because the glitter in it was a mess. Also, the color settled into the lines of my lips. I think it might've been the fact that I chose the wrong color, because it washed out my face. The quality of the lipstick just wasn't great.

Bewitch - However, I was at the store one day, and decieded to give these another chance. People seemed to love them. I was looking for a darker shade this time around, so I picked up Bewitch. I was pretty impressed by this one, because ti did have the moisturizing qualities that people were raving about, and the pigmenation of it didn't settle into the wrinkles of my lips like the last one had done.

I will be buying this again, but only the matte shades. I just wish there was a way for the packaging to show the difference between the two so I wouldn't have to open every one and swipe it on the back of my hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First, formula. There are shimmery and matte colors. If you look closely at the colored lids some look shimmery and others matte so that's how to tell the difference when you are picking a color. I only chose matte colors so I can't say what the shimmery ones are like. So, as for the matte colors, they are most like MAC creamsheen lipsticks maybe less soft so they handle being in a purse/traveling better. They are creamy, very pigmented, and opaque. They are very comfortable to wear and somewhat moisturizing; I don't need chapstick or anything under them. They do travel a little on the lip so you could use a lipliner to make that a little better. I don't buy the crazy "these will make your lips better in 7 days" claim, but I do like them. They are currently my favorite drug store lipstick formula.
The shades I tried (note I am NC15, Revlon colorstay Buff):
Sultry-a mauvey brownish nude color. very similar/color family to Revlon Mauve it Over (more orange and brown), Maybelline Warm Me up (almost identical, slightly more mauve), MAC Kind Of Sexy (more orange). Returned this because I have too many dupes but almost kept it because I liked the formula so much.
Delish-orangey nude. very similar to MAC shy girl (more pink), MAC To the Future! (slightly more pink). I had more dupes but can't recall them right now. Also returned this because I had too many dupes.
Darling-medium bright pink, neutral to cool toned. I don't have anything like this. Returned because I was looking for a much more muted/nude pink. I really don't like hot pink.
Heavenly-almost identical to Darling but slightly more warm toned. Also returned for the same reason as Darling.
Smitten-medium to dark plummy pink color. I really loved this color. Oddly, my closest dupe was my Urban Decay lip liner in Wicked. While I dislike hot pink, the plummy tones really work well for me and make this pink more wearable but colorful for me.
Smolder-medium orangey reddish brown. A very wearable warm toned day color. Darker than I normally wear (MAC shy girl is my go to day color) but still not too dark for my NC15 self. I would wear this as an alternative to a red lip, it's less stark and works more with my coloring. I have nothing like this at all so I kept it.
Overall, worth trying this line. Just get it from walgreens, cvs, or rite aide so you can find the right color and return what doesn't work as you can't open the lipstick to see the color or swatch it and the ends of the tubes are not always reliable. I do wish the line had some more light/muted colors especially in the pink color family but has excellent selection of medium to dark shades.