August 29, 2014 | 1889 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by toomanyelevens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A makeup artist gave me a makeover at fashion week and used this. It lasted ridiculously long - through the event and dinner and drinks with friends afterwards.

I currently only have "tempt", but plan on picking it up in other shades. The colour is very vibrant and fun.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by tangenttoyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this since I had a coupon (mail insert) & Ulta coupon & it was BOGO 50% off. I looked at what people bought for Tan skin and decided on Sultry (beautiful nude color for my lips) and Temptress (more pink). I always use a lip balm under any of my lip products, and I enjoy the colors on my lips, but its not moisturizing. The color lasts long if you line your lips, but otherwise maybe a few hours. There's no scent. I probably would not purchase this when I run out/if its gets too old to use. There's so many other lip products to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this lipstick in Sultry, which is a pinkish-brown nude. I bought this on a limb at my local Pathmark because it was on sale in the clearance aisle. I've heard great things about this, and had been looking to buy that particular shade because of an Elle Magazine feature on nude lips on the runway proclaiming it to be a universally flattering hue, and a dupe of a Dior Rouge lipstick shade.

It's amazing. It's the perfect nude for my skin tone, which is almost too good to be true, but it is. I know a lot reviewers say it feels too waxy or heavy, but for me it feels very light. However, if you're looking for a matte lipstick, this isn't for you. Personally, I like the smell. It's kind of chocolatey. Not sure if it really improves the look of lips yet, but for now it feels like I'm wearing lip balm. I'll update as needed.

Oh, and I want to go and get the other colors now lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a bright fuschia color for summer that wasn't sooo neon.. I really wanted macs girl about town, but being my frugal self and already having bought 10 + lipsticks in a month. ( sales, wet n wild, cheapies "but goodies) I wanted something around 5 bucks I could love that would curb my craving for Mac. Spellbound was my match. Wow what a beautiful color! Nice bright pop without looking too teenager like, or cheap. Nice fuschia/ pink. I was worried it might pull more red, but it's perfect, it really is. It goes well with my warm tan,yellow/ pink undertones. I love the packaging sleek gunmetal esk square tube with a window on the bottom showing a close colt match. Stands perfectly on its own in my acrylic makeup organizer. The smell is vanilla like noticable but not too strong. I also have sultry that I am returning. That one I can taste perfume with and it lingers in my mouth for a while , and although nice color not what I was looking for a little to dark of a nude than I like. With spellbound I have not noticed a taste. The only negative I can say about spellbound is about the 4 hour wear mark my lips start to feel " grainy" no other way to explain it. I always exfoliate well before applying. I tried topping it off with a lip balm but that didn't do too much. It may have been a user error, but I'm leaning towards it dried out my lips a tad. No a biggie for me bc the color is sooo beautiful. And it lasts forever. I didn't have to reaply the whole day and it still looked great. It is kinda difficult to remove but scrubbing with my makeup whipes I can remove most if not all of it. I love lip pies that aren't too high maintenance and I don't have to worry about them sliding all over my face. def my fav. Color at the moment. Heck I'm pretty sure I will wear this color all year round not just summer. I didn't notice a taste with this one, the smell doesn't bother me, feels light on my lips, color is great, formula could be a bit better, but this is a great one for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like these lipsticks, I have two and never use them. They are way too waxy and slippery :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Sparkly2013

I was excited to purchase this after seeing all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, if you are used to high end lipstick, this will not come close to living up to the others.

This lipstick is very waxy and heavy feeling
It is not smooth on the lips and separates looking grainy
The taste is horrendous. Very chemical like

I will definitely be returning this later today. So sad it didn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade "Delicious". It's a very wearable light pinky mauve with slight lilac undertones. Very pretty color, and a nice smooth formula. My first CG lipstick and really liking it so far, I'll definitely buy more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about these lipsticks. When I first tried one (darling), I was so in love with it that I went out and purchased four other colours over the next couple of weeks. But since then I have been less sure about them. They are a bit too frosted for my liking. If I blend them with matte lipsticks, like MAC ones, they create the most gorgeous creamy shades that are midway between matte and satin. It looks very pretty like this, especially with a little gloss over it. BUT I am not keen on wearing them on their own: they are great mixing shades for me.

I do adore the packaging with these lipsticks. It makes it easy to immediately know what colour you are needing in your makeup bag.

So to review:
1) Bit too frosted for my liking
2) Perfect for blending with other lipsticks to make the perfect colour: they are blendable and creamy
3) Lasts for ages -- especially the darker tones. I usually only have to reapply after eating, which is totally normal
4) Love the packaging -- easy to identify colours and looks lovely
5) Great price -- I think that they are great value

If you like frosted colours, this is perfect for you. If not, then choose something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by muddblood21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am usually not a huge fan of CoverGirl products, but this one surprised me. I actually have it in 3 different colors now. It is very affordable and stays on pretty good. I have MaryKay lipsticks that cost more than twice as much and are about the same quality as these. I also love that CoverGirl is a brand you can get anywhere and you can always find a coupon for it!!! The color sample on the bottom is pretty much spot on for what color the stick is (unlike some brands that have the color sticker on the bottom instead) I have "Tempt", "Precious", and "Fervor" and I plan on exploring even more colors next time I have a good coupon! The only reason I knocked them a lippie is I am not a huge fan of buying makeup that is not totally sealed when you buy it. You can usually tell when one has been opened, but it still makes me nervous. Shrink wrap the whole thing or something LOL

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very impressed with these lipsticks and I plan on getting more (I own spellbound, fairytale and eternal)! These lipsticks last FOREVER because of the stain they leave behind, which is good most of the time. I put on spellbound yesterday at 3pm and I still had the stain on my lips today :0
I also dont notice a taste or a strong smell with these lipsticks. If these lipsticks irritate you as far as the smell/taste then I wouldnt even come near Maybelline's Color Sensational lipsticks because they are 10 times worse!

So yea I'm a fan of Covergirl's lip perfection lipsticks :)