February 28, 2015 | 1928 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Shroom

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2015 9:15:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Everybody's got Shroom or at least has tried it. It is a very versatile neutral shadow and easy to use. It's the perfect brow bone highlighter for me (although I use Gesso when I need WHITE). A must try for everyone and a must buy for most.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 3:47:00 AM More reviews by McKaelaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shroom is my HG brow bone highlight, and has recently become my "more awake" wash of color on my lids now that i'm getting tanner. It's a really pretty shade and blends really well, i have repurchased many times and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 1:24:00 AM More reviews by cllien

This is a must-have for me. I bought it previously and returned it prematurely (it seemed to lack pigment). I reconsidered and bought it again a few months later, and I'm so glad I did. Light, but not too stark. Neutral beige, not leaning too pink or yellow. Nice sheen, but not too frosty. Great as a perfect, somewhat subtle browbone or inner corner highlight. But my favorite way to wear it is all over the lid or inner half of lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2015 12:26:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I wanted to buy Gesso for my brow bone/inner-eye highlight, but was told they'd sold out. The SA suggested i try Shroom instead. So I did...

Hmm. It's okay, I guess. The reason I wanted Gesso was that it was quite an opaque white, and looks very clean...This is actually pretty sheer, and I need to build it up to get the result I want
It's got a pretty peach undertone, which is rather flattering, but again, not what I was after.

I'll continue to use it, but probably won't repurchase, as i can't help but think that there's better highlights out there

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2015 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been buying this for a long time and it's such a great shade and staple when I do a neutral eye. I use Shroom on my lid White Frost on the inner corners of my eyes. UD's Faint in the crease I blend it out a little with Shroom and I use UD's Venus on the brow bone. Add a little brown eyeliner and mascara and I get a clean daytime makeup look. Shroom is one of my favs and I always go back to it because it's just that good to me. NW20 green eyes, blonde hair for reference. I will purchase this as long as MAC makes it. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brow bone highlight. It's nicely pigmented, buttery soft, lasts all day and night, and gives a subtle sheen/glow. I'm fair and have trouble finding a brow bone shadow that isn't too white, pink or yellow toned - this is perfect!

I used to love dazzlelight, but I've since found it to be too unnatural (pearly light pink) whereas shroom gives me the perfect neutral glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I totally adore this shadow. I use Shroom for many purposes, but my favorites include as a subtle, shimmery brow highlight, an inner corner highlight, and center lid shimmer. I find that it brings an effortless dewiness to simple shadow (I tend toward neutral eyes) and pulls the whole look together well. I do find that I have to pack on the color a bit to get the desired payoff.

Pros:
* very creamy and smooth
* easy to apply and blend
* easy to pick up color with brush
* complements most other shadow colors very well
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be a bit sheer; may need two applications for full effect
* the frostiness can be a bit much without proper blending

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

After watching a lot f YouTube gurus and reading about it on makeup blogs, I decided to purchase Shroom from MAC. I made the mistake of not trying it on at the store as when I tried it on at home, I was severely disappointed. It didn't show up on my skin unless I caked it on. When I do cake it on, it looks like I have chalk on my eyelids. It is one of those colours that is too light for a highlighter but not dark enough for an all over lid colour. One word to describe this colour is boring. I am not sure of there is a return policy at MAC Australia and if there is one, I'll be returning it in a heart beat. What a waste of AUD$33

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I love this shadow. Not a stark white but a creamy neutral that will not look chalky when you need a softer highlight. I use this on my brow as a lid shade in the corner to highlight. I even used this in my cupids bow and on my cheek directly under my eye as a highlighter when I was having a dark circle day. I've found shades close but they always seem to have some amount of shimmer in them which cancels out using them as an everyday shade. One of those few high end shades where the dupe hasn't been found to my liking yet.

If you are wanting to try a MAC shadow I would suggest starting with this one you will find that you will use it frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Shroom should be forever known as the universal highlight shade of life. It is fabulous. I'm sure so much has been said about it to the point that it has been done to DEATH but I'm still going to talk about it anyway, because I think it is one shade by MAC that everyone should have.
Its like a very light beige/white/little bit of champagne in there, which is what makes it the perfect colour for highlighting, be it on the brow bone, tear duct, or to highlight the focal points of the fact i.e. the nose bridge. It is universally flattering on pretty much every skin tone because its not too warm, not too cool, there isn't too much white or too much gold, or too much pinky silver tones it just is slap bang neutral and great for everyone.
The texture is what we have all come to expect from MAC shadows, buttery, easily blendable and smooth as silk. If you don't already own it then I suggest that you look into it right away. Love love love!