October 20, 2014 | 1195 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When will Makeupalley let us do half ratings?! Because I want to give this a 3.5.
I like this toner. It's more of a very light weight hydrating serum than a conventional toner so I apply it with my hands rather than with a cotton pad as I find that method of application too wasteful for something so thick. It absorbs instantly into the skin and gives my skin that extra boost of hydration. However, I often find that when I apply this to my cheeks it "stings" or creates some kind of burning sensation... very strange for a hydrating toner. It's not unbearable or anything and it goes away quickly, so it's not that big of a deal.
I'm not sure what in this product causes that sensation. I'm sure it's the product itself and not a negative interaction with any other products I use since this is applied immediately after cleansing.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this just because it doesn't seem to do anything exceptional for my skin beyond adding a bit of hydration (which I can get from a serum and/or an oil). That, and it runs out super quickly, making it pricey. You get 118ml/4oz of product for $28 on the Australian PC website, and there's a shipping fee on top of that. I can't remember it off the top of my head... somewhere between $9 and $15. The threshold for free shipping is $100. Of course, PC frequently has specials and at this very moment has free shipping on all orders but this toner isn't so special to me that I would fork out $15 each time just to replenish it, nor is it worth waiting for free shipping specials.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just finished off a bottle of this toner. I've had it for almost a year and the thing I loved most about it was that it made my skin feel hydrated. It is a milky toner and after cleansing, I would gross out on how much makeup was still on my face after using this toner. I've changed my cleanser since then. But I love the feeling of getting every last bit of makeup off. I would purchase this again, but I like to wait for a percentage off plus free shipping -- Paula's Choice has that deal every so often -- so I'll just wait for it. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I didn't see any noticeable improvement in how my skin looked -- other than just getting every last bit of makeup off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

The formula feels nice and soothing--might be a good choice for dry, fine textured skin. However, I think this might too rich for my skin. I seem to break out in milia bumps if I use it more than a day or two in a row.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far the best toner I've ever used for dry/normal skin. It really functions more like a lotion, even the consistency is like a very liquidy lotion, but it sinks in the skin really nicely, and I actually am able to use this during the day with PC antioxidant light serum without a moisturizer. I think this is great for those that typically find most toners to be too drying or stripping on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This was a very creamy toner with a gel like viscosity. It did smell strongly of alcohol though, and benzoic acid is the 4TH from the last ingredient on the list. Since there is such a small amount I do not mind normally, but the odor is quite strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. This milky toner caused slight irritation and dryness. I diluted it half and half with distilled water and I don't have dryness or irritation.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this cause the rep said it was good for all skins. oily but dehydrated, acne prone with red marks I wanted to fade in process. This product broke me out in closed comedone bumps all over my jaw and lower chin. I haven't used it in 2 weeks and the bumps are still there. I caused my skin bigger problems with this and have had to stop all products just to try and see if they will go away. Will never purchase this product or another PC product again, it's not the first product to make my skin worse...Stupidly I got sucked into the rave reviews everywhere but be aware that paula's choice website blocked my negative review mentioning the breakout.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have been using this every day for a while and really don't see anything special about it. My skin does not feel fresher after using (and this has a smell which I cannot stand) and I can't see any change to my skin texture at all. It does leave a film on my face which I actually don't mind so much.

This doesn't have that burn of alcohol which I normally expect from a toner. In fact I don't see this as a traditional toner but more of a lightweight liquid moisturizer. It does have a silky feel to it and I think that applying with a cotton pad is the wrong way to use it. One other reviewer has suggested using your hands to apply this and I do agree. It doesn't sink into the cotton pad anyway and instead just sits on top as it is quite thick for a liquid.

I got this in a swap so can't comment on the price but I wouldn't buy this again. It's not that I expect miracles from a toner, but it has to do something or else there is no point taking this unnecessary step. It may be that my skin just doesn't need an extra layer of moisturizer (I have very oily nose and chin, and dry cheeks) so maybe this is better suited to those with all over drier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best toner ever! Packed with lots of anti oxidants. Where else can you find that well formulated toner for such a reasonable price?? If you have an oily skin or sweat a lot during the summer time, it even can be your daily moisturizer. I do not use it as a toner, it is, don't put it on a pad, but directly into the palm of my hand and massage it into my skin before applying a serum. No, you will not see any "results". It is all about prevention.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not into toners before, but Paula's have many benefits: they have anti-aging effects and also they help regulating moisture. Before, some of Paula's products seemed not to be moisturizing enough. I have combo skin, with dry patches and very oily areas. Also, my skin changes a lot throughout the year and in different countries (I travel a lot). So nowadays, not only do I adjust the moisturizer, I also adjust the toner to get my desired effect. In scandinavian winter I use this plus the Resist SPF cream or the Superboost moisturizer. I am perfectly moisturized and protected. I can use it also after washing my face, when not applying the cream right away, just to prevent the post-wash dryness. In more humid or warm climates I use the skin-balancing toner or no toner at all.
I do, however, agree that the product goes too fast, so it feels like a luxury item, a bit too pricey, worth selecting when to use, at least for the european user.