August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far the best toner I've ever used for dry/normal skin. It really functions more like a lotion, even the consistency is like a very liquidy lotion, but it sinks in the skin really nicely, and I actually am able to use this during the day with PC antioxidant light serum without a moisturizer. I think this is great for those that typically find most toners to be too drying or stripping on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This was a very creamy toner with a gel like viscosity. It did smell strongly of alcohol though, and benzoic acid is the 4TH from the last ingredient on the list. Since there is such a small amount I do not mind normally, but the odor is quite strong.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. This milky toner caused slight irritation and dryness.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this cause the rep said it was good for all skins. oily but dehydrated, acne prone with red marks I wanted to fade in process. This product broke me out in closed comedone bumps all over my jaw and lower chin. I haven't used it in 2 weeks and the bumps are still there. I caused my skin bigger problems with this and have had to stop all products just to try and see if they will go away. Will never purchase this product or another PC product again, it's not the first product to make my skin worse...Stupidly I got sucked into the rave reviews everywhere but be aware that paula's choice website blocked my negative review mentioning the breakout.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have been using this every day for a while and really don't see anything special about it. My skin does not feel fresher after using (and this has a smell which I cannot stand) and I can't see any change to my skin texture at all. It does leave a film on my face which I actually don't mind so much.

This doesn't have that burn of alcohol which I normally expect from a toner. In fact I don't see this as a traditional toner but more of a lightweight liquid moisturizer. It does have a silky feel to it and I think that applying with a cotton pad is the wrong way to use it. One other reviewer has suggested using your hands to apply this and I do agree. It doesn't sink into the cotton pad anyway and instead just sits on top as it is quite thick for a liquid.

I got this in a swap so can't comment on the price but I wouldn't buy this again. It's not that I expect miracles from a toner, but it has to do something or else there is no point taking this unnecessary step. It may be that my skin just doesn't need an extra layer of moisturizer (I have very oily nose and chin, and dry cheeks) so maybe this is better suited to those with all over drier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best toner ever! Packed with lots of anti oxidants. Where else can you find that well formulated toner for such a reasonable price?? If you have an oily skin or sweat a lot during the summer time, it even can be your daily moisturizer. I do not use it as a toner, it is, don't put it on a pad, but directly into the palm of my hand and massage it into my skin before applying a serum. No, you will not see any "results". It is all about prevention.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Tsats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not into toners before, but Paula's have many benefits: they have anti-aging effects and also they help regulating moisture. Before, some of Paula's products seemed not to be moisturizing enough. I have combo skin, with dry patches and very oily areas. Also, my skin changes a lot throughout the year and in different countries (I travel a lot). So nowadays, not only do I adjust the moisturizer, I also adjust the toner to get my desired effect. In scandinavian winter I use this plus the Resist SPF cream or the Superboost moisturizer. I am perfectly moisturized and protected. I can use it also after washing my face, when not applying the cream right away, just to prevent the post-wash dryness. In more humid or warm climates I use the skin-balancing toner or no toner at all.
I do, however, agree that the product goes too fast, so it feels like a luxury item, a bit too pricey, worth selecting when to use, at least for the european user.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As Paula herself states, there are few toners out there worth one's time and money; fortunately, this is one of them. It adds moisture, antioxidants, cell-communicating ingredients, and other goodies to your skin. It really steps up your beauty routine. The only reason I don't use it is I found PC's Skin Recovery Toner works better for my dry, sensitive skin as it has more protective ingredients, which I need for my rosacea, seb derm, and eczema. I highly recommend using one of PC's toners, though, given all of their benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely toner but go through it quite quickly and it is sadly expensive for those of us in the UK.

Keeps my skin soft. Containus hyaluronate which is great for the skin plus lots of antioxidants.

What more can I say? Great toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Paula's products are real hit or miss with me. The hits, though, are usually out of the ballpark. This is one of those products.

My skin is turning the corner from oily to drier so I have been playing around with different moisturizers. There were a couple that seemed awesome one day but terrible the next. Well, this toner was the difference. If I didn't use this toner, the mediocre moisturizers didn't cut it. I can see where it would be moisturizing enough for some to not require a separate moisturizer except to provide sunscreen, if you desire. It is so soothing and makes my skin feel happy and soft.

My only gripe is that it seems really expensive, especially from someone who preached for so long that toners were not necessary at all and who regularly harangues other companies for being overpriced and gimicky. The entire RESIST line seems high $$$ and gimicky (Skin Remodeling Complex? C'mon, Paula, go back and read your own dogma). Regardless, I will continue to repurchase. Paula does NOT test on animals and their processing time is really good.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No