Paula's Choice RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Glycerth-26 (emollient), Dimethiconol (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linolenic Acid (essential fatty acids/cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (skin-identical ingredient), Carnosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate, Genistein (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sphingolipids (skin-identical ingredients), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (skin-conditioning agent), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Acetyl Glucosamine (water-binding agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Quercetin (antioxidant), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-fragrant plant oil), Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Curcubita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (opacifying agent), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cellulose Gum (thickener), Laureth-23 (cleansing agent), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 3/15/2015 5:33:00 PM

Didn't do anything for my skin. I initially bought this to replace my daily moisturiser since I have oily skin. I heard that a hydrating toner can be a good replacement (according to a paula's choice research team member). But this is just not hydrating enough. My skin became flaky and peeling so I had to use my original moisturiser again.

on 3/1/2015 2:16:00 PM

I've pretty much given up on toner when I purchased this two months ago. I love it so much that my backup arrived last night. This has extra ingredients that my mature skin needs. I won't do without this.

If you in your 20's and not necessarily putting much effort in your skincare routine,you should check read about this products.

on 3/1/2015 12:44:00 PM

this is a thick toner, very hydrating. I could even forget moisturizer after using this and my skin would be hydrated anyway. it is expensive but the bottle is large and you need a tiny amount. I rub it into my hands and pat it on the face and neck. love it

on 11/25/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

L.O.V.E this toner - I cannot believe a liquid like this can hydrate so effectively. It is more expensive than the other toners (higher price AND smalle bottle), which is why I currently use the Skin Recovery toner. But I will be getting this again, because it just did a fantastic job.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When will Makeupalley let us do half ratings?! Because I want to give this a 3.5.
I like this toner. It's more of a very light weight hydrating serum than a conventional toner so I apply it with my hands rather than with a cotton pad as I find that method of application too wasteful for something so thick. It absorbs instantly into the skin and gives my skin that extra boost of hydration. However, I often find that when I apply this to my cheeks it "stings" or creates some kind of burning sensation... very strange for a hydrating toner. It's not unbearable or anything and it goes away quickly, so it's not that big of a deal.
I'm not sure what in this product causes that sensation. I'm sure it's the product itself and not a negative interaction with any other products I use since this is applied immediately after cleansing.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this just because it doesn't seem to do anything exceptional for my skin beyond adding a bit of hydration (which I can get from a serum and/or an oil). That, and it runs out super quickly, making it pricey. You get 118ml/4oz of product for $28 on the Australian PC website, and there's a shipping fee on top of that. I can't remember it off the top of my head... somewhere between $9 and $15. The threshold for free shipping is $100. Of course, PC frequently has specials and at this very moment has free shipping on all orders but this toner isn't so special to me that I would fork out $15 each time just to replenish it, nor is it worth waiting for free shipping specials.

on 10/4/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished off a bottle of this toner. I've had it for almost a year and the thing I loved most about it was that it made my skin feel hydrated. It is a milky toner and after cleansing, I would gross out on how much makeup was still on my face after using this toner. I've changed my cleanser since then. But I love the feeling of getting every last bit of makeup off. I would purchase this again, but I like to wait for a percentage off plus free shipping -- Paula's Choice has that deal every so often -- so I'll just wait for it. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I didn't see any noticeable improvement in how my skin looked -- other than just getting every last bit of makeup off.

on 9/24/2014 6:21:00 AM

The formula feels nice and soothing--might be a good choice for dry, fine textured skin. However, I think this might too rich for my combo skin. I seem to break out in milia bumps if I use it more than a day or two in a row.

on 8/16/2014 10:18:00 PM

By far the best toner I've ever used for dry/normal skin. It really functions more like a lotion, even the consistency is like a very liquidy lotion, but it sinks in the skin really nicely, and I actually am able to use this during the day with PC antioxidant light serum without a moisturizer. I think this is great for those that typically find most toners to be too drying or stripping on the skin.

on 8/16/2014 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This was a very creamy toner with a gel like viscosity. It did smell strongly of alcohol though, and benzoic acid is the 4TH from the last ingredient on the list. Since there is such a small amount I do not mind normally, but the odor is quite strong.

on 5/3/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. This milky toner caused slight irritation and dryness. I diluted it half and half with distilled water and it was O.K. for my skin, but I won't repurchase.