Paula's Choice RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Glycerth-26 (emollient), Dimethiconol (silicone-based skin-conditioning agent), Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linolenic Acid (essential fatty acids/cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (skin-identical ingredient), Carnosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate, Genistein (antioxidants), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sphingolipids (skin-identical ingredients), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (skin-conditioning agent), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Acetyl Glucosamine (water-binding agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Quercetin (antioxidant), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (non-fragrant plant oil), Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Curcubita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract (antioxidants), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (opacifying agent), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cellulose Gum (thickener), Laureth-23 (cleansing agent), Laureth-4 (emulsifier), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 3/1/2015 2:16:00 PM

I've pretty much given up on toner when I purchased this two months ago. I love it so much that my backup arrived last night. This has extra ingredients that my mature skin needs. I won't do without this.

If you in your 20's and not necessarily putting much effort in your skincare routine,you should check read about this products.

on 3/1/2015 12:44:00 PM

this is a thick toner, very hydrating. I could even forget moisturizer after using this and my skin would be hydrated anyway. it is expensive but the bottle is large and you need a tiny amount. I rub it into my hands and pat it on the face and neck. love it

on 11/25/2014 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

L.O.V.E this toner - I cannot believe a liquid like this can hydrate so effectively. It is more expensive than the other toners (higher price AND smalle bottle), which is why I currently use the Skin Recovery toner. But I will be getting this again, because it just did a fantastic job.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When will Makeupalley let us do half ratings?! Because I want to give this a 3.5.
I like this toner. It's more of a very light weight hydrating serum than a conventional toner so I apply it with my hands rather than with a cotton pad as I find that method of application too wasteful for something so thick. It absorbs instantly into the skin and gives my skin that extra boost of hydration. However, I often find that when I apply this to my cheeks it "stings" or creates some kind of burning sensation... very strange for a hydrating toner. It's not unbearable or anything and it goes away quickly, so it's not that big of a deal.
I'm not sure what in this product causes that sensation. I'm sure it's the product itself and not a negative interaction with any other products I use since this is applied immediately after cleansing.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this just because it doesn't seem to do anything exceptional for my skin beyond adding a bit of hydration (which I can get from a serum and/or an oil). That, and it runs out super quickly, making it pricey. You get 118ml/4oz of product for $28 on the Australian PC website, and there's a shipping fee on top of that. I can't remember it off the top of my head... somewhere between $9 and $15. The threshold for free shipping is $100. Of course, PC frequently has specials and at this very moment has free shipping on all orders but this toner isn't so special to me that I would fork out $15 each time just to replenish it, nor is it worth waiting for free shipping specials.

on 10/4/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished off a bottle of this toner. I've had it for almost a year and the thing I loved most about it was that it made my skin feel hydrated. It is a milky toner and after cleansing, I would gross out on how much makeup was still on my face after using this toner. I've changed my cleanser since then. But I love the feeling of getting every last bit of makeup off. I would purchase this again, but I like to wait for a percentage off plus free shipping -- Paula's Choice has that deal every so often -- so I'll just wait for it. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I didn't see any noticeable improvement in how my skin looked -- other than just getting every last bit of makeup off.

on 9/24/2014 6:21:00 AM

The formula feels nice and soothing--might be a good choice for dry, fine textured skin. However, I think this might too rich for my combo skin. I seem to break out in milia bumps if I use it more than a day or two in a row.

on 8/16/2014 10:18:00 PM

By far the best toner I've ever used for dry/normal skin. It really functions more like a lotion, even the consistency is like a very liquidy lotion, but it sinks in the skin really nicely, and I actually am able to use this during the day with PC antioxidant light serum without a moisturizer. I think this is great for those that typically find most toners to be too drying or stripping on the skin.

on 8/16/2014 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
This was a very creamy toner with a gel like viscosity. It did smell strongly of alcohol though, and benzoic acid is the 4TH from the last ingredient on the list. Since there is such a small amount I do not mind normally, but the odor is quite strong.

on 5/3/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive. This milky toner caused slight irritation and dryness. I diluted it half and half with distilled water and I don't have dryness or irritation.

on 3/24/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this cause the rep said it was good for all skins. oily but dehydrated, acne prone with red marks I wanted to fade in process. This product broke me out in closed comedone bumps all over my jaw and lower chin. I haven't used it in 2 weeks and the bumps are still there. I caused my skin bigger problems with this and have had to stop all products just to try and see if they will go away. Will never purchase this product or another PC product again, it's not the first product to make my skin worse...Stupidly I got sucked into the rave reviews everywhere but be aware that paula's choice website blocked my negative review mentioning the breakout.