November 27, 2014 | 1548 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #316 Covered Lip Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush, it distributes my lipstick evenly and its not flimsy like other lip brushes I have tried. I like that it has a paddle shape as opposed to others. It's excellent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I am not a fan of lip brushes in general. I like the more intense colour of application straight from the tube and my lips seems to have a very clear shape and outline which doesn't require a brush.

Having said that, I bought this for applying non-tube application or when a tube has lost it's shape. While the cover is useful to protect the brush and everything else and can be conveniently screwed onto the bottom of the brush, I find it way too narrow and long. It's absolutely impossible to clean on the inside, so even if my brush is clean, who knows what other dirt is getting wiped off from the inside of the cover?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect lip brush for your handbag. It is small, and the retractable mechanism can be worked with one hand. As for the brush itself it is good, but other full size lip brushes could do just as good or better a job. The top rating is because you can bring one shot of portable lip colour without having to bring your lipstick, the small size and workability - makes your handbg less crowded.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

Another winner from MAC. A very nifty, versatile little brush!

This is marketed as a lip brush, but I've found it to be the best brush EVER for applying gel eyeliner. It is precise and neat without creating a harsh line. I've found that gel eyeliner applied with a wet 316 creates big, beautiful eyes.

This brush has definitely earned HG status for me (Along with quite a few other MAC brushes!) I would certainly repurchase if the need arose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have 2 of these brushes. one i keep in my make up bag in my pocket book and i do not have the problem with the cover comin off. i love it for blending my lipstick with the lip liner. i also have the SE one i use at home and it works great also

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't recommended this brush.. The lid/cap of this brush is very loose. It just slips off whenever i put it in my makeup bag. And the application isn't great. Not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this, at all. The biggest problem for me is that the cap is SO LOOSE! It falls off when I store it in my purse and it doesn't stay on when I put it on the opposite end of the pencil when it's in use. Secondly, it doesn't apply my lip colors on evenly. The only good thing about this brush is that it has a cap - and that is the *only* reason why I'm keeping this *for the time being*. I swapped for this, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love that this brush has a cover, I use this for travel as well as at home! I would definately buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

Does what it is supposed to!!! I wont be buying again unless I lose it lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by user1988

I have the SE version, I like it but rarely use it.