MAC #316 Covered Lip Brush

4.2

on 8/11/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this brush, it distributes my lipstick evenly and its not flimsy like other lip brushes I have tried. I like that it has a paddle shape as opposed to others. It's excellent!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am not a fan of lip brushes in general. I like the more intense colour of application straight from the tube and my lips seems to have a very clear shape and outline which doesn't require a brush.

Having said that, I bought this for applying non-tube application or when a tube has lost it's shape. While the cover is useful to protect the brush and everything else and can be conveniently screwed onto the bottom of the brush, I find it way too narrow and long. It's absolutely impossible to clean on the inside, so even if my brush is clean, who knows what other dirt is getting wiped off from the inside of the cover?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect lip brush for your handbag. It is small, and the retractable mechanism can be worked with one hand. As for the brush itself it is good, but other full size lip brushes could do just as good or better a job. The top rating is because you can bring one shot of portable lip colour without having to bring your lipstick, the small size and workability - makes your handbg less crowded.

on 12/28/2011 1:26:00 AM

Another winner from MAC. A very nifty, versatile little brush!

This is marketed as a lip brush, but I've found it to be the best brush EVER for applying gel eyeliner. It is precise and neat without creating a harsh line. I've found that gel eyeliner applied with a wet 316 creates big, beautiful eyes.

This brush has definitely earned HG status for me (Along with quite a few other MAC brushes!) I would certainly repurchase if the need arose.

on 10/13/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i have 2 of these brushes. one i keep in my make up bag in my pocket book and i do not have the problem with the cover comin off. i love it for blending my lipstick with the lip liner. i also have the SE one i use at home and it works great also

on 5/16/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't recommended this brush.. The lid/cap of this brush is very loose. It just slips off whenever i put it in my makeup bag. And the application isn't great. Not worth the money.

on 2/8/2010 6:43:00 PM

I would not recommend this, at all. The biggest problem for me is that the cap is SO LOOSE! It falls off when I store it in my purse and it doesn't stay on when I put it on the opposite end of the pencil when it's in use. Secondly, it doesn't apply my lip colors on evenly. The only good thing about this brush is that it has a cap - and that is the *only* reason why I'm keeping this *for the time being*. I swapped for this, thankfully.

on 10/26/2009 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love that this brush has a cover, I use this for travel as well as at home! I would definately buy this again!

on 6/12/2009 8:44:00 AM

Does what it is supposed to!!! I wont be buying again unless I lose it lol!

on 5/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

I have the SE version, I like it but rarely use it.