October 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Boots - No7 Illuminated Make-Up Mirror

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mooohara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this off my boyfriend as a Christmas present, so I am unsure on the cost, but I believe it varies from 20-50. I got it, and it was great until early June (from december) and the wires had gone weird, it burned a hole in the rubber [covering the wire] and started to spark. So i told his mum and she took it back and they happily swapped it. However, I have had this one since the 7th of June [its now the 18th] and its broken again already! I've barely used it since, and it wont work. After reading reviews I've noticed alot of people are having problems with it - so i'm tempted to explain this to her and tell her to go get her money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I think it's hilarious that this mirror, supposedly just marked down from 49.99 to 19.99 was the same discounted price a year ago going by the other review.

Had a choice between this one and a 4 bulb Revlon one for the same price. Against my better judgement, I went with this one because it sits higher up than the Revlon one did. Something inside told me to not bother with it, and I really should have listened to my gut on this one. Got it home and plugged it in...barely any lighting at all. Thinking it may do better in a darker room (it was afternoon), I took it in my sons room, closed the drapes and turned it on. OMG...how they expect anyone to use this mirror is beyond me. You would get more illumination by holding a night light next to your face in a mirror.

Needless to say, this is going back tomorrow and I'll try the Revlon one. And don't make my mistake....if something is discounted from 50 to 20, there's probably a reason for that. Especially if there's about 30+ of them stacked in a display. Don't even consider this mirror. Just turn around and walk away....trust me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I got this in the sale and I am glad I did not have to part with the original 50 it would have cost me. The light where I put my makeup in is very poor and I tend to be in shadow. I thought this would be the perfect solution but I am quite disappointed by it.

I was looking for something that would be very well lit but the lighting in this mirror is just too flattering and glowy and does not give you an accurate impression of how your face really looks. The actual size of the mirror is quite small and there is a 'No7' emblem - allbeit small - at the bottom of the mirror which doesn't obscure but does distract.

It works on mains electricity which is good. I would hate to be constantly replacing batteries. It has a 5X magnifying mirror as well though I don't find these much use.

I managed to get my face on tonight but had to check it in the bathroom and discovered that I still had quite a lot of ruddiness that needed covered. This hadn't shown up in the Boots mirror.

Great if you want Barbara Streisand style flattering lighting. Not so great if you would rather see your face warts and all so that you can do something about it.

Update: I returned it. Was completely unimpressed with the quality of it. Far too bulky and the actual mirror was too small. Think I am looking for a full on theatre changing room mirror type mirror.