Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin

3.7

Active: Titanium Dioxide (5%), Zinc Oxide (3%), Other: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PEG-75 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Chlorphenesin, Aluminum Stearate, Disodium EDTA, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Dipropylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysorbate-60, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, BHT

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use Retin-A and Duac (benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin) topically for my acne, and so I really need a good sunscreen. I was previously using Olay Sensitive moisturizer-suncreen spf15, which didn't sting my face (a lot of sunscreens do w/ Duac), but I wanted a higher spf sunscreen, and after recently finding out about PPD ratings, I found my Olay moisturizer too low in spf rating, but this Neutrogena healthy defense sensitive one was too low as well (spf=9-ish), AND it stung my face. This moisturizer goes on white and clings to the dry patches of skin on your face, so it looks like you caked on foundation. All throughout the day. flaky and uncool looking. can barely blend it in right. I'd recommend looking elsewhere if you have sun-sensitized skin, dry skin, and/or combination skin. There's plenty of formulas out there that can blend better and won't cling to your dry-patches.

I wanted to love this. It got good reviews here and at Paula's Choice. It's an all-physical sunscreen, which is what I've tried to stick with due to issues with Avobenzone and Oxybenzone. It's nicely hydrating so no need for additional moisturizer. It's not bad but I'm definitely not in love. Not sure yet if I will keep it for days when I'm outside all the time but I don't see using it every day. I find it rather heavy and mask-like and, if I wear it a couple of days in a row, I start to get irritation and congested pores around my nose, where I'm prone to perioral dermatitis. I'm having much better results with Olay Complete SPF30 more sensitive skin, which should give me adequate coverage for everyday wear, especially heading into winter in the Great Lakes area.

This is a fantastic drugstore find for dry, sensitive skins. Truly feels like skincare; goes on smoothly, leaving my skin plump and hydrated like a cream would. Does not cling to dry patches or flakes, a rarity with physical sunscreens, which is a testament to how great the formula is! Only leaves a minimal white cast on my olive skin, which is also rare. The finish isn't matte or dull, but rather satiny and brightening, like a hydrating primer. No fragrance, soothing, gentle, non-drying and easy to remove. Because of the low cost, I apply this very liberally which makes me feel well protected. I don't have one bad thing to say about it, I'm hooked!

I thought I would try this because I really need the high SPF, it seems to have gotten good reviews, and it is 1/3 of the price of the moisturizer I had been using. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can say this doesn't leave a white cast. I am super pale, an N/NW10-15, and the white cast is extremely noticeable even on me. I used a tiny amount on my nose, rubbed it in gently but vigorously, and even in a regular mirror without magnification, the white cast was. . .as obvious as the nose on my face. Makeup goes on streaky over it. It is just nightmarishly bad.

My skin is extremely sensitive (recently diagnosed with Rosacea) and I also have another skin condition that forces me to use a high spf sunscreen everyday, no matter what (and I live in London, so maybe we have like 5 sunny days per year) Iīve used it all, from high end brands to pharmacy ones, and they were too oily/creamy (I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone) or too harsh (such as Japanese brands, mainly made of alcohol). In my desperation, I ordered this one online cause it is not sold here in the UK. I have been using it for 5 days now, and I can tell you my skin is calmed, smoother and soft. It is not that my skin is completely matte, but I donīt think any sunscreen can do that, unless is battered with alcohol, which I am determined to avoid at all cost (thanks to Kiehlīs and its 50 spf UV sunscreen alcoholic potion my skin went crazy). But it is not oily either, so you wonīt feel disappointed. In my experience, is one of the best Iīve tried, and believe me, Iīve tried a lot! Nice and gentle for your skin, as it is a moisturiser. Make up works well on top. Would highly recommend it for pals with sensitive skin, normal or combination.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I'm impressed with this. I was a little skeptical since I had a reaction to the Neutrogena SHEER sunscreen primer spf 70 but I think that was due to the scent. This has no scent and is very benign. It goes on matte but not drying and has no white cast. It also has worked as a great base layer for my tinted moisturizers and foundations. I also like the tube over the milky texture of the SHEER sunscreen primer that came out of a squeeze bottle. And this is cheap and easy to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely fantastic!! I use it every day and it makes my face so smooth and soft! It is actual perfection.

Awesome sunscreen moisturizer.

I went through an entire tube and then decided to buy the Rite Aid Renewal generic version - SAME EXACT thing, but about $3 cheaper.

I love the high SPF! I slather this on liberally on my face, neck and ears every single morning. I prefer physical sunscreens over chemical because there's no need to reapply. Downside is that it's hard to rub in and leaves a white-ish cast, but that's a price I'll happily pay to prevent premature aging and UV ray damage. Just like any other sunscreen, it does leave a shiny/oily residue. I neutralize this by layering a powder sunscreen (Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50) on top -- extra SPF protection and it gets rid of the oily sheen.

Overall, GREAT product! I will definitely repurchase, although like I said, I buy the generic version of this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Reasonably priced suncreens that rely on zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide are rare. Look on the back of almost all moisturisers with sunscreen in the stores, and see a chemical soup of irritating ingredients. Even the skin care lines devoted to sensitive skin.
When I saw this moisturizer with sunscreen, I grabbed it quickly.
I have been satisfied with this product. It does not leave a sticky feel, noticeable scent or white cast on my olive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

FINALLY ! I've had such issues with suncreens for the past... umm.. forever! Sometimes i even went without SPF because my makeup would just slide off any sunscreen i put on underneath and i would turn into a grease ball. Well not with this product ladies! This is amazing! Not only is the SPF high enough at 50 (you really don't need more than that honestly unless your job is to bake on a beach all day). Anyway, it goes on smooth, almost like a powder. It's not greasy AT ALL. Absorbs into skin immediately and i gotta say.... it feels almost like a primer but in a good way. Skin is smooth instantly! And it has no fragrance. I put my makeup on after this and it just really almost makes the makeup adhere better if that's possible. I can't explain it. I'm just really glad i found this after all the bad products i've dealt with. It is a tad expensive at almost $15 at Ulta but it's worth it! Overall, i would give this 100 lippies! Will update after a few more days of wear.