Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin

Active: Titanium Dioxide (5%), Zinc Oxide (3%), Other: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PEG-75 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Chlorphenesin, Aluminum Stearate, Disodium EDTA, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Dipropylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysorbate-60, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, BHT

on 3/22/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm impressed with this. I was a little skeptical since I had a reaction to the Neutrogena SHEER sunscreen primer spf 70 but I think that was due to the scent. This has no scent and is very benign. It goes on matte but not drying and has no white cast. It also has worked as a great base layer for my tinted moisturizers and foundations. I also like the tube over the milky texture of the SHEER sunscreen primer that came out of a squeeze bottle. And this is cheap and easy to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely fantastic!! I use it every day and it makes my face so smooth and soft! It is actual perfection.

on 3/12/2014 1:02:00 AM

Awesome sunscreen moisturizer.

I went through an entire tube and then decided to buy the Rite Aid Renewal generic version - SAME EXACT thing, but about $3 cheaper.

I love the high SPF! I slather this on liberally on my face, neck and ears every single morning. I prefer physical sunscreens over chemical because there's no need to reapply. Downside is that it's hard to rub in and leaves a white-ish cast, but that's a price I'll happily pay to prevent premature aging and UV ray damage. Just like any other sunscreen, it does leave a shiny/oily residue. I neutralize this by layering a powder sunscreen (Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50) on top -- extra SPF protection and it gets rid of the oily sheen.

Overall, GREAT product! I will definitely repurchase, although like I said, I buy the generic version of this.

on 2/25/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Reasonably priced suncreens that rely on zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide are rare. Look on the back of almost all moisturisers with sunscreen in the stores, and see a chemical soup of irritating ingredients. Even the skin care lines devoted to sensitive skin.
When I saw this moisturizer with sunscreen, I grabbed it quickly.
I have been satisfied with this product. It does not leave a sticky feel, noticeable scent or white cast on my olive skin.

on 2/25/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

FINALLY ! I've had such issues with suncreens for the past... umm.. forever! Sometimes i even went without SPF because my makeup would just slide off any sunscreen i put on underneath and i would turn into a grease ball. Well not with this product ladies! This is amazing! Not only is the SPF high enough at 50 (you really don't need more than that honestly unless your job is to bake on a beach all day). Anyway, it goes on smooth, almost like a powder. It's not greasy AT ALL. Absorbs into skin immediately and i gotta say.... it feels almost like a primer but in a good way. Skin is smooth instantly! And it has no fragrance. I put my makeup on after this and it just really almost makes the makeup adhere better if that's possible. I can't explain it. I'm just really glad i found this after all the bad products i've dealt with. It is a tad expensive at almost $15 at Ulta but it's worth it! Overall, i would give this 100 lippies! Will update after a few more days of wear.

on 2/20/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product but it burns on my face .. I really want to use it because i love the way my face feels after i use this very smooth and non greasy. I really like this but i think my skin doesnt like it. I have sensitive skin maybe thats why. But if it disnt burn i wouldve gave it 5stars.

on 1/31/2014 4:57:00 PM

Bought this hoping to replace my Vanicream 60 spf, which has been replaced by the Vanicream 50+, and does not work for my skin. Texture is thin, applies easily but sinks in fast so it is better to work on one section at a time. Has a slight plasticky smell that goes away quickly. No white cast or greasy effect, and makeup applies smoothly over top of it. Price is ok, 1.7 oz for about 13.00 at Walgreens. Only physical sunscreen, and no fragrance. Thought this was working for me, until my face got as dry as the Sahara desert. My normally combo skin was literally flaking off all over. I even moisturized underneath it, even though this is supposed to be moisturizer, and no help. Perhaps in the summer I will try it again. Until then, no repurchase.

on 9/6/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oily feeling on application, yet made my skin feel dried out and itchy, at the end of the day, AND managed to clogg my pores and give me pimples! I only used it on my neck and it broke out badly there and my face stayed clear with my usual products so it was definitley this. Aso it is very strange that they put scent in a product designed for sensitive skin - it wasn't for me!

on 7/16/2013 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really LOVE this product. I use it every day on my neck and as a base for my powder foundation. It makes an excellent makeup primer/base. The formula isn't greasy (it's very silky, in fact), and the broad-spectrum mineral sunscreens are gentle on my skin which has a tendency to get red and itchy from chemical sunscreens. This product reminds me of Clinique's City Block, but a lot cheaper. I don't see a noticeable white cast, either, which was a problem with some of Neutrogena's past mineral sunscreen formulas. I was interested in trying their "liquid" Purescreen sunscreen, but I couldn't find it in any store, so I tried this product instead, which I found at Walgreens. Great product!

on 3/24/2013 3:34:00 PM

BEWARE this sunscreen causes breakouts! Unfortunately this is very greasy and does not set to a matte finish. The zinc is also not very high especially since it is supposed to be spf 50. My absolute HG sunscreen is the SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. It is amazing! It is a fluid that dries to a matte finish; perfect for using before makeup application. Definitely try the SkinCeuticals SPF if you are looking for a good physical face sunscreen.