September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome sunscreen moisturizer.

I went through an entire tube and then decided to buy the Rite Aid Renewal generic version - SAME EXACT thing, but about $3 cheaper.

I love the high SPF! I slather this on liberally on my face, neck and ears every single morning. I prefer physical sunscreens over chemical because there's no need to reapply. Downside is that it's hard to rub in and leaves a white-ish cast, but that's a price I'll happily pay to prevent premature aging and UV ray damage. Just like any other sunscreen, it does leave a shiny/oily residue. I neutralize this by layering a powder sunscreen (Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50) on top -- extra SPF protection and it gets rid of the oily sheen.

Overall, GREAT product! I will definitely repurchase, although like I said, I buy the generic version of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by brideie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reasonably priced suncreens that rely on zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide are rare. Look on the back of almost all moisturisers with sunscreen in the stores, and see a chemical soup of irritating ingredients. Even the skin care lines devoted to sensitive skin.
When I saw this moisturizer with sunscreen, I grabbed it quickly.
I have been satisfied with this product. It does not leave a sticky feel, noticeable scent or white cast on my olive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

FINALLY ! I've had such issues with suncreens for the past... umm.. forever! Sometimes i even went without SPF because my makeup would just slide off any sunscreen i put on underneath and i would turn into a grease ball. Well not with this product ladies! This is amazing! Not only is the SPF high enough at 50 (you really don't need more than that honestly unless your job is to bake on a beach all day). Anyway, it goes on smooth, almost like a powder. It's not greasy AT ALL. Absorbs into skin immediately and i gotta say.... it feels almost like a primer but in a good way. Skin is smooth instantly! And it has no fragrance. I put my makeup on after this and it just really almost makes the makeup adhere better if that's possible. I can't explain it. I'm just really glad i found this after all the bad products i've dealt with. It is a tad expensive at almost $15 at Ulta but it's worth it! Overall, i would give this 100 lippies! Will update after a few more days of wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

I really like this product but it burns on my face .. I really want to use it because i love the way my face feels after i use this very smooth and non greasy. I really like this but i think my skin doesnt like it. I have sensitive skin maybe thats why. But if it disnt burn i wouldve gave it 5stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this hoping to replace my Vanicream 60 spf, which has been replaced by the Vanicream 50+, and does not work for my skin. Texture is thin, applies easily but sinks in fast so it is better to work on one section at a time. Has a slight plasticky smell that goes away quickly. No white cast or greasy effect, and makeup applies smoothly over top of it. Price is ok, 1.7 oz for about 13.00 at Walgreens. Only physical sunscreen, and no fragrance. Thought this was working for me, until my face got as dry as the Sahara desert. My normally combo skin was literally flaking off all over. I even moisturized underneath it, even though this is supposed to be moisturizer, and no help. Perhaps in the summer I will try it again. Until then, no repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oily feeling on application, yet made my skin feel dried out and itchy, at the end of the day, AND managed to clogg my pores and give me pimples! I only used it on my neck and it broke out badly there and my face stayed clear with my usual products so it was definitley this. Aso it is very strange that they put scent in a product designed for sensitive skin - it wasn't for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really LOVE this product. I use it every day on my neck and as a base for my powder foundation. It makes an excellent makeup primer/base. The formula isn't greasy (it's very silky, in fact), and the broad-spectrum mineral sunscreens are gentle on my skin which has a tendency to get red and itchy from chemical sunscreens. This product reminds me of Clinique's City Block, but a lot cheaper. I don't see a noticeable white cast, either, which was a problem with some of Neutrogena's past mineral sunscreen formulas. I was interested in trying their "liquid" Purescreen sunscreen, but I couldn't find it in any store, so I tried this product instead, which I found at Walgreens. Great product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEWARE this sunscreen causes breakouts! Unfortunately this is very greasy and does not set to a matte finish. The zinc is also not very high especially since it is supposed to be spf 50. My absolute HG sunscreen is the SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. It is amazing! It is a fluid that dries to a matte finish; perfect for using before makeup application. Definitely try the SkinCeuticals SPF if you are looking for a good physical face sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Kourki13

I really didn't like this sunscreen. It gave me a very noticeable white cast and collected in the large pores on my nose so that it looked like I had a small white ball in each pore - not flattering. I know it's called a moisturizer, but this dried out my skin like crazy. I wish I hadn't wasted the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by nsr

I read another review that this product does have a very "sunscreeny" smell to it. I agree but it does dissipate soon after you apply it. It moisturizes nicely..I can see myself wearing this as a sunscreen on days when I will be outdoors alot not wearing makeup. I think it may be overkill for days when I am not outdoors at all.. I wear at least a 15 everyday regardless. Makes my face feel nice and soft...