Shu Uemura Purenovate Clarifying Lotion

on 11/21/2011 12:46:00 AM

Firstly, I LOVED this toner!!!
Full of praises for it it is like a saver for me for my pimple problems!
I use them after the cleansing oil from Shu Uemura as well and my skin feels so smooth and the condition of my skin is improving!
Even my bf have praises for it since I use it on him too! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Overall I do like this product. This toner is quite strong and at first I thought it was a bit drying because my face felt a bit tight, but when I touched my face it felt very moisturised even before putting on my moisturiser!
I've been using the foaming cleaner (morning), cleansing oil (night) and toner with my Dermalogica moisturisers for about a week now but I haven't seen much change in my current pimples but I have noticed new ones aren't coming up as much. That is definitely a bonus!
The only down side of this (for me personally) is that it isn't a spray like their other toners. I like the sprays because you don't have to use cotton pads and pull at your skin.

I'll definitely repurchase this product - and when my other moisturisers run out I'll buy Shu Uemura's moisturiser too.

UPDATE: its been about 3 weeks and I've moved onto the PUREnovate moisturiser too. They work so well together and my skin is barely oily during the day. My pimples are also diminishing VERY quickly!
Highly recommend!

on 12/31/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this during Sephora FF 20% in fall 2010. I'm glad I took the plunge to try Shu new toner. It's kinda expensive, but then again this is Shu Uemura, made in Japan from high quality. I have oily/acne skin. I'm 29 now and still suffering from adult acne almost everyday. Since July/Aug 2010, my derm prescribed me Spironolactone 50mg and increased to 100mg/day, along with Retin A generic cream 0.05%. 4 months has passed and I do feel the spiro working on me. My face is less oily, less pimples. Believe it or not, I don't touch up with Mac blot anymore, nothing during the day. I normally go thru blotting paper multiple times and touch up with powder. Back to the toner, this doesn't cause any additional dryness in conjunction with Retin A usage. I totally find it an immediate refreshing feeling. Doesn't pull the skin. I just feel clean and fresh. I will repurchase. Doesn't disappoint me.