April 17, 2014 | 1931 users online

Crème - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by tweetyli1

I bought this last summer and was thinking that I need a new one since Spring is here and I'll be outdoors more. I go hiking and walking in the warmer weather and need a good sunscreen in my makeup, especially if I'm not wearing sunscreen underneath. I've been leaning towards cream makeup, though I love the convenience and feel of powder/mineral makeup. My skin is getting drier and this feels nice and moisturizing. I tried the natural ivory shade and it worked well for my fair, cool-toned skin. I haven't worn it in direct sun for hours so I don't know how it holds up with the 55 spf. I haven't noticed sun damage with casual use. My ex-husband saw me walking with this on and zoomed in close and said "You look good for an old lady". Gee, thanks I guess. I suppose that's a positive testimonial for the makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

First off - as is typical for Neutrogena foundations/base make-up for me, there isn't a shade available that matches my yellow-toned NC20 skin. I tried #20 Natural Ivory, #30 Buff and #40 Nude. Natural Ivory is ok but a bit too pink/light, Buff and Nude are too peach and oxidise too dark.

Other than that, I found this thick, drying, yet greasy. It smells strongly of sunscreen which I don't really like but could deal with if the product was good. But it's not. It's difficult to blend and looks so gross and cakey. Feels super heavy and unnatural. It's like applying wax and Elmer's glue to your face. No thanks. Returned. I'm not even sure what skin type this could work for, if any.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting a lot more from this product than what I got. I've heard other reviews on it saying it was great and had great coverage, but all I got was a greasy mess. I purchased the lightest shade, 'classic ivory 10', but it came out like a light beige with yellow undertones. While the product itself was thick and had good texture, the moment I put it on my skin it brought out the worst. It clung to dry patches and made my T-zone oilier than it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

I only use this when I'm too lazy to do my normal routine. I use a FLAT BRUSH. Ladies, if you know makeup, you know that sometimes the applicator that comes with the product, mostly sucks. Use a flat top brush with this and it will be much better. Anyway, this is pretty bad for my t zone. It gets oily. But I use De Slick for that. I moisturize and use a primer under this, it's good for lazy days. But not for every day. It smells like sunblock though. It's also easily removed, which isn't always a good thing. So don't be making out with this stuff on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

i purchased this in the color natural beige 60 for about 15$ at Walmart which is very overpriced for this product that barely even last and is poorly made. (or at least for my skin) When you open the compact there is a mirror and then under the mirror is a foam applicator. Looking from the outside of the compact it looks very creamy and smooth but when i opened it looked the complete opposite. I don't know if it was just mine or all of them are like this but it looks like it has little chunks of something in it and no matter how much you rub it around inside they stay chunky however when you rub it in on your skin these small "chunks" disappear. I bought this product because i was going on vacation to the beach and i wanted a makeup with spf in it so that when i go out to eat or anywhere i wont get sunburnt more, i noticed i started getting acne and after wearing this foundation for a while it would get streaky and come off in some areas and my face would be SUPER shiny. however i thought this was just because i was near the beach and it was because of the sun BUT when i got home i tried it again and it did the same thing. It also made my skin more dry making it look more cakey. i really do hate this product and feel as though cheaper products could have done a far more better job than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY: This product contains oxybenzone which is a PHOTOCARCINOGEN. This means that when it is exposed to sunlight it become more toxic. Be aware of this- it is one of the main active ingredients!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If I could rate this a zero I would! No coverage, no lasting power, it feels heavy, turns orange. Eww. Overall horrible. Save your money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ksalcido24

I bought this because of the spf and I used it for 2 days and threw it away. Neutrogena products just do nothing for me...especially after this I've just given up on this brand and for how expensive this brand is,its really gotten ridiculous.I paid almost $15 dollers for this crap.Whats the deal with foundations colors these days?I'm super fair and i got the lightest color possible and it still made me look orange. Definatly sticking with tinted moisterizers for now on.I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Samble

First off I must say, this coverup is a bit expensive for the quality. Don't get me wrong, this makeup isn't trash by a long shot, but it really isn't that amazing. (Especially since I got it from Walmart for about 12 dollars.

Good Points:
Covers EXTREMELY WELL. You can't see anything under the places where you covered.
Looks good.
You can apply with your fingers.
Contains SPF.
Has an applying sponge.

Bad Points:
It burns a little when you put it on chapped skin. My upper skin right by my right eye is a bit pimply and chapped, and when I put on the cover up it does burn.
You have to put it on just right or it streaks.
Feels a bit heavy. /:

So bottom line, it's an ok cover up if you're on a pretty tight budget, HOWEVER if you can manage to spend a little more, there's definitely a better product out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This had no lasting power, was streaky when applied with the sponge it comes with, and really clogged my pores. The most unfortunate thing was that I hit pan after only two weeks of using it, and it was something like $14 or $15. I was so disgusted I just threw it in the garbage. Never again.