August 20, 2014 | 1320 users online

Crème - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wonderful texture, melts on your skin, SPF 55 is great, especially if you have rosacea, like me. Shade 60 Natural Beige works very well with my Pantone summer skin. So I give it 5 stars for doing what is supposed to do: protect you from the sun, not exacerbate acne, and provide moderate coverage without drying or being excessively oily. It combines well with powder if you like a more matte look. Make sure your skin is smooth, not flaky because it will get trapped in the flakes, however it does not get trapped in pores, and does not accentuate them..
However, I took 3 stars off the packaging because the plastic compact hinge broke, and I was reduced to using a plastic band to keep it together. Messy, though. Also, I never used the sponge, used my fingers instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkgirl17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure why this product has bad reviews. I do have dry skin so maybe that's it. However, this product made me look and feel like a supermodel! Never have I had a foundation that made my skin so flawless. Great packaging with a mirror, sponge applicator, and foundation. To die for. Must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by tweetyli1

I bought this last summer and was thinking that I need a new one since Spring is here and I'll be outdoors more. I go hiking and walking in the warmer weather and need a good sunscreen in my makeup, especially if I'm not wearing sunscreen underneath. I've been leaning towards cream makeup, though I love the convenience and feel of powder/mineral makeup. My skin is getting drier and this feels nice and moisturizing. I tried the natural ivory shade and it worked well for my fair, cool-toned skin. I haven't worn it in direct sun for hours so I don't know how it holds up with the 55 spf. I haven't noticed sun damage with casual use. My ex-husband saw me walking with this on and zoomed in close and said "You look good for an old lady". Gee, thanks I guess. I suppose that's a positive testimonial for the makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

First off - as is typical for Neutrogena foundations/base make-up for me, there isn't a shade available that matches my yellow-toned NC20 skin. I tried #20 Natural Ivory, #30 Buff and #40 Nude. Natural Ivory is ok but a bit too pink/light, Buff and Nude are too peach and oxidise too dark.

Other than that, I found this thick, drying, yet greasy. It smells strongly of sunscreen which I don't really like but could deal with if the product was good. But it's not. It's difficult to blend and looks so gross and cakey. Feels super heavy and unnatural. It's like applying wax and Elmer's glue to your face. No thanks. Returned. I'm not even sure what skin type this could work for, if any.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting a lot more from this product than what I got. I've heard other reviews on it saying it was great and had great coverage, but all I got was a greasy mess. I purchased the lightest shade, 'classic ivory 10', but it came out like a light beige with yellow undertones. While the product itself was thick and had good texture, the moment I put it on my skin it brought out the worst. It clung to dry patches and made my T-zone oilier than it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

I only use this when I'm too lazy to do my normal routine. I use a FLAT BRUSH. Ladies, if you know makeup, you know that sometimes the applicator that comes with the product, mostly sucks. Use a flat top brush with this and it will be much better. Anyway, this is pretty bad for my t zone. It gets oily. But I use De Slick for that. I moisturize and use a primer under this, it's good for lazy days. But not for every day. It smells like sunblock though. It's also easily removed, which isn't always a good thing. So don't be making out with this stuff on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

i purchased this in the color natural beige 60 for about 15$ at Walmart which is very overpriced for this product that barely even last and is poorly made. (or at least for my skin) When you open the compact there is a mirror and then under the mirror is a foam applicator. Looking from the outside of the compact it looks very creamy and smooth but when i opened it looked the complete opposite. I don't know if it was just mine or all of them are like this but it looks like it has little chunks of something in it and no matter how much you rub it around inside they stay chunky however when you rub it in on your skin these small "chunks" disappear. I bought this product because i was going on vacation to the beach and i wanted a makeup with spf in it so that when i go out to eat or anywhere i wont get sunburnt more, i noticed i started getting acne and after wearing this foundation for a while it would get streaky and come off in some areas and my face would be SUPER shiny. however i thought this was just because i was near the beach and it was because of the sun BUT when i got home i tried it again and it did the same thing. It also made my skin more dry making it look more cakey. i really do hate this product and feel as though cheaper products could have done a far more better job than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY: This product contains oxybenzone which is a PHOTOCARCINOGEN. This means that when it is exposed to sunlight it become more toxic. Be aware of this- it is one of the main active ingredients!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If I could rate this a zero I would! No coverage, no lasting power, it feels heavy, turns orange. Eww. Overall horrible. Save your money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ksalcido24

I bought this because of the spf and I used it for 2 days and threw it away. Neutrogena products just do nothing for me...especially after this I've just given up on this brand and for how expensive this brand is,its really gotten ridiculous.I paid almost $15 dollers for this crap.Whats the deal with foundations colors these days?I'm super fair and i got the lightest color possible and it still made me look orange. Definatly sticking with tinted moisterizers for now on.I would not recommend this product to anyone.