Max Mara Kashmina Touch

3.0

on 2/11/2013 2:47:00 AM

Pennypencil's review brings up some great points - Max Mara Kashmina Touch is Italian - the home of D&G Sicily, original, and Light Blue, and a country where perfumers value the powdery and citric for women.

As such, MMKT fits in perfectly. Its cedar meets rich, yummy lemon on a bed of clean musk with a very delicate amber touch sweetening the whole. This can be a little pointed - I'd test before wearing to the office. But if it works on your skin it's quite warm and comforting.

The overall vibe is citrus wood, sweetened, and a clean/soap kind of musky. Bottle pretty but irritatingly prone to falling over.

on 4/24/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love the original Max Mara not this one. The bottle is nicer though.

on 12/31/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

What a lovely fragrance this is. I received this in a swap and I am over the moon with it. Though comparisons could be made (and will be), I havenít found anything quite like this before.
Firstly, the bottle is weighty and a comfortable shape in oneís palm. The brown gradient is attractive, and nicely 1970s. I know nothing about Max Mara, except that itís Italian, and I do somewhat appreciate the ferocious femininity of Italian scents, which tend to be womanly and powdery Ė think Dolce and Gabanna Sicily, or Fendi Palazzo. This is not like those scents, but it does have a dryness I find quite Italian, rightly or wrongly.
Kashmina Touch is nearly gourmand, but has a pepperiness that prevents it from being cloying. Rather the whole composition is quite transparent and light. My boyfriend says it smells herbal, but itís sweeter than, say, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, which I can connect to this, in a tenuous way. Believe it or not, itís a bit like a blend of Kyoto and D&G Light Blue, then watered down to be light and airy. A burst of gentle mandarin on first spray disperses to become woody and a touch milky, not a million miles away from Kenzo Amour.
I donít know how this scent manages to be simultaneously milky and dry, but it does.

Popular Fragrances