Chanel Particuliere

4.5

on 2/4/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a perfect greige nail varnish with a creme finish. It's so versatile and looks good on all skintones. I'm very pale with cool toned skin and it's so flattering!! It's such a unique colour it almost looks as if there's a slight mauve tint in it. It's very well pigmented and applies perfectly. I would definitely repurchase!!

on 10/19/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

YES! YES! YES! A thousand times YES! I would buy this color over and over and over again. Chanel nail polishes are just the best. NOTHING even comes close to the lasting power and creamy glossy affect these give off. I wore this polish 3 weeks straight and it did not chip! Basecoat: Sinful; Topcoat: Orly Sec' n Dry; and I go over it every day with a clear Revlon topcoat from the line of Colorstay polishes they use to sell (I've got like 20 of them). Chanel polishes wear like a 'no-chip' mani. There's nothing like them.

Now, for the color...it's beautiful, elegant, mature without aging the hands, and looks good on long or short nails. I'd been looking for a darker tone that I could wear on my longer nails (they've grown alot) without looking like Morticia Adams. I was looking for a greyish khaki color that would look good on longer nails, the same as with short nail. After trying on several shades that had a dark tinge, this one won. It looks amazing glossy and matte. It's worth every penny.

on 5/9/2012 9:26:00 AM

This was the first Chanel nail varnish I bought and since then it's become the only brand I buy! The packaging is beautiful, and the glossy dark taupe shade is very chic. I wear this shade a lot in the autumn, and it looks fab against my nude leather jacket which I practically live in!

on 3/19/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The taupe color has been huge in the past couple of years , and I couldn't resist getting my hands on this highly popular shade from Chanel. My all-time favorite nail colors are cream and ballet pink, but taupe is now on heavy rotation as well. This color feels so luxurious and chic, and it reminds me of the Hermes bags in the luscious Etoupe shade and Particuliere is almost exactly this color.

on 1/15/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Elegant, that's the word I'd use to describe this colour.

It's technically taupe but on my nails a lot of the grey seemed to disappear and I was left with a muted brown (which is fine by me). My theory is that darker, yellow skin tones (I have the South East Asian skin that tans within 10 seconds of sun exposure) cancels out grey tones in nail polishes (Paradoxal, the famed grey purple, just looks purple on me). The effect of the muted brown, looked very elegant.

I would definately recommend a topcoat with this. After a day or so, the initial shine of the nail polish on it's own (and boy is it glossy!), seems to fade but it's nothing that a top coat doesn't revamp.

Application is a dream (I've had absolutely no problems with the Chanel cremes, though I have some issues with streaky shimmer polishes). It's opaque in one coat, but a second coat ensures you have no gaps. I didn't have any issues with streakiness or bubbling.

Also, my nails stayed pristine for 3 days with no tip wear or chipping (which is when I decided to change colours) which is something of a minor miracle for me.

on 9/3/2011 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm a huge fan of Chanel polishes for the most part, and this one definitely doesn't disappoint. Being a huge HOOR for taupey/mushroom shades, I had to have this. Granted, it's not incredibly unique ... It's fairly similar to OPI Over the Taupe, Essie Mink Muffs, etc., but I'm always more than willing to welcome another taupe shade into my stash.

As with most of my Chanels, the quality and application are fabulous. Application is fantastic, opacity is great (2 coats = perfection), doesn't stream and has the perfect consistency. Not entirely sure if it's worth the $23+ splurge if you're just looking for a standard taupe, but I absolutely love it! continued >>

on 7/30/2011 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

gorgeous color. even my mom, who isn't a fan of nail polish, said she likes this color a lot.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this color. I know that it is not something particularly unique and amazing, but it has that something in itself that made ​​me do some huge back-ups :D
Aaaaand - it's Chanel. When I'm wearing Particuliere I feel like a lady - even when I'm in my sweat pants and hoodie :D

Consistency is awesome - thick and creamy. Brush also is awesome. And this pretty bottle and pretty cap *le sigh* I love Chanel's polishes :)

on 2/27/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Although I love the colour soo much, I cant find anything else that would justify the price! It works just like all my other nail polishes, last just as long, dry just as fast. I'm sure I can find a dupe of alot of the colours in a cheaper brand. I brought this with a gift card, soo it wan't my money completely, but even with that, i still feel its a waste of gift credits!

on 2/25/2011 2:11:00 PM

Sorry to be the lone dissenter on this product so far, but I would not repurchase. As a huge positive plus, I LOVE the color. It's a mushroomy taupe, or like cocoa and taupe mixed with just a hint of plum/red to it. It's a very attractive and chic color, and looks great on shorter, manicured nails. However my main gripes with the polish are 1) the application and 2) the cost, considering the poor application. The first stroke of polish went on beautifully, however this is a thick polish and became streaky and gloppy with each subsequent brush stroke (I do three/four fast strokes- tops). While the product gives great coverage, I would expect a faultlessly smooth application from such an expensive luxury brand product. The color, while gorgeous, unfortunately really isn't that unique and there are comparable colors out there for much less (and with much smoother application, I might add). I would compare this color-wise to Butter London's "Fash Pack," and I would choose the Butter polish over the Chanel, hands down, any day. I will use this up, but canít justify future repurchase for such an expensive product thatís mediocre at best. This was my first- and last- Chanel polish purchase. IMO, for color selection and wearability of a luxury-type polish, Butter London polishes are the best (and cheaper). If you want to spend more on a price point comparable to Chanel, Iíd go with Deborah Lippmann. Both the Butter and Lippmann product lines are devoted almost exclusively to nail polish and nail care, know their product well, consistently produce great products with great results, and the color selections for both brands are exceptional.

Popular Polishes