Studio 35 Makeup Brushes - General/All

2.9

on 2/13/2015 3:32:00 PM

Oh heck no..!!
I might use a 'bargain' brush now and then, but not these..
I bought these on Clearance at Walgreens and as usual I washed them first with my Sonia Kashuk brush cleaner. These when I wet them had an "automobile" smell..??--like a motor-oil, grease-monkey, car-garage smell..?? what is up with that..??
I washed them twice and they still had that horrible, awful smell.

Also as soon as I ran these under water, they shed like crazy.
Sometimes a bargain is not really a bargain.

The smell was just putrid!!!
And while I might forgive a somewhat shedding brush, not these, they shed that bad.
Also they felt very rough and scratch, so I would imagine on my sensitive skin (combined wwith that awful smell they put off??!), this would cause me irritations and problems.

I should have returned these, but I just wanted them out of my sight.
And being I bought them on Clearance anyway, I decided to just take the loss and consider it a lesson learned.

Besides, I am really not a fan of brushes shedding.
I always seem to have a makeup brush bristle show up on my face at the most in-appropriate times.

I say invest in some good brushes, even if it is the Real Techniques ones (sometimes you can catch them on sale, great time to buy them!!). It will save you in the long run to buy better quality brushes.

I am not sure if every one of their brushes has this awful smell and terrible roughness and horrible shedding, but each of the brushes in this set did. So therefor I would not buy any of their brushes again. Would not recommend and definitely would not re-purchase. Not a 'good deal' when something is this bad, imo.

I bought these thinking I would maybe just pop them in my purse for touch-ups (not worry about losing them or them getting beat-up), not for regular makeup application, but no..just no..into the garbage they went!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Cheap, low quality product. Ecotools is my favorite brand, but I just happened to purchase this ones a while ago on a whim because they were so cheap (to broaden my brush collection). I purchased the blush brush and many eyeshadow brushes. They shed a lot, also, the bristles are very stiff and coarse and don't happen to pick up a lot of product. Washing them is a risk just because they loose so much hair! It's really a product you shouldn't spend money on. Save it until you have enough money to buy good quality brushes (Ecotools is not that expensive and they last a lifetime). Your face and pocket will thank you.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I picked up the double ended brush - one side looks like a pencil brush and the other side was like a fluffy shader brush. The pencil side was alright. I use it to apply colors directly into my crease. I found that it wasn't dense enough to smudge out liners or to apply shadows along my bottom lash line. The fluffy shader side is my favorite!! I use this to apply shadows all over lid. Also, if my blending brushes are dirty, ill use this side to blend out my shadows. Studio35 brushes are inexpensive yet pretty good. Definitely would repurchase! :)

on 8/29/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Today I bought the 4 piece mineral makeup brush set, it has a stippling brush, a powder/blush brush, a concealer brush, and an angled fluffy eyeshadow brush. I washed all of them but the apparently I didn't wash the stippling brush well enough because it still shed a tiny bit like three bristles was all though. I've never had any foundation or concealer brushes before so I can't judge how amazing they are compared to MAC or Sigma or anything. But I really love the stippling brush I used it for my revlon colorstay and it worked amazing and it's really soft. I love the concealer brush too it's the perfect size. The powder/blush brush is great its very soft and works really well for just dusting blush on your cheeks or for using it with your setting powder. The eyeshadow brush is good for blending or for a highlight under the brow.

on 3/25/2011 10:37:00 AM

I wish I could say maybe on the "would you buy again" question. Was in Walgreens yesterday and saw a kit that had a stippler brush so I grabbed it. Needed to replace my beloved MAC 187 stippler because my daughter apparently thought mine was an orphan and gave it a new home in HER makeup bag...haha. Anyway, just wanted something cheap/comparable and I think the Studio 35 is a decent alternative to the high priced MAC. Granted the quality is not nearly as plush and soft as the MAC but it will satisfy my foundation needs ok for a while. It did shed a little when washing for the first time but havn't really seen any since.

on 3/6/2011 12:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Maybe it was just mine but they kept shedding :/

on 12/30/2010 9:52:00 PM

PROS: Good cases/covers. Most have very good quality. If not, they're still decent. So inexpensive. Love the eyeshadow brushes the most.

CONS: Not in love with the powder or blush brushes. Pretty cheap quality on those. But just as good as Cover Girl or Maybelline, etc.