July 29, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mood Lip Gloss

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by scientistudies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because a client I worked on *loved* this product for its durability as a stain and its reasonable price. I'm not very impressed. Sure, it gives a flush pink shade to your lips, but the color almost looks too pink, especially after you re-apply. Is anyone else concerned with the fact that one of the ingredients is aspartame? I want to just toss it now that I actually read what's in it. Beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just purchased it today and instantly fell in love. It starts off clear and quickly turns into a reddish shade on my lips. It has a glossy texture and finish. It is an ideal quick pick me up if your on the go and don't want to mess with liner and lipstick. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by salsacatblue

I pick this up on the whim along with lip butter gloss. I am really happy that I did. I bought romantic love and it's very natural rose pink. Formula is buy runny, but not too sticky and glossiness doesn't last that long but it leaves pretty stain on my lips! Very light weight which I love. Reminds me of baby lips gloss from Japan which was also drug store cosmetic.
I need to get the rest of colors now. For about $4 it's hard to beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first one I bought was Sensual, which turns a mulberry shade on your lips after a few seconds. I love the scent! However, the shade didn't look too good on me, too deep of a purple for my skin tone but that isn't the company's fault at all. So when I purchased the shade in Affectionate, I was pretty excited FIRST because it smells deliciously like strawberries, AND it turns a delightful sheer shade of pink on my mouth. SO DANG PRETTY!

If you're looking for a natural lip gloss to pair with smokey eyes or even just something to slick on for every day, I suggest this shade. It's really just perfect.

I'll probably scoop up the third shade, it's supposed to be a sheer red. I love how smooth the applicator is, they dont flake away and they do make my lips look a little fuller without being sticky. Great gloss, NYX...thanks!!

**If you have a deep skin tone, the Sensual shade would look amazing on you**

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by NellieX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just received the NYX Mood Gloss in Sensual this morning. So far, I really like it. The color is nice, it's my lip color but better. The texture is nice and silky, and keeps my lips hydrated. The gloss has a pleasant cherry smell, and an unobtrusive flavor. The only thing I don't like about this produce is that it doesn't last very long. I put it on at about 8 o clock this morning, it's now 1:30, and I've had to reapply twice. Also, I wish it came in a tube with a wand, as I have to really squeeze in order to get the product out.

Overall, I think I would purchase this product again, and just keep a tube in my purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

I'm not a fan of this lip gloss. It has a very thin consistency that slips on the lips and the color it turns on me is way too bright for my liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cmartin02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had tried Smashbox's color adjusting lip gloss and loved it but couldn't imagine spending $23 on a tiny tube of lip gloss! I asked the Ulta sales associate if there was a cheap version and she pointed me to this. Plus it was on sale so I got it for $2, which I figured was perfect in case it stunk. Surprisingly it was exactly the same as the Smashbox version! On me it turns a berry red and I love how it's smooth without being sticky. I always keep it in my purse now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Magic lip gloss starts off clear then turns into the most perfect shade of reddish-pink on your lips. It's a tube of heavenly shiny bliss and you couldn't be any more natural and sexier!" That is what it says on the tube itself. Okay so does it do what it says? Yes, it starts off clear. It turned medium raspberry/rose pink within a couple of minutes and the shade was really pretty on me.It feels moist and slippery on but not sticky, tacky, or waxy. There really isn't much fragrance, it seems to be lightly cherry scented. It does have a somewhat cherry chapstick taste though and I am not too fond of that as I do not like chapstick, This does change to a very pretty rose shade but really didn't look reddish on me at all. Indeed it is shiny and very pretty and natural looking on. Sexy, yes, Pouty glossy wet lips are always sexy. Heavenly bliss is taking it a bit far. As with any gloss it requires reapplication every couple of hours.
This has a screw off cap and is packaged in an angle tipped squeeze tube so it was easy to apply and no messy wand to deal with.The only problem with that it is it is too easy to get too much product out and then you can't put it back.
Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and for $3.97 I'll gladly repurchase. It's nice not to have to figure out which color is going to match my mood or my outfit, I just apply this and go and it does all the work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I bought this lipgloss at Ulta mostly because I was very curious. A lipgloss that starts out clear and then changes to my perfect reddish/pink?...interesting. It was only a couple dollars, so I bought it. It's very shiny and slippery. It starts out clear and then turns to a pinkish red on my lips. It gives a pretty sheen, but it's not my favorite gloss I own for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

I bought the original mood gloss several years ago as a more affordable substitute to Smashbox's O-Gloss. First, it's a great dupe. Second, it's a great product! It visibly changes color on your lips, and it turns a beautiful color. The gloss is neither too thick nor too thin, which is hard to find. Today I bought the two other colors and couldn't be happier! A little goes a long way, which I think is lovely. I'll definitely be repurchasing again!