NYX Mood Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This lip gloss is just okay in my opinion. I'm not sure why it is called "mood" lip gloss because it didn't seem to change colors on me. I tried the Sensual and Affectionate. The Sensual was a little too dark and gloppy for me, but the Affectionate was a really pretty clear, shiny pink and very flattering. These were not long lasting and I did have a problem with them "bleeding" outside of my lip line until I solved the problem with Milani anti-feathering lip liner. I did find them to be fairly moisturizing so if you don't mind reapplying throughout the day this product will make your lips nice and soft. I bought this on sale at Target for very little $ and will use it not to be wasteful, however I probably won't purchase this item again. Check out my YouTube review for more details!

on 12/24/2014 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually gave these a rating of 4/5. I'm not a fan of glosses, but these were nice.

They went on mostly clear as advertised, and were true to color once they did their color-change thing. Upon application, the texture is a little overwhelmingly glossy, but that goes away very quickly and left my lips a little bit hydrated, which is always a bonus.

I swatched these on my hand and they looked very pink, but when they're on your lips they look a lot more natural. Romantic Love would flatter most people rather nicely. The Smile Brightener had a very powerful mint smell and feel, so be cautious of that. It's not my favorite flavor ever, but it really does whiten your smile so is worth the mintyness. The other two colors are meh. Like someone else mentioned, Sensual doesn't really change color and just sits on your lips in an unflattering way. It does eventually change, but it takes a while. Affectionate is okay, but too sparkly and pink (which is what it's supposed to be.)

Just a warning; I can not wash the stain left behind from this gloss off my hand. It became FRACTIONALLY more muted, but that's it. Makeup remover isn't helping very much either, so it appears that I will have a few pink stains on my hand the next day or two. Which is great for me because I look like I have naturally pretty lips all the time.

UPDATE;
I bought backups for Romantic Love and Smile Brightener because they have become a staple in my makeup routine. Sensual and Affectionate still suck.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this because a client I worked on *loved* this product for its durability as a stain and its reasonable price. I'm not very impressed. Sure, it gives a flush pink shade to your lips, but the color almost looks too pink, especially after you re-apply. Is anyone else concerned with the fact that one of the ingredients is aspartame? I want to just toss it now that I actually read what's in it. Beware.

on 1/25/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just purchased it today and instantly fell in love. It starts off clear and quickly turns into a reddish shade on my lips. It has a glossy texture and finish. It is an ideal quick pick me up if your on the go and don't want to mess with liner and lipstick. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/13/2014 5:39:00 PM

I pick this up on the whim along with lip butter gloss. I am really happy that I did. I bought romantic love and it's very natural rose pink. Formula is buy runny, but not too sticky and glossiness doesn't last that long but it leaves pretty stain on my lips! Very light weight which I love. Reminds me of baby lips gloss from Japan which was also drug store cosmetic.
I need to get the rest of colors now. For about $4 it's hard to beat.

on 8/26/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The first one I bought was Sensual, which turns a mulberry shade on your lips after a few seconds. I love the scent! However, the shade didn't look too good on me, too deep of a purple for my skin tone but that isn't the company's fault at all. So when I purchased the shade in Affectionate, I was pretty excited FIRST because it smells deliciously like strawberries, AND it turns a delightful sheer shade of pink on my mouth. SO DANG PRETTY!

If you're looking for a natural lip gloss to pair with smokey eyes or even just something to slick on for every day, I suggest this shade. It's really just perfect.

I'll probably scoop up the third shade, it's supposed to be a sheer red. I love how smooth the applicator is, they dont flake away and they do make my lips look a little fuller without being sticky. Great gloss, NYX...thanks!!

**If you have a deep skin tone, the Sensual shade would look amazing on you**

on 7/16/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just received the NYX Mood Gloss in Sensual this morning. So far, I really like it. The color is nice, it's my lip color but better. The texture is nice and silky, and keeps my lips hydrated. The gloss has a pleasant cherry smell, and an unobtrusive flavor. The only thing I don't like about this produce is that it doesn't last very long. I put it on at about 8 o clock this morning, it's now 1:30, and I've had to reapply twice. Also, I wish it came in a tube with a wand, as I have to really squeeze in order to get the product out.

Overall, I think I would purchase this product again, and just keep a tube in my purse.

on 7/12/2013 10:29:00 AM

I'm not a fan of this lip gloss. It has a very thin consistency that slips on the lips and the color it turns on me is way too bright for my liking.

on 5/17/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had tried Smashbox's color adjusting lip gloss and loved it but couldn't imagine spending $23 on a tiny tube of lip gloss! I asked the Ulta sales associate if there was a cheap version and she pointed me to this. Plus it was on sale so I got it for $2, which I figured was perfect in case it stunk. Surprisingly it was exactly the same as the Smashbox version! On me it turns a berry red and I love how it's smooth without being sticky. I always keep it in my purse now.

on 5/16/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

"Magic lip gloss starts off clear then turns into the most perfect shade of reddish-pink on your lips. It's a tube of heavenly shiny bliss and you couldn't be any more natural and sexier!" That is what it says on the tube itself. Okay so does it do what it says? Yes, it starts off clear. It turned medium raspberry/rose pink within a couple of minutes and the shade was really pretty on me.It feels moist and slippery on but not sticky, tacky, or waxy. There really isn't much fragrance, it seems to be lightly cherry scented. It does have a somewhat cherry chapstick taste though and I am not too fond of that as I do not like chapstick, This does change to a very pretty rose shade but really didn't look reddish on me at all. Indeed it is shiny and very pretty and natural looking on. Sexy, yes, Pouty glossy wet lips are always sexy. Heavenly bliss is taking it a bit far. As with any gloss it requires reapplication every couple of hours.
This has a screw off cap and is packaged in an angle tipped squeeze tube so it was easy to apply and no messy wand to deal with.The only problem with that it is it is too easy to get too much product out and then you can't put it back.
Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and for $3.97 I'll gladly repurchase. It's nice not to have to figure out which color is going to match my mood or my outfit, I just apply this and go and it does all the work.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

NYX Mood Lip Gloss and Milani Anti-feathering Lip liner ~ Review and Demo by Denim Vixen

Recommended for Medium Skin