October 20, 2014 | 872 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - i-series Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

Unlike the other viewers I have never bought an expensive iron. But in my teen days i loved the pin straight hair. And there was no straightener that I bought that woul do it for me. cringing thinking about now actually i used to use a clothes iron on low seting with a towel to straighten my hair. I know EEEEEK! But after realizing it was severely bad for my hair I stopped and made due with half straight hair using my sisters Rusk iron. Until I bought this.. WOW. It gets my hair so ridiculously straight and shiny I'm in awe! And I only paid 30 bucks for this? Yay!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

My hair is thick and unruly. I bought the iron exactly as displayed in the above picture but there is nothing on the box or iron itself that identifies it as in i-series. The plates in mine are pink. It heats up to 400 degrees and it does not have any combs. It has a turbo function that beats all of the irons that I have ever tried, from Chi to Sedu or Solia. I cannot believe that I bought this from Target for only $18, including tax. It works like a dream. It takes care of all of the curls and frizz within the first attempt (as mentioned in the turbo level). It does not burn the hair althought I use Kerastase Oleo Relax and then iron my hair. This is truly a gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by missytingarland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this flat iron when I got to my mom's one weekend without my Chi. I thought, oh well...it's only a weekend. Guess what...THIS IS MY FAV flat iron ever!! It has the little combs to guide your hair through it and it doesn't get so hot that it fries my hair. And my hair is so sleek and shiney when I'm done. I thought I would leave this at my mom's house for the next time I left my Chi, but this baby came home with me. The Chi is now under my sink in a box for extras. BTW, I have waist length blonde highlighted hair. It's thick and curly and very difficult to work with. And this iron has cut my styling time in half. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So your going to think this is a joke. But this is actually one of the best flat irons I've used. I have used many flat irons mostly professional ones and when I got this for christmas I wasn't even going to try it and just return it. I always thought conair was a total joke when it came to any form of hair appliances, but when I read all the things on the box it "says" it does I thought, meh I could try it to give better justification to return it. (
Well. I won't be returning it. It is about 30$ canadian. And it does just as good of a job as any of my bizzillion other flat irons. It goes to 395f or 195c and makes my hair very straight and shiney. So really it comes down to if your rich and don't care about price then sure - go buy a ghd or chi every 6 months when they break because you dropped them or freyed the cord etc, but I will be replacing my cheapo Conair every 6 months for 30$ and not caring when I break it.
My friends even commented on how shiney my hair was the other day and when I told her my new flat iron she just about fell down. She couldn't believe I was converted to the "walmart flat iron" but when I let her borrow it she was shocked too - She will be purchasing herself one for travel.