September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Bubble and Bee- Organic Anti-Aging Face Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by RemarkableJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my eco-beauty kit staples this is basic and effective moisturizer for the face that is made with simple ingredients that doesn't sensitize my skin. It's made with organic shea butter which makes a great emollient depending on how thickly it's applied (a little does go a looooong way though which makes this a good value too). It melts into the skin but it can make it a little shiny at first so it's important to not overload. I apply it on my lips as well to give them a good moisturized base after I've washed my face or gotten out of the shower (I've tried using it as just a lip gloss but it absorbs too quickly and the shine doesn't seem to last long enough which is why I just use it as lip moisture base). The packaging is cute and hilarious but there's a lot of text on it so be prepared for a bit of a read (also they seem to use a little excess packaging from what I remember, like a box within a box and then the tub of cream...I recycle all that stuff but it's something to note).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mhorton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream is GREAT!!!

I moved to LA a couple of years ago and my skin has become totally sensitive to any allergens, breaks out all the time, is oily yet totally dried out, and a mess in general. As a product freak, I used several different creams - from Malin + Goetz to Jurlique to Dr. Hauschka to Derma E to MyChelle and so on, and on. Nothing seemed to work. I tried this based on the MakeupAlley reviews - to my surprise! I figured $22 was not a big investment to see if this might help.

As soon as I got this out of the jar I was confused - this is like real body butter, oily, and thick. I slathered it on and I didn't quite get it. It felt like it sat on my skin and didn't sink in. I was afraid I would break out. Why was it getting these awesome reviews??

I went back to the reviews and noticed several peeps recommended using (most likely, 1/8 of the amount I used) and adding some water. After making these changes the cream has been spectacular!!! No break outs at all, no irritation, I got the hydration feeling from using it with water, and the most amazing thing is that I wake up with NO under-eye circles! It's the strangest thing - I woke up the first couple of days and did a double-take - no darkness under my eyes!! MAGIC!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by JJI74

Love, Love, Love.....I bought this based on the positive reviews and so glad I did. A very little bit goes a very long way. I usually scoop out a small bit and warm it in my hands before spreading on my face. It's smooth, creamy and with my dry skin, it soaks in immediately and you can see the difference. My skin looks hydrated and wrinkles are slightly diminished. The packaging is great - all recycled. This is definitely a HG for me! I've spent forever trying to find a moisturizer that works, and now I've found it. :) The non scented is also a huge plus. I have sensitive, acne prone dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEST FACE CREAM EVER! thank you MUAers, being from the UK i would have never found this product and i am SO glad i did!
I can firmly say i will never be buying another brand of face cream ever again! it has really improved my skin and my first fine lines that were starting to rear their ugly head have vanished, the dark circles under my eyes (genetic might i add) have gone (no other eye cream has EVER gotten rid of em)!...and i've only been using it for 5 days
I honestly can't believe that something with only 3 ingredients can have such a fantastic result!
I urge you all to buy some and try it for your self!
the only negative i have is that i can't buy it in England, i have to order it from the US and the air miles i'm goin to clock up repurchasing it will make me feel guilty about my CO2 footprint :S
------------------------------
3 months in and still using it, i'm about half way down my first tub, and still SO glad i bought it! and i can feel slightly smug that my skin looks healthier, and younger then all my friends ;)
I can't recommend this stuff more! where ever you are in the world definitely give it a go, you'll NEVER regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this face cream. It sounds intimidating using a face cream with oil and butter for someone with very reactive & acne prone sensitive skin. I have been using this face cream on and off for about 2 years. I was looking for a face cream with simple and NO unrealistic magical claims!! I tried many expansive dept. store brands like Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Sisley etc...the list goes on & on until they all RUINED my skin and caused acne outbreaks. Then I would use this face cream to help my face heal and keep my skin moisturized.

I got my fiance to try this face cream since he did not use any skin care & his face was always dry with flakes from psoriasis medications. He has very sensitive skin & is prone to psoriasis outbreak so I was glad this cream works great for him. He was hooked on this cream & started using this religiously. I followed his footstep & stopped switching between different brands.

Here is my review for the cream:

Texture --> very nice and creamy, but you need to be careful not using too much b/c it can be too oily if you use too much.

Skin Effects --> keeps my skin healthy & moisturized!! No unreal magical claims like other face cream I have purchased. Also, it is fragrance free so it does NOT cause skin rash, redness or irritation on my skin. Fragrance makes me sneeze & give me headaches. Also, I have NOT break out from this face cream yet (NO blackheads, white bumps, and cyst acne). This cream also works GREAT under eyes, so I don't need to buy another cream for my eyes.

Ingredients --> They are the BEST ingredients you can find. It's SIMPLE & USDA ORGANIC! Face creams with too many ingredients often clogs my pores, make me break out, or cause allergic reactions. With only 3 ingredients, I know which ingredient my skin will react badly to!! Luckily, my skin loves these ingredients so far & has not have any bad reactions.

This cream is GREAT underneath Tazorac (Retinol cream)! I'm using the strongest strength of Tazorac & my skin dries and peels during the day. This cream helps keeping my skin moisturized & helps my skin tolerate the Side effects of Retinol!

FYI: My skin type is oily around the T-zone with very large pores and deep acne scars. I suffer from acne for more than 15 years. I have sensitive and dry cheeks. My hairline gets skin rash when I use the wrong skin care due to atopic dermatitis.

Update: It has been more than 1 year since I wrote this review! I'm still using the face cream! I hope Bubble and Bee keeps making this face cream!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by docrho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to go organic with my skincare products, and I'm SO glad I found Bubble & Bee. Everything I've tried I've really liked, and this face cream is no exception. However, because this stuff is pretty darned heavy, I don't actually use it as an all-over face cream, but it has become my HG under-eye moisturizer. I've been plagued with nasty little dry patches under my eyes, and nothing, not even prescription stuff, really helped to get rid of it. I've been using the Bubble & Bee cream for about 6 weeks, and my eye area has never looked smoother. Don't know if it does much for wrinkles, but it also seems to be helping my dark circles quite a bit. LOVE! Also, since a little goes a looooong way, I imagine my sample-sized jar (which cost a whopping $4.99 plus shipping) will last me at least 6 months, probably more, which is pretty much the best bargain ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by amberie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lies! They said this cream would last 1 to 4 months. I've been using the same jar for almost 8 months and it's still not even halfway gone! Be careful...I bought 2 jars, and I don't even think I'll get around to using the second jar until the world ends in 2012!
It really is a great moisturizer. I used to have small breakouts now and again, but I haven't for a while (and maybe only when I touch my face), so this doesn't make you break out.
Amen to what everyone's said before for smell, texture, etc.
I like rubbing in a single drop of water with a dab of the cream for extra smooth application.
It's perfect for night, but I don't use it in the day because I use Badger Balm's SPF 30 sunscreen, which is also all-natural and really moisturizing. And for extra points, read up on the ingredients--they're the best out there, and super nutritious for your skin. Woohoo for another great Bubble and Bee product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ymiddlebrook

I started using Bubble and Bee for the natural deodarant. When Stephanie introduced facial cream, I bought a jar. I absolutley love it. It's not greasy and my face feels smooth since I have been using it. I love the fact it's simple and won't harm my body. The smell is natural, the color is natural, and worth every dime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great, replacing my chemical face creams. It's the consistency of frosting, mostly shea butter with some rosehip oil and vitamin e as well. Smells and feels natural and very moisturizing. Who could ask for anything more?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kgallacher

This face cream is amazing!!,
I bought about 11 products from bubble and bee recently including this face cream.

The face cream Is certified organic and has THREE ingredients Organic Shea butter, organic Rosehip seed oil and vitamin E!! thats it no need for anything else these are the ingredients you want on your face to make it as healthy looking and glowing as possible

I must say I expected it to be larger, but It more than makes up for it. The texture of it is like butter, It is so creamy and soft!! I must admit I put it on my face as soon as i Had it in my hands!! I was so amazed, it feels so unlike anything i have ever used befour! It is unscented and you can put it on by itself(I do this at night) or wet your face a little and then apply it - I do this during the day(retains more moisture, not that it needs it!!) But mostly it will last longer and as i live in the uk I can see my self paying shipping costs for bubble and bee products for the rest of my life!!

The product really is amazing it beats any other moisterizer i have ever used used(and i have used alot, long befour i found out what was in them) It is so moisterizing without being greasy, and i have noticed such a difference in my face from using it in the short time i have used it(1 week).

I recommend this to anyone, especially those who know the effects of commercial brands and the stuff that is in them. But anyone would be amazed by this product,If you dont at least take a look you are missing out!!