October 21, 2014 | 1278 users online

Crème - Lauren Brooke- Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

If my skin is dry, irritated, or dehydrated, then this is my go to foundation. You can sheer it out, or wear it full coverage. It gives a dewy glow and never settles, even around the eyes. It also has SPF 28 & doesn't irritate or break me out, as most SPF products do. I don't know whether this would work well on oily younger skins, but for mature or dehydrated skins it is moisturizing, soothing and long lasting. You can purchase a sample on their website for a couple of dollars.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Brandt0304

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know how people can rave about this, sorry. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I found the texture to be horrible and gross. It felt like something I did not want to put on my skin. I guess the best way to describe it is thick, greasy, and clay-like? Once, it was on, I think it pretty much looked how it felt. I really hate how I spent the most I have ever spent on foundation on this, and I end up throwing away a mostly full jar. Ugh.

I DO appreciate the non-toxic ingredients though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by funluvinmum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! It feels good on my skin, looks great, lasts all day! My skin is sensitive and this doesn't cause any issues for me. If anything, my skin has improved since using this! Before this I used Everday Minerals and just felt like it was really settling in my pores, looking dry. This doesn't do that at all. My HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkylipstx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This creme foundation is great it can be a light foundation or a max coverage. The foundation last a long time as far as the amount in the jar. I have hyper sensitive skin and i break out easily, this foundation caused no breakouts or irritation on my skin. This is a good foundation if you want moisture and a dewy finish to your face . This foundation sets very well with powder on top.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked the majority of the products I've tried from Lauren Brooke and was excited to test out her new foundation (which offered medium to full coverage). I purchased this color in Warm No. 3, which was a bit dark for my very fair yellow toned skin, but still passable. I REALLY loved it at first, as it gave pretty good coverage of my acne/acne scars, spread easily, and was natural looking. Unfortunately, after several weeks of using the product I discovered it was actually making my face extremely shiny throughout the day--even when using a powder overtop (I realized this after looking at pictures), AND it began to break my face out (possibly from the rosehip seed oil). :(
I gave this to my mom, and she really liked it! It can also be used as a concealer (Lauren Brooke sells a smaller version of this for that purpose).
I know this foundation has gotten extremely positive feedback on other sites, so it is definitely worth a try if you are looking for a natural foundation (especially if you aren't prone to acne and have more dry skin).
You can purchase samples from Natural Joy Beauty (link: http://www.naturaljoybeauty.com/servlet/the-198/Lauren-Brooke-Cosmetiques-Creme/Detail).
They now carry a Warm No. 2, which I know would match my skintone even better. Perhaps one day when my face quits being acne-prone, I'll try this again!
***After trying countless natural/organic foundations, I have FINALLY concluded that Gabriel Cosmetics works the best for me. The combination of their Liquid Foundation and Dual Powder gives wonderful coverage without causing greasiness or breakouts!*** :)

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. Not super natural, but at least the formulation is without parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, etc. :)
Hope this review helps!