August 29, 2014 | 1873 users online

Gels/Soaps - A'kin - Unscented Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Pro's - lovely lather, soft, clean, soothed skin, easy to use packaging.
Con's - not widely available, packaging not good for travel. Not cheap.

I bought this after a long battle with hives.... I would love to use a scented body wash, but my skin has just gotten too sensitive. This is truly unscented and does not irritate my skin, in fact is actually leaving my skin softer and less dry. My hives have cleared up and gone away. I will definetly repurchase and am going to look at other products in A'kin's unscented line.

It is a clear gel that is quite thick. It lathers easily into creamy bubbles. Mine came in a opaque dark dull green coloured pump bottle with the label parchement coloured with italic script. It is quite nice looking and easy to use. However, probably not safe for travel - heavy/looks like it could leak. I bought it for $24.99 AUD at priceline for 500mls. You can also get it from David Jones and some health food stores. I have recently been buying body shop body washes which are around $12.95 for 250ml so in terms of price, it is quite comparable and one pump is all I need for my entire body so I don't use alot.

I also like that they are made by a very ethical company - Purist - all their products are free from
Parabens
Propylene glycol
Phthalates
DEA (MEA, TEA)
Ethoxylated and petrochemical cleansers

their products do not use animal testing, are vegan, most of the packaging is recyclable and it is an Australian made and owned company. This product, along with others in their unscented range won the best eczema range at the Australian Natural Health Beauty Awards in 2010.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Extremely pure, animal friendly, lovely ingredients, no fragrance. This is beautifully gentle (and still cleansing) for use in shower, and makes a lovely soft bubble bath too, an ideal base product to add few drops of essential oil for an aromatic soak.

As previous reviewer notes, the consistency of this clear gel is very thick & I have had some difficulty getting it out of the bottle. I think all sizes need a pump dispenser.

Product itself is lovely though, if a little pricey. After a few weks of use, my skin seems to prefer this to my usual calendula bar soap, especially my keratosis pilaris-affected arms, which feel comfortable and seem smoother after using. I will repurchase.

Even gentle enough for my boyfriend to use as shaving gel on a very sensitive face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Excellent all-natural and fragrance-free body wash for super sensitive and allergic skin such as mine. The consistency is quite thick, and it takes a little effort to get it out of the bottle (has to be stored upside down). However, Iíve noticed thereís also a large 500 ml pump bottle available, which is probably much more convenient. The Australian brand is not particularly easy to find in Europe. But still, itís quite rare to find a corresponding product, which is why I would consider purchasing again.

Ingredients: Aqua (purified Australian water*), cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (from Coconut), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (from palm), disodium cocoamphodiacetate (from coconut), sodium lauryl sulfoacerate (from palm), lauryl glucoside (from coconut, palm & glucose), glycerin (botanical source), glyceryl lactate (botanical source), sorbitol (from GMO free maize), sodium citrate (botanical source), sodium gluconate (from GMO free corn), citric acid (botanical source), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate. *BP 2000 standard