October 20, 2014 | 1909 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Cream Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I got this in Natural a very light natural tan color. I love the creamy consistency but for cheeks it's just too light. I have been using this as a cream couture and found it excellent! It blends and is very subtle on my light neutral tone. I am going to try the other colors to see if the formula and pigments are the same and will add to my review. As for the natural I will re purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I had high hopes for this Blush when I read that it has a cream to powder finish.
The consistency which is not a cream is between the d/c Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush, (which I liked) and Maybelline bouncy blush.(which I didn't like) I payed $6.00 (elf's most expensive blush) in Tease, a very nice peach/rose.
The firmness of the blush is a bit tough to pick up from the pot container with fingers I apply it with the elf small stipple brush.
It applies creamier and is buildable with good pigment. .. It did not settle into the pores on my cheeks leaving me with the connect the dots look. It never really turned over to the powder which is fine, but the saying power was so,so and not as good as elf's HD blush which costs $2.00

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this blush in "Tease" and "Flirt" for my travel kit. I am NW15 in MAC and W1 in L'Oreal True Match, for reference. Flirt was a cool bright pink that I knew would not work on me, and I gave it away to a friend without even using it. Tease is a gorgeous medium rose shade that I love. I apply it with either a small stipple brush (like my MAC 188) or my Elf flat top powder brush. The blush itself is a thick mousse type texture. Tease is a pretty, natural rose pink that sets to a soft matte finish. I apply it over foundation and then add powder over it. I also find this has excellent lasting power compared to most powder blushes. At the end of my workday, my blush still looks fresh and vibrant; not faded, like with most powder blushes. The packaging is a large clear plastic jar with a black screw-on top. Looks nice, but it is a pretty large package for the amount of product. For a $3 cream blush with nice pigmentation & lasting power, I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mayonegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this blush after reading the reviews here before I ordered. It arrived today and I am aghast at what a crappy product this is. When I opened up the pot and removed the inner seal I touched the product; it was firm. VERY firm, like Play-Doh. I tried to get some product on my finger but it wasn't happening. All I did was make an index finger sized dent in it. Zero color adhered to my finger. Next I took a taklon foundation brush and stabbed at it but again, fail. Either I got a dud or the majority of reviews here were written by E.L.F. interns.

I ended up removing the product and keeping the container because at least it's quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this in Vixen. It's a scary looking color in the pot, quite vivid. But it leaves a very nice flush of color on my cheeks. I use a brush to apply it. I tried my fingers, and was not happy with the blush. But when I tried a brush, it worked much better. With this color, you do have to be careful not to pick up too much product. It's easy to look like a clown. But if I do over-apply, it is easy to wipe off any excess by buffing lightly with a cotton ball or tissue. What I really like is the staying power. I find almost all blushes fade too quickly on me. This one holds up well. My only real complaint is the size of the jar. It's quite big and bulky, and I feel it takes up an unnecessary amount of space. The packaging could be much smaller.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Ellensmakeupcollection

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this around christmas, so I fairly gave this 6 weeks before I reviewed it.
The packaging is fine, not a big fan but it works. When you open it (I had a hard time opening it at first) you're surprised that there are so small amount of product, the packaging makes it look alot more than it actually is. You don't need alot though, so that's a good thing.

The product feels very dry and hard, which I did'nt like.
I took a little bit on my finger and simply did circular movements on my cheeks. I have a fair skintone, 110 in most foundations, and the color looks very natural on me.
Something I noticed about this product is that it's almost impossible to remove. If you use too much product and you want to remove some that can be a problem. I find it almost impossible to remove it. You have to use very little at a time to make sure you get just the right amount of product.
After only 1 hour the product have started to fade, and after 2-3 hours it's all gone.

Okay, over to why I mainly gave this product a 2/5.
Before I almost never got redness on my cheeks, not even when I was sporting. And when I did, it was very very little.
After using this product I have gotten REALLY red on my cheeks and the tip of my nose. And I mean REAL red. After using the product for about 2 weeks I noticed that when I was doing sports I got even more red. The redness was all over my nose, my cheeks and my chin. It looked absolutely horrible. The redness would go away after about 2 hours, but there was still alot of redness left.

I really don't like this product, mainly because it caused me redness but even if it did'nt, it would still something I would'nt buy again.

I don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by xMadHatterx

My Review is ONLY for the Cream Blush color Temptress. DO NOT trust the color scale shown on the ELF website! It looks like such a lovely plum color, but when you buy it, the actual color is BROWN. Its defiantly a color that can be used for contouring the face for fair skinned people, hence why it got a 2 instead of a 1, I was looking for a BLUSH. The consistency is creamy and smooth, glides on fairly nice on the skin. You can push the cream around like putty and it can build up on one side. I know better now. I will not be buying any cream blushes from ELF anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by smsine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the pigment of these blushes! Although, I do have to apply quite a bit of product to build the pigment to where I want it. I like how the consistency changes to a powdery finish when you blend it in. Love it! Definitely something that everyone should try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is amazing! I bought this at Jack's in NY for $1.99 in flrt, Vixen, and Seductress and loved all three! The consistency is amazing, very comparable to the Maybelline Dream Mousse Cream Blush but so much light and airy and so much more pigmented. It dries to a powder finish that is very blendable. I also use this on my lips as a stain and it lasts all day long! Worth every penny. And will definitely go back to buy more backups and shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best elf products! its so pigmented that u need to use smth like a stipple brush to apply it. its not creamy, sticky, shiny or glittery. it dries to a powder texture but the texture is completely invisible. i prefer it to the elf studio powder blushes that i have. i have in tease and temptress and i use the latter for contouring. i adore this product !