October 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Beauty Powder in Too Chic

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Baby1black

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG highlighter. I used to be a nars albatross fanatic but every time I wear this people compliment my skin. Anyone of all color of skin tones should try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Best highlighting powder I've ever tried! Which I haven't tried that many at all. I'm terrified of glittery cheeks, and whenever I'm in a Mac store and swatch mineralize skinfinishes on my hand to check what the hype is about, I'm usually blinded by their glistening particles and shy away in wonder. But this has nothing to do with those other powders that give me the chills - that's why it's the best: Because I, a person so picky and fretful of aggressive highlighters, can certify that this beauty powder is so fine, so discrete, and oh so chic indeed. It just adds an angelic glow to the cheekbones, which is merely visible most of the time, yet catches the light gracefully every so often. A perfect champagne color that suits my pale, yellow-based skin beautifully (as well as my tan skin in summer). Would repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this beauty powder. Initially I purchased Chez Chez Lame, but it gave my skin a yellowish cast that I didn't much enjoy, so I returned it.

When I saw swatches of Too Chic, I thought it might be a wonderful replacement, and I was right. It's the perfect colour for my pale skin (although it would probably suit any skin colour), it's finely milled, and it's not glittery or too shimmery. It makes my skin look wonderful, but it isn't too obvious. My local stores were sold out (I bought the last one) so I ordered a backup online.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mkaori128

This is my first beauty powder purchase and I am absolutely in love with Too Chic. I figured Play it Proper won't suit me as well (I'm NC25) and the lovely pale light yellow gold with incredibly fine shimmer is absolutely gorgeous!!! It's more like a highlighter than a powder but I'm stunned at how fine and silky the product is!! It glides on your skin, doesn't make your pores look big (due to the super fine shimmer), and best of all -- it won't make your skin look cakey. I would use it all over the face for special evening occasions but otherwise, just lightly around the cheekbones and the t-zone. The packaging is not very special; just a regular sturdy mac packaging which I already like. It's only $22 and I think you're definately getting more for your money, compared to some of other MAC products. I highly recommend that you drop by at your MAC store and test the product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm nuts apparently since I ordered a back up of this and it's counterpart Play it Proper. I have very pale cool toned skin, NW15/NW20. Both Too Chic and Play it Proper look great on me. Too Chic has a very fine shimmer that looks like your skin but better, gives a nice glowing highlight. You can build it up for more shimmer, use it lightly all over your face, or just your cheeks over blush, etc. It makes a great brow bone highlighter; the uses are endless. The color is kind of a pale gold, but it's a champagne really. It's definitely perfect for pale skin, and don't be afraid thinking it's too warm. The MAC website still has both of these l/e items and the price is a steal for 10grms compared to the cost of some of their other more glittery highlighters. This is a highlighter for everyday use or evening, etc. It's not too shimmery and always appropriate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one is one of the bests Mac highlighters, get it while you can and while it is still affordable.... Exceeds any expectations !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by adriann1973

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This is a gorgeous shimmery powder I use for everything! I use it as a face highlighter, a brow highlighter and even sweep a bit right above my top lip and right below my bottom lip as a highlight. Very fine powder so it glides on effortlessly. This will be a staple for me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by jopolyn

I love this! It's a beautiful highlight. I don't own many highlighters because I find them kinda faky at times. Like too shimmery. E.g. MSFs, BB Shimmer Bricks some Smashbox Softlights. But Too Chic is very subtle and gives me a nice glow. I like it better than the Chez Chez Lame that came out in the Cham Pale collection. I find Too Chic's shimmer is more finely milled and natural than Chez Chez. I tried Play it proper which is a similar texture to Too Chic but it was a bit frosty and more noticable which wasn't what I wanted.

The only other Beauty powder I own is Shell Pearl which is lovely as well. However shell pearl is more peachy and I really like the yellow beige color of Too Chic which is blends better with my skin color. I`m a NW20 Asian, Black Hair brown eyes

I would buy it again but the pan is huge and I use so little everytime so I don`t think I will run out. Definately suggest it to those who want to subtle glowly look without looking like a disco ball :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this beauty powder which i am using as a highlighter, i have by candlelight highlighter by mac and didnt think that could be beaten but too chic has just pipped it to the post, it gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks without that nasty white ice look to the cheeks that you sometimes get with highlighters. i think i would be suitable for all skin tones, im very pale for reference nc15 although im much more like a nc10 if they did that shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mkm2520

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and I'm really impressed. It has a very pretty pale golden sheen to it which I really like. It is more golden than Nar's albatross and I don't think they are dupes at all. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this one.