October 23, 2014 | 918 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Natureluxe lip balm Hibiscus

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sunnygrl

I love this lip balm, this shade is pretty close to my natural lip color I like it a whole more than my neutrogena revitalizing lip balm in healthy blush (which was 5 times the price). better stock up because covergirl is discontinuing the natureluxe line, so sad because I feel like I just discovered it... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product! Just a bit of color - enough for everyday use - and nice gloss. Good moisturizing properties and sunscreen. It also seems to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm. I will continue to buy it again and again. It is SO hard to find a product/shade that has the stain effect of a lipstick, but the glossiness of a lip gloss. If that's what you're looking for, this is it!

I have very fair skin, and I find it extremely difficult to find a lip shade that works for me. Corals that look beautiful swatched online are orangy on me, mauves that look so sophisticated and pretty have purple tints once I apply them, and nudes that look natural and beautiful on other people's lips wash me out and make me look like a corpse. So when I say it's hard to find a good everyday, lovely lip shade that will make you smile every time you catch yourself in the mirror, I mean it. But finally I have found it!

I was afraid that this would be too dark on my fair skin and could lean purpley. But this is such a buildable lip balm- if you want more of a lip-popping look, add a few more layers. If you want a subtle, your-lips-but-better color, add one or two layers and you're good to go.

CONS:
-buildable is good, but it seems like you have to add quite a bit in order to get a normal color
-the packaging is a bit fragile- I'd be careful just throwing this in your pocket or bag. I dropped one at the store, and the lid came off instantly!

PROS:
-buildable
-wonderful pink shade, my-lips-but-better
-stain of a lipstick with the glossiness of a lip gloss
-only like $7!
-goes with lots of looks (heavy or neutral makeup)

just FYI, Hibiscus looks absolutely GORGEOUS when worn with Physician's Formula Mood-Boosting Blush in Rose. I just wore that blush and this Covergirl lip balm on top of some face powder and it was just about the prettiest makeup look I've ever done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A good friend gifted me a tube of Hibiscus Natureluxe gloss balm. I like that it has SPF 15 built in and it does seem hydrating. The color looks much brighter pink in the tube but on my lips is very sheer and natural. Wearable - and inexpensive. Good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I was browsing my local Ulta store and saw this color and thought I'd give it a chance. I am very happy with my purchase. It gives a light rasberry tint with a hint of creamy texture. As with most balms it doesn't last long, but for the price I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is decent as a my lips but better gloss-balm. It is almost an exact match to my lip color, but adds a hint of color and a pop of shine. The packaging is cute, and the price is about $6, but you can almost always get a good deal with sales and/or coupons. The longevity is decent, but if you don't like sweet-scented products, that may be a con for you. I'm not bothered by the vanilla-cupcake scent, it's a nice smell. I would repurchase this even more if they revamped the formula for a longer lasting product however. The pigmentation is sheer but very buildable, and the color selection is a very nice range of colors, from shimmery nudes/pinks to dark reds and i think a plum color. I will be buying more colors, in the coral color and maybe the nude pink. They're nice to stock up on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful shade of soft raspberry pink that is ideal for my fair skin tone. Many lipsticks in this color range turn out to be too bright for me but this product goes on softer than it looks in the tube. I very often have to soften the tone of a lipstick with another paler color on top but not with Hibiscus. I like that there is no shimmer or frost. It's true it doesn't last all that well, certainly not through a meal, but most lipsticks don't anyway. My only complaint about this product is the container. It's a dinky little cheap plastic container with a clear lid. The lipstick is very breakable because it's skinnier than normal. I wish CG would make this as a normal sized lipstick in a better tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by misanders

The color was nice, but this balm doesn't last. I've been wearing it all week and the first thing I noticed was that within an hour the color is gone. Second was it wasn't very moisturizing. My lips were dry at the end of the day. If you like to apply lip products 10 times a day then this is for you. I'll stick to lipsticks and gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

Yay! A tinted lip balm with SPF! I love this shade and the consistency of the balm. I work outside in the sun a lot and this is what I wear on my lips when I want a little colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hibiscus looks bright in the tube, but is more subtle on (yet still noticeable). This is nicely moisturizing and the color is pretty. I can imagine it working on almost any skin tone. Only downside is that you must reapply frequently. Still a very good product, though.