August 29, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Almay Intense I-color powder shadow trio for Hazels #103 (cream, brown, pink)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

I have brown eyes but use this product. I find it to be a good everyday look. Great for the price. I like the three colors together and you'd be surprised how hard it is to find these colors together in high-end compacts. My only complaint is that I don't feel the color payoff in the brown color is what it should be. I've been looking for a similar product by Makeup Forever or Smashbox but I just can't seem find cream, pink, and brown together anywhere. I like the new packaging much more. I would always run out of the pink and still have all this brown and cream left so this is a vast improvement. Overall a nice little product. I will rebuy until I find a similar trio with a better brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used these shadows every single day for most of middle school. It's a great neutral palette for someone just starting with makeup. If you have a bigger collection though, this isn't the best buy. The colors are pretty common. Now that mine's almost gone, I probably won't rebuy. But for a nice simple, everyday look you might want to check these out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by thoughtbubble

I do not have hazel eyes, I have brown eyes but the colors in this trio are very pretty and look good on me. I think they'd be pretty on anyone. They go on sheer but you can build the color if you want. They are also blend easily. It's a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I am cutting & pasting this review from the one I entered for the general Almay intense i-color eye shadows for hazels because there are reviews for several different versions with very similar names all listed in one place

This is a review for the original “Almay Intense I-color powder shadow trio for Hazels #103.” I am saying this because I think it’s really confusing how Almay’s has a bunch of different versions of these with almost the same names. I can tell by reading the reviews that it is confusing.

Color break down: all colors are shimmery.
-Highlight shade = sheer cream color, with a yellow-ish base
-Contour shade = neutral taupe/brown with out red (yay!)
-Lid shade = sheer light pink

I love this! It is my go to everyday colors. Yes, they are shimmery – so if you don’t like shimmer, you wont like this. Also, the pink and the cream are sheer, but I think they are supposed to be. This is not supposed to create a bright, colorful look – so I don’t understand why people rate it poorly for being soft and sheer. The textures of these are AMAZING. They are so soft and easy to blend. They never look blotchy. I like that the pink is sheer because it makes it work well with my skin tone, which usually won’t work with pinks. But don’t get me wrong- it is not like it has no pigmentation – I think it’s just the right amount.

As for wear – I almost always wear with some kind of primer or concealer, and it always lasts all day, I have work without, and it’s still fine, but primer really helps bring the pink out some more.

I like this because it doesn’t require a lot of time or neatness, but still really makes me look polishes and pretty. The only thing is, I usually like to pare it with a matte cream shadow to sandwich between the highlight and crease shade to cut down on the frost a bit. This is my go to shadow for everyday – so it must be good because I have 2 drawers full of eye shadow, from high end to low end.

I got this in the set that came with the black pencil eyeliner and black mascara. I like the whole set. This also looks nice with a brown eyeliner, or a maroon/plum eyeliner.

My eyes are brown, with flecks of gold and green and a rim of green – so, they aren’t really hazel, but I think that is what is the closest. I have the trios for green and brown as well, and I like this one the best – but really it would work with any eye color in my opinion.