L.A. Colors Professional Series Loose Powder

Price: $

MICA, TALC, SQUALANE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES

on 6/9/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I happen to own this powder in the shades - Light (which is a much cheaper dupe for the Ben Nye Banana Powder), Medium Translucent, and Natural. Out of all 3 shades Natural happens to be the darkest. By no means do any of these powders appear orangey in the container or go on that way either. I have not experienced any problems with terrible oxidation, unlike so many other powders that I have tried. Even though I do own very expensive powders in my makeup collection, I absolutely couldn't resist from getting them. Even though, this powder seems to have been out for quite some time, based upon the reviews, the packaging on all of the LA Colors Loose Powders all have the word "New" on the packaging.

Now, when it comes to loose powders of course they are messy to use, but whenever you buy a loose powder such is to be normally expected. I do like that there is a sponge that does included, so that way you can choose to either apply this powder with the sponge or with a brush. I do think that this powder does provide a very natural finish. Also, in terms of oil control, I do think that it provides pretty good oil control, of course not as best as some of the powders thst I own, however, for the price that this powder costs, I really can't complain.

Overall, I definitely will continue to keep buying LA Colors Loose Powders, as I do feel that they are of really decent quality, and you definitely do get a lot of product, without having to spend a lot. Which makes this powder such a really good bargain!

on 3/4/2013 10:48:00 PM

ORANGE someone mentioned? YEP! I bought this in "light" and it isn't light, but a medium! I'm light and this goes on as if it were a bronzer! I LOVE the formula, as it really does great at covering and controlling my oily skin, but the YELLOW/ORANGENESS of this product is a bit TOO much! Even fake looking a bit! I almost laughed when I first saw it! I mean, I can pull it off, since I do like a sunkissed glow look, but this isn't meant for light skin! More for light-medium really! I posted a couple of pics, so have a look at it for yourselves! It applies evenly and smoothly, so it isn't a bad powder, just the shade needs some work! NO ONE can be that yellow/orange, can they??? Seriously, "light" comes off as a light gold powder!

Terrible, TERRIBLE product. Bargain hunting is great, but even if you're on a tight budget don't waste your time with this! I bought this for $2.50 because I ran out of my regular foundation and had to have something to tide me over until payday.
1. It comes out very orange in the medium color!
2. Dear lord the packaging is terrible. It spills EVERYWHERE every time you open it so you end up getting it all over your floor, counter, clothes, etc.
3. If you have acne-prone skin, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. This broke me out so horribly just after 3 hours in use. It was literally the WORST breakout I have ever experienced in my life, and I just now got over it nearly 6 months later.
4. Veeerrry little skin tone variety. It comes in light, medium, and dark, and that's it.

This was a very big disappointment. The only two good things are that there was a lot of product for such a small price, and it actually had great coverage despite the orangey color. Do yourself a big favor and skip this product!

on 4/10/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I try this once.. it was very messy, verrry. I didn't mind the way it felt, it did make my skin feel a little oily. The colors are hard to match skin tones. Use a brush and lighty apply it, before you do make sure to take off the excess.

on 4/10/2011 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

HAHAHAHA I paid a dollar for this, literally a dollar. I got exactly what I paid for, and I honestly didn't expect anything more out of it. I guess its not a total waste, I used some of it to refill a container of more expensive makeup to return to walmart....;)

on 12/28/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a very average loose powder, as indicated by the ingredients: Mica, Talc, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. It does it's job and I have found it does give good coverage without looking caked or chalky. The sponge applicator is crap - I recommend using a face brush with this. Surprisingly the cap dispenses the right amount of powder in just one tap. The shine control is pretty decent. Overall this is a decent buy for only around a dollar.

Some people may find the medium shade to be a bit orangey, though.

Recommended for Normal Skin