April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Loose Powders - L.A. Colors - Professional Series Loose Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ORANGE someone mentioned? YEP! I bought this in "light" and it isn't light, but a medium! I'm light and this goes on as if it were a bronzer! I LOVE the formula, as it really does great at covering and controlling my oily skin, but the YELLOW/ORANGENESS of this product is a bit TOO much! Even fake looking a bit! I almost laughed when I first saw it! I mean, I can pull it off, since I do like a sunkissed glow look, but this isn't meant for light skin! More for light-medium really! I posted a couple of pics, so have a look at it for yourselves! It applies evenly and smoothly, so it isn't a bad powder, just the shade needs some work! NO ONE can be that yellow/orange, can they??? Seriously, "light" comes off as a light gold powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by invaderdorkavatar

Terrible, TERRIBLE product. Bargain hunting is great, but even if you're on a tight budget don't waste your time with this! I bought this for $2.50 because I ran out of my regular foundation and had to have something to tide me over until payday.
1. It comes out very orange in the medium color!
2. Dear lord the packaging is terrible. It spills EVERYWHERE every time you open it so you end up getting it all over your floor, counter, clothes, etc.
3. If you have acne-prone skin, AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. This broke me out so horribly just after 3 hours in use. It was literally the WORST breakout I have ever experienced in my life, and I just now got over it nearly 6 months later.
4. Veeerrry little skin tone variety. It comes in light, medium, and dark, and that's it.

This was a very big disappointment. The only two good things are that there was a lot of product for such a small price, and it actually had great coverage despite the orangey color. Do yourself a big favor and skip this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by fcuksociety

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I try this once.. it was very messy, verrry. I didn't mind the way it felt, it did make my skin feel a little oily. The colors are hard to match skin tones. Use a brush and lighty apply it, before you do make sure to take off the excess.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HAHAHAHA I paid a dollar for this, literally a dollar. I got exactly what I paid for, and I honestly didn't expect anything more out of it. I guess its not a total waste, I used some of it to refill a container of more expensive makeup to return to walmart....;)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very average loose powder, as indicated by the ingredients: Mica, Talc, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. It does it's job and I have found it does give good coverage without looking caked or chalky. The sponge applicator is crap - I recommend using a face brush with this. Surprisingly the cap dispenses the right amount of powder in just one tap. The shine control is pretty decent. Overall this is a decent buy for only around a dollar.

Some people may find the medium shade to be a bit orangey, though.