November 26, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lipstick - Tarte - Natural Lip Stain with LipSurgence in Moody

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This lip product has more of a lip balm texture, although it is not as hydrating as a lip balm. This shade is a very nice plummy purple, perfect for fall. It is not cakey at all when you apply it on the lips. I am not a fan of the mint flavor, but that is the case with all of the LipSurgence products. The best part about this product is how portable and easy to apply it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by aurs2578

I really like all of tarte's lipsurgence products but I was disappointed that the color applied was not the color that was advertised. I have been really into the whole 90's grunge comeback and when I saw this at Ulta I immediately bought it. When I got home and tried it on I was so upset that this wasn't the dark color that I thought it would be! It is a pretty color and I'll wear it but it just isn't what I wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

The color was fine, a little bright for my pale skin and more orange than I'd like but it was okay. The only issue was it did not stay on my lips for more than hour or two if that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by destreng

Great darker color on my fair complection - with great staying power! Will purchase in other colors also, if I get the extra $$ haha. A little expensive, but worth it. Nice smell also.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSaunders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this stain. I was able to drink a cup of coffee and eat a sandwich from starbucks without it disappearing. It didn't feather out or leave an annoying ring around my lips either. So all in all, I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product! I am slowly but surely transitioning from a girl who never wore any type of color on her lips (hellooooo chapstick) to one who is experimenting with different products with more punch. I really love the concept of this product and have enjoyed using it since I bought it.

Now first things first, this is NOT a lip stain (Tarte, why are you calling it that??). The color is more pigmented than a tinted balm, but less than a lipstick. The texture is amazing--moisturizing, slippery, shiny, and smooth. The color is a bit buildable, so if you apply it a couple of times, you'll get a more colorful result... but don't expect it to be there all day with no smudging or wearing. This shade (a nice berry) is gorgeous and would likely work well on anyone, but it isn't for someone looking for an all-day color or something matte.

The packaging is... interesting... It is designed like a fat lip pencil, but does not require sharpening. The product is pushed up from the center of the "pencil" via a twister at the bottom. It smells minty but I don't know that it tastes like anything.

All in all, this is a fun product with a beautiful, natural color that would work well for many different looks. Wears better than a tinted balm but not as committed as a lipstick or certainly a stain. It's nice for those who don't want to do a ton on the liips but want to look "finished."

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this color at Ulta and have been lusting after it ever since. I finally got a travel sized version of this on eBay and while it's a little darker than I like, I still think this is a good lippie.

I'm not a big lipstick girl and I do try to avoid colors that are too "in your face", so Moody is right up my alley. It's a nice plummy color that enhances my naturally blah lip color. I apply it lightly because too much is a little too much for me. I also like the minty smell and taste and the fact that this stick is easily portable. Overall, this is a purchase I don't regret. Good color, nice smell/taste and good packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful muted berry color that adds fullness to my already full lips, giving the ultimate pouty look. Lasting power is decent, and it looks especially awesome when topped with gloss. It looks like a crayon, IMO. Great to use for a night out or to make your lips look slightly more dramatic while maintaining a subtle, pretty look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this practically new on a swap. I liked it because I like tinted lip balms. It's not long wearing at all. It has great buildable color. It doesn't taste like anything it feels like a lip balm. A little more smoother. Like a melted lip balm. It's really similar to the lip butters. They're just slightly dryer. 24 bucks for this is absurd though. Youre paying for the packaging really. Like most high end stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wanting to try the Tarte Lip Stains for a long time. I finally caved and picked this one up. I really love the color, it's not berry on me, it definitely looks like more of a brown red which is great because that's exactly what I wanted. I'm not sure how these can be sold as lip stains, they really don't do any staining. They feel and look like a tinted lip balm. It lasts about as long as one as well, unfortunately. For $24 the price initially seems steep but you really don't need much so it will last a long time. The packaging is cute, it looks like a lip pencil but you don't have to sharpen it so that's handy. The lid is a bit difficult to get off and you have to be careful putting it back on while it's still new enough for the tip to stick up. Since this is sold as a stain and it doesn't do that, I wouldn't repurchase.