April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for you, Lash Blast Volume! I'm not sure what happened: My lashes were thick, dark, and lush upon first application, but by the end of the day, they were all clumped and stuck together so it looked like I had just six fat lashes per eye. You are going back to Target, and I am sticking with my old dependable Maybelline Full 'N Soft for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sandramac

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mascara is one of the most important make up products I use on my face, after lipstick. No matter how busy my day, I seldom leave home without mascara and lipstick. I first bought Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume because I moved to a small rural town whose pharmacy has few make up brands, but now I buy it even when "city shopping" because it works well for me. I have been wearing mascara for many years and at all prices, and this is one of the best I have ever worn.

While the brush looks too big, at first glance, it separates my lashes and covers them perfectly, without applying too much with each sweep, so I can build it if I want a more dramatic look for evening, but get a great basic application with one coat for daytime, without looking garish or harsh. It never "glops" on or requires additional separation with a dry brush. It never flakes or or smears, although I seldom wear mascara on my lower lashes. One application in the morning dries quickly and lasts all day. At my age I always wear eye cream, and this mascara never smears or flakes. I can add shadow and liner later for an evening look, without disturbing the separation or volume of my initial mascara application.

This product does require a bit of extra time to remove it. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free makeup remover, and follow that with a warm, wet wash cloth pressed to my eyes for a few seconds to remove it all. Occasionally, I have found the next morning that I still have remnants of mascara on my lashes, although even that has not smeared, flaked, smudged or irritated my eyes over night.

I appreciate the bright orange of the container, which is easy to find in my purse or make up bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Anichka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my Favorite Mascara! It is the only one that gives your lashes length and volume without straightening out your lashes after you just curled them. It's easy to apply and I love the brush. It stays all day, but removes easily with eye make-up remover. I Love It!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

This is a pretty good mascara... at first. You will notice your lashes get noticeably thicker. However, it was extremely difficult to remove. I used eye makeup remover, and cleansed my face. I think I still have some on my eye. I don't think I will buy the waterproof one next time but I had to remove the lippies due to inconvinience.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for a week and I got this in very black. I can say it is very pigmented and black. Despite having It advertised as a volumizing mascara, it only volumizes a little bit as well as lengthening a little (after 2 coats). It might be for you if you want natural looking lashes. The rubber bristled brush is really big and if not careful mascara can tend to get on the eyelids. This also doesn't flake at all. Like any waterproof formula, this holds my curl really well, however it is SOOO HARD TO REMOVE, even with extra virgin olive oil + makeup remover! One of the reason why i wont be wearing this any longer is because i always end up losing a couple of lashes during removal (even when i gently remove it) and thats not worth it, no matter how good a mascara performs on my lashes. It is by NO MEANS SMUDGE-PROOF AT ALL. After several hours (6 hours), this mascara smudges SOO BAD, it is downright ridiculous. After a full hassle free winter day with this mascara on, this mascara made me looked like i bawled my eyes out, when in fact i didn't. Separates my lashes nicely though.

Overall i liked the little volume and length it gave as well as it holding a curl but thats about it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Calumae

I love this mascara in the waterproof version! This is one of the only drugstore mascaras I've found that holds my eyelash curl all day and gives them volume. I normally only use waterproof mascaras anyways because non-waterproof ones have a heavier formula that don't hold the curl well. This does clump sometimes but I find that using a dry, clean spooley to comb out my lashes just after applying it works really well for getting rid of any clumps (I do the same with any other mascara). I tried the CoverGirl Lastblast Fusion and it's quite similar but that one did not hold my lash curl (it's water-resistant, not waterproof). If I layer this mascara with another, I'll usually use this one as the base mascara because it does the best in holding my lashes up all day.

This stuff isn't too expensive (about $8-9 at drugstores) for the quality. It is quite hard to remove from my lashes at the end of the day (like most waterproof formulas) but a oil-based makeup remover usually works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Kanaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love how my lashes look naturally black whit only one coat, holds the curl all day long and for me the most important point, doesn't irritate my eyes and stays in place.
Maybe the fat bristle make it difficult to approach the corners of the eyes, but a little practice will do the trick .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ileana09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love, love this mascara!!! I'm so picky when it comes to mascara and this mascara met my expectations. I hate when I curl my eyelashes and then I apply mascara and the mascara formula makes my eyelashes droopy and so flat. This mascara does not do that! Once I curl my eyelashes and put this mascara on my eyelashes stay as they are when I curled them. No droopy eyelashes. They stay curled! I'm not such a big fan of the brush though. The little bristles are too short and I hate that it's a plastic spooly. It kind if makes it difficult to make your eyelashes look full. It kind of separates the lashes. Also, you can't really layer on the mascara because it'll clump especially close to the lash line. I think this is a great mascara for everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by 92DingDong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

After curling my lashes and putting on this mascara my curl was gone and the mascara was came out clumy on my lashes. My lashes went stick straight in a matter of seconds...this never happens to me ever, so I waited until it was dry and tried curling my lashes again. Nope my lashes refused to budge barely even curling at all. Also my lashes looked like a hot mess. I was so frustrated that I threw out this mascara. Will never purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rippityrippity

This mascara was a huge disappointment. I personally just don't like this type of wand (thick with short bristles). While it does give my lashes a lot of length, the mascara also clumps every single time and starts giving me spider lashes on just the first swipe. It also takes multiple applications on my lower lashes to get it on (I think the wand's bristles aren't connecting with my lower lashes?).