Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof

3.4

on 2/23/2015 11:53:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and I still love it. This is the only one that holds my eyelash curl. I have stick straight lashes and the waterproof formula holds it all day

on 2/16/2015 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hideous, too big tube that rolls. Orange color is easy to spot though. Why don't more cosmetics, especially pencils, come in a squared shape so they won't roll away?

The mascara is too thick and clumped so I had to thin it with a couple of drops of boiled water. The wand is too big and bristles too short which makes a mess. I have small, deep set eyes with long eyelashes and I always get at least one blob on my lid or brow bone unless I have total concentration. If I'm in a hurry I never use this mascara for that reason. Once applied though this mascara does last. I prefer Maybelline Lash Discovery because of the narrow wand. No mistakes even on my lower lashes which are tricky to apply mascara and I can target individual lashes that I've missed.

A decent mascara; holds a curl beautifully, doesn't make my lashes droopy, lasts all day. I've heard people say that it's not really water resistant, that' not the case for me; I wore this to a water gun fight and my face was drenched in the face with water, still this mascara held up, there was no smudging, no mascara running down my face, it stayed on my lashes and even held up my curl
This mascara separates really well, which I like. I prefer the 'many lashes' or 'million lashes' look over the dramatic spidery look. if you're a person for volume, this mascara won't give you that until probably after 3 coats.

One thing I don't like about this mascara is that the brush/wand picks up too much product, I have to really scrape the wand on the tube to get the excess product off coz otherwise it deposits too much onto my lashes. It also has a really strange potent rubbery plastic smell to it.

on 1/18/2015 12:24:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara due to the reviews, but honestly it was one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I have short, sparse lashes and I was looking for a bold, volumized look. I didn't get this at ALL. The formula was super wet and messy, made my eyelashes clump together and created a mess around my eyes. Didn't even give me length after several coats, just a black mess of eyelashes. I also paid a higher price for this mascara, $10, just to throw it away.

on 10/14/2014 7:56:00 PM

Love, love, love. I already have long eyelashes and with this stuff I achieve massive volume. It stays on and lasts literally all day. To remove I suggest an oil base eye makeup remover. Worth every dollar!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an excellent mascara. It is a bit wet where as the regular lash blast is a bit dryer. It works well. Holds a curl great...it also doesn't come off very easily. Stands up to water... tears...rain..anything water. I recommend a makeup remover oil type formula to help break down this mascara..possibly a cleansing milk or oil. I always have some of this in makeup drawer and bag. Good work on this mascara covergirl!!!

on 9/11/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i understand people rate this so low because personally i don't like the "fresh" consistency of the formula… but after a week of use it becomes denser! coats lashes to the tiniest strand and gives a wow factor. waterproof version is WAY better than the regular. i'll only give 2 lippies to the regular because it weighs too much with 2-3 coats and just brings my lashes down.

with the waterproof version, you can even swim with it for perfect underwater selfies. lol

on 8/26/2014 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is very good mascara, although it does not work very good with all concealers and eye makeup. I have tested a massive amount of mascaras, about 20-25 in the past year, so I know this one is GOOD!

This one does hold up well though throughout the day, assuming that you have a compatible concealer under your eyes. I used very moisturizing creams and concealers, and Lash Blast stays put quite well. I do touch-up about 1x per day with a q-tip, but other than that, the smuding is minimal. If it smudges and transfers badly for you, then suspect that it is not compatible with your eye concealer.

Some members comment on how hard is to get this waterproof mascara off. Yes, but that is the point - it is made to stay put and not smudge and transfer all over the place. I can get this mascara off without too much fuss, but then I know what type of makeup removers to use for my eyes. This is hands down the best one out of the 20-25 mascaras that I tried and tested this past year. Give it a shot ladies!

This is my current favourite mascara. I only use covergirl because for some reason, covergirl mascaras are the only ones that don't smudge, smear, or flake, even when its not waterproof. I've tried all kinds, drugstore and high end, and at the end I always go back to the drugstore to pick up another covergirl mascara. I used to always use the lashblast fusion, but I needed a waterproof mascara to go swimming and help hold a curl. This mascara gives great volume and length the less you apply. If you want thickness, you might need at least 3 coats, but it doesn't get too clumpy. This mascara literally never smudges or flakes and it holds my curl from the morning to night. I'm a big fan! I hate removing this, but it's not mission impossible.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I absoluetly love the NON WP LB Volume! I was always a Maybelline, Loreal & Lancome mascara gal until Sept of 2013 when I started experimenting like crazy w/ sooo many DS mascaras & even the odd high-end & totally fell in LOVE w/ LB Volume & then the Clump Crusher shortly thereafter...Lately I've been frustrated w/ mascaras running & bleeding, it's Spring-time in Toronto & I've awful allergies. I thus require a WP, had used (Revlon's) WP Lash Potion recently on a FL trip, but watched many positive Youtube demos & reviews on LB Volume WP & opted for it this time around...A) it's cheaper then Rev Lash Potion where I live & B) it just happened to be on sale for only $8.49 at my local Shoppers Drug Mart...My skimpy (yet long) lashes are neatly separated, plumped up & coated in an even manner w/ a jet black formula that does not flake nor smudge or budge! I know the brush is large, but the comb like nature of it allows a lot of control & zero clumps & no little mascara bits or clumps stuck on the ends / tips of my lashes. It honestly looks like I've applied my Bare Minerals Lash Domination which is double the price. Further, I've not even used my Twezerman Lash Curler w/ it yet, no need. Only mishap is that I have a hard time removing it, but I'll buy some Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil & that should help. I only keep my CG mascaras for 6 wks b/c they dry out fast & my lashes start falling out when I keep them any longer, so I hope this WP one lasts a little longer...At any rate I'll re-purchase at Target or Walmart, it's no big deal...Worth it to me to re-purchase such an amazing product every few wks & I always have one in my mascara collection.