Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof

3.4

on 5/19/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Noooooooo. This is waterproof, and apparently makeup remover-proof as well - very, very difficult to remove. Made my lashes extremely brittle, and have lost quite a few as a result of just ONE week of usage.

Will not repurchase.

Love this mascara. I have short, thin and straight asian lashes. Tried Dior, Chanel, Shiseido, YSL, even with primers, my lash never looked this good. I first curl my lashes with an eye-lash curler and put on this mascara. It makes my lashes look longer, more voluminous and most importantly, keeps the curl! You can't beat the price.

Sometimes I do miss the department stores mascaras but with how frequently mascaras need to be changed (every 3 months), I'd rather not pay close to $40 everytime, if I want a more dramatic look, I'd wear false lashes.

on 3/29/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I seriously love EVERYTHING about this mascara. If I could only use one mascara, i would say this one for sure. It gives very nice volume but not much length (hence the name says volume). I really love the wand as it isnt too bendy but still brushes throught he lashes very nicely. It seperates soooo well and DOESNT clump whatsoever. The waterproof version is super crazy to take off but honestly, it isnt much of a problem for me which is why i gave it 5 lipsticks.
The best methods for removal that I recommend are coconut oil or baby oil. Just put some on your fingers and gently massage it around your eye area. These methods havent irritated my eyes. NEVER use a normal face wipe and tug on your lashes, it will ruin them completely.

Other than that, I woould repurchase this mascara ((: HG mascara for dayss

on 3/27/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Lash Blast Volume is the only mascara I use. For a long time I used this water proof version which basically works the same as the normal one.. except being waterproof obviously. But it's not only waterproof, it's also baby oil-proof and makeup remover-proof. Seriously, it stays ON there. Most times when removing it I would lose several eyelashes because of how hard I had to fight with it. I love the product but I'll stick with the normal version from now on because I want to keep my lashes.

on 3/14/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the brush. Black Color is Pigmented. Doesn't smear. I curl my lashes, apply mascara, curl lashes again, apply second coat of mascara and it lasts all day and Nite!!! Lashes stayed curled. Brush gets to lower lashes very nicely! I am 51 and been wearing Waterproof Mascara since I was 13.

I need to add that Although this product works well. I seem to get better results by swiping a paper towel first, otherwise way too much product is on the brush. So, now that I think about it, I'm wasting half the product just to get a nice clump free application. :(
I think I will keep the brush(great for lower lashes) but I will stick with my
Waterproof Great Lash Mascara Maybelline @ $4.44

on 3/10/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't like this mascara. Did not thicken and lashes felt hard and dry. Did not like the brush either. It was to big. I can put on mascara in my sleep without making a mess, but that overly sized brush was always touching my eyelids when I was trying to apply mascara at the base of the lashes. I threw it away after 1 week of trial !

on 2/23/2015 11:53:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and I still love it. This is the only one that holds my eyelash curl. I have stick straight lashes and the waterproof formula holds it all day

on 2/16/2015 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hideous, too big tube that rolls. Orange color is easy to spot though. Why don't more cosmetics, especially pencils, come in a squared shape so they won't roll away?

The mascara is too thick and clumped so I had to thin it with a couple of drops of boiled water. The wand is too big and bristles too short which makes a mess. I have small, deep set eyes with long eyelashes and I always get at least one blob on my lid or brow bone unless I have total concentration. If I'm in a hurry I never use this mascara for that reason. Once applied though this mascara does last. I prefer Maybelline Lash Discovery because of the narrow wand. No mistakes even on my lower lashes which are tricky to apply mascara and I can target individual lashes that I've missed.

A decent mascara; holds a curl beautifully, doesn't make my lashes droopy, lasts all day. I've heard people say that it's not really water resistant, that' not the case for me; I wore this to a water gun fight and my face was drenched in the face with water, still this mascara held up, there was no smudging, no mascara running down my face, it stayed on my lashes and even held up my curl
This mascara separates really well, which I like. I prefer the 'many lashes' or 'million lashes' look over the dramatic spidery look. if you're a person for volume, this mascara won't give you that until probably after 3 coats.

One thing I don't like about this mascara is that the brush/wand picks up too much product, I have to really scrape the wand on the tube to get the excess product off coz otherwise it deposits too much onto my lashes. It also has a really strange potent rubbery plastic smell to it.

EDIT: I've found that the bristles on the brush have started falling out, there is now some 'bald patch' on my brush, which is kind of concerning... (maybe it's because I scrape the brush on the tube coz there is always SO MUCH product on the brush when I pull it out, a major con for me)

on 1/18/2015 12:24:00 PM

I had high hopes for this mascara due to the reviews, but honestly it was one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I have short, sparse lashes and I was looking for a bold, volumized look. I didn't get this at ALL. The formula was super wet and messy, made my eyelashes clump together and created a mess around my eyes. Didn't even give me length after several coats, just a black mess of eyelashes. I also paid a higher price for this mascara, $10, just to throw it away.

Popular Mascaras