July 22, 2014 | 2047 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Kajal Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by thisisntleya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kind of had high hopes for this eyeliner because I was such a great fan of Essence's I Heart Rock eyeliner pencil but wow I was way wrong. I guess I can't really blame the product as it was 5 ringgit or less (don't really remember) but I have the kajal pencil in purple and oh my god, never again. The moment I dragged it across my eyelid, the entire thing just broke! The um, sharpened part that is. And it wasn't even over sharpened or anything! Luckily I had an eyeliner brush so I was able to smudge the gob of purple into a decent eyeliner shape. The colour isn't really very bright and it doesn't give you the effect you would want if you were getting a purple liner so overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Perfect for as a gift for a certain friend that you aren't fond of, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by BlueVampire

This product makes me FEAR eyeliner. I just had the worst of all experiences with this! Now, my eyes aren't sensitive (maybe a little but, it's never been a problem) but, when I wear this eyeliner, my eyes become the QUEEN of sensitivity! My eyes starts tearing (or to be more accurate: Creating waterfalls) and it becomes EXTREMELY itchy, so I'm rubbing my eyes constantly, trying harder than I've ever had in my whole life to not touch the actual eyeliner but, just fail MISERABLY!! So, probably about 30 minutes later after application, it's either all gone or I look like a panda. And if that is not enough for you, well, I cannot stress how NON-SWEATPROOF this is! I'm not going to go into any details (because it's just WAY too embarrassing for me) but, let's just settle with: by the end of gym class, my face was black.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Essence Kajal pencil in #08 Teddy a metallic brown color that seems to be a MAC Teddy dupe and looks great with blue eyes. This pencil is pigmented and very soft which makes it glide on easily, but I also had to sharpen it after every use and I don't always have time for that. I have dry skin and eyelids and this smudges and migrated badly on me, with oily skin I can imagine it would be worse! Conclusion, cheap pencil to throw in your bag or to try out some fun colors you usually don't wear but not a daily staple make-up item, at least not for me!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

the eyeliners are really nice and creamy,dark
and i like them

only issue i have is that with t he black one, it does tend to transfer into my lower eye area and give me panda eyes after a while :(
asian eyes problems...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the shade 04 white. I didn't try this in store as it was .89 cents and thought it really can't be that hard to stuff up a white eyeliner. Boy was I wrong. I cannot line my waterline with this, it is way too rough and hurts my eyes. It barely even transfers on the back of my hand, let alone my waterline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shade called Teddy which is a brown. I loved that it was easy to work with. It went on smoothly without dragging on my eyelids and lasted fairly throughout the day which is a plus since I have super oily eyelids. However, it did smudge slightly on the lower lash line and tear duct area. I had to deduct a lippie for that. The shade is very nice and flattered my brown eyes. Overall it is not too bad and is affordable.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This pencil is really inexpensive and the pigmentation wasn't bad, but this didn't work for me at all. It fades throughout the day and the part that lines my upper lash line is almost completely gone by the end of the day. I tried this on my waterline also and I had to keep wiping underneath my eye all day or else I would have looked like a raccoon. It literally started falling under my eye a few minutes after I applied it, so I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst eyeliner ever. I used to to tight line my eyes when going to school and when I came home, total raccoon eyes! I'm not sure if this is due to my oily lids but the black eye pencil left my upper lid and all over my under eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whenever I'm shopping Ultra, I'll head on over to the Essence display to see what's new. I love their products and I'm usually not disappointed. To begin with, cruelty-free. Big plus in my book.
I have these liners in cool breeze (an eye-popping turquoise), behind the scenes (a mild, unassuming gray), and everybody's darling (a shimmering mid lilac). The cool breeze is a dupe for another higher end liner, and fooled a Sephora associate one day. They thought that was the eyeliner I was wearing. It's absolutely gorgeous.
Behind the scenes is quite unassuming and a quiet gray, what I would want a gray to be if I didn't want to outline my eyes in black. It does the job perfectly. Great for going out during the day when you want your eyes to be lined, but don't want them to look as if they have a bit of liner at all.
Everybody's darling has shimmer to it. Great on the lid, not on the lower so much. A quiet lilac that's good for blue-green eye color.
The pigmentation far exceeds my expectations for this pencil, considering how inexpensive it is. It's never let me down. Easy to sharpen with a generic sharpener, too. Glides on softly with no tug, so you can apply the amount you want easily.
I also have them in Long-lasting and Metallic, and they wear the same way. Just love these pencils.
I wish they were carried in more stores locally, but, alas, they are not for me. There is a site online to see their products, tho. Made in Germany.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner, great price overall, great in general.

I have this in the colour Teddy, which is a basic brown with a slight metallic finish. However the metallic effect is fairly subtle and you cant see it at all on the eyes. It is very creamy and glides on effortlessly.