Essence Kajal Pencil

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/4/2015 3:18:00 PM

The only reason I bought this was because of the economic price. If this was priced the same as all those other $10+ eyeliners, I wouldnt of bought this. SMUDGES. I use this on my waterline and the opacity is great until a couple hours later. its all on my undereye. Wish this product wasnt so NON SMUDGEPROOF

on 3/3/2015 9:13:00 AM

So I am sharpening my weapons in my make up drawer tonight because I`ve been sitting home with the nastiest cold ever and it`s a crappy cold rainy day, and looking at everything I own I just had to write a review for these eyeliners. The color selection is simply beautiful, the application is easy, even after months of sitting in my drawer, and these are actually pretty long wearing. I`m not a fan of those high end waterproof pencils, so I am glad there are drugstore brands that offer such quality for such a low price. I especially love Taupe me!(22) and Behind the Scenes (15).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The essence Kajal pencil is pretty good, considering the price. It kind of left a streaky mark on my eye, but if I pressed firmly, it was OK. It also left a little bit of a mark on the area below my eyebrow, which was annoying. But it had good pigmentation (if you pressed firmly) so I would buy it again. All of that other stuff was probably beginner's luck (if you can call it that) as I only have used it a few times. I'm also fairly new to makeup so I think that played a factor in it as well. Overall, I liked it. It was OK.

on 6/12/2014 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I kind of had high hopes for this eyeliner because I was such a great fan of Essence's I Heart Rock eyeliner pencil but wow I was way wrong. I guess I can't really blame the product as it was 5 ringgit or less (don't really remember) but I have the kajal pencil in purple and oh my god, never again. The moment I dragged it across my eyelid, the entire thing just broke! The um, sharpened part that is. And it wasn't even over sharpened or anything! Luckily I had an eyeliner brush so I was able to smudge the gob of purple into a decent eyeliner shape. The colour isn't really very bright and it doesn't give you the effect you would want if you were getting a purple liner so overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Perfect for as a gift for a certain friend that you aren't fond of, though.

on 3/28/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product makes me FEAR eyeliner. I just had the worst of all experiences with this! Now, my eyes aren't sensitive (maybe a little but, it's never been a problem) but, when I wear this eyeliner, my eyes become the QUEEN of sensitivity! My eyes starts tearing (or to be more accurate: Creating waterfalls) and it becomes EXTREMELY itchy, so I'm rubbing my eyes constantly, trying harder than I've ever had in my whole life to not touch the actual eyeliner but, just fail MISERABLY!! So, probably about 30 minutes later after application, it's either all gone or I look like a panda. And if that is not enough for you, well, I cannot stress how NON-SWEATPROOF this is! I'm not going to go into any details (because it's just WAY too embarrassing for me) but, let's just settle with: by the end of gym class, my face was black.

on 1/19/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the Essence Kajal pencil in #08 Teddy a metallic brown color that seems to be a MAC Teddy dupe and looks great with blue eyes. This pencil is pigmented and very soft which makes it glide on easily, but I also had to sharpen it after every use and I don't always have time for that. I have dry skin and eyelids and this smudges and migrated badly on me, with oily skin I can imagine it would be worse! Conclusion, cheap pencil to throw in your bag or to try out some fun colors you usually don't wear but not a daily staple make-up item, at least not for me!!

on 12/27/2013 3:00:00 PM

the eyeliners are really nice and creamy,dark
and i like them

only issue i have is that with t he black one, it does tend to transfer into my lower eye area and give me panda eyes after a while :(
asian eyes problems...

on 11/14/2013 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade 04 white. I didn't try this in store as it was .89 cents and thought it really can't be that hard to stuff up a white eyeliner. Boy was I wrong. I cannot line my waterline with this, it is way too rough and hurts my eyes. It barely even transfers on the back of my hand, let alone my waterline.

on 11/9/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the shade called Teddy which is a brown. I loved that it was easy to work with. It went on smoothly without dragging on my eyelids and lasted fairly throughout the day which is a plus since I have super oily eyelids. However, it did smudge slightly on the lower lash line and tear duct area. I had to deduct a lippie for that. The shade is very nice and flattered my brown eyes. Overall it is not too bad and is affordable.

on 9/20/2013 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This pencil is really inexpensive and the pigmentation wasn't bad, but this didn't work for me at all. It fades throughout the day and the part that lines my upper lash line is almost completely gone by the end of the day. I tried this on my waterline also and I had to keep wiping underneath my eye all day or else I would have looked like a raccoon. It literally started falling under my eye a few minutes after I applied it, so I won't be repurchasing this.