Laura Geller Real Deal Remedy Stick 3-in-1 Perfector

3.0

Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Silica, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Tribehenin, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Nylon 12, Lauroyl Lysine, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol

on 9/21/2014 1:01:00 PM

I really like this product in place of powder on top of foundation. I use Spackle underneath instead, although the directions say you can use this stick either way. This being a stick is what I don't care for, a compact would be great for swiping a sponge, and storing, yet this doesn't come with a sponge. I have used clean fingers in a pinch. It is more powdery feeling in comparison to Mally Poreless Face Defender in the compact, controls oil a little longer, and less expensive. I cannot compare to Covergirl's similar product as I haven't tried that one yet. The drawback for me is it only seems to control shine for one to two hours tops. It blurs pores and fine lines. I'll continue to buy Laura's, but plan to try the even less expensive CG option, too. It's not a full HG for me, but close until I find something even better.

on 5/19/2012 5:02:00 PM

I like the idea behind this, but it is just not a great product. It is awkward to use, but it works better when you apply with your fingers than dragging it across your face. I find that when I'm finished applying my makeup, I can already see the oil peeking through.

on 4/22/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Because I have very oily skin, I am always looking for something which will deal with the oil slick. My makeup needs to be well attached to my face so that multiple blottings throughout the day remove the oil and leave the makeup behind.

This product did NOT help the situation.

I used it with the Real Deal foundation stick, and the effect, by lunch, was of a face devoid of makeup, covered in greasy sebum, with any enlarged pores acting as craters to hold little dots of foundation, like whiteheads. It was horrible.

I retreated to the loo, wiped my face off with tissues, and reapplied my usual Meow mineral foundation from scratch.

Haven't wanted to touch the Real Deal products since.

The only plus I can think of is that it felt slick and smooth and my makeup looked pretty damn good for the first hour. Of course, it went downhill VERY fast after that!

on 3/14/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am disappointed in this. It feels like I am dragging a wax crayon across my face.

I will be going back to liquid primer.

on 12/27/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This clear, light, wax-like stick provides weightless, scentless, invisible pore coverage, and it makes other makeup apply like silk. This stick can be used to touch-up shine, instead of powder, as well. I love this for applying after sunscreen, before foundation and/or powder, because it evens skin tone, and fills in lines as it keeps my makeup fresh-looking. If you like Mally's Poreless Face Defender but find it too drying, you may love Real Deal Remedy Stick. Face Defender and Remedy Stick are similar products with similar functions, but Remedy Stick is silkier, and much easier to blend. Very portable as well. I don't think this would work with moisturizing foundations because it seems to trap moisture. It seems like it would create a blotchy mess. This is perfect (for me ) for layering beneath oil-free foundation, over sunscreen. It helps keep the sunscreen from quickly ruining my makeup.
Ingredients: Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Isostearyl

Popular Primer/ Correctors