July 23, 2014 | 1587 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Geller - Real Deal Remedy Stick 3-in-1 Perfector

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I like the idea behind this, but it is just not a great product. It is awkward to use, but it works better when you apply with your fingers than dragging it across your face. I find that when I'm finished applying my makeup, I can already see the oil peeking through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because I have very oily skin, I am always looking for something which will deal with the oil slick. My makeup needs to be well attached to my face so that multiple blottings throughout the day remove the oil and leave the makeup behind.

This product did NOT help the situation.

I used it with the Real Deal foundation stick, and the effect, by lunch, was of a face devoid of makeup, covered in greasy sebum, with any enlarged pores acting as craters to hold little dots of foundation, like whiteheads. It was horrible.

I retreated to the loo, wiped my face off with tissues, and reapplied my usual Meow mineral foundation from scratch.

Haven't wanted to touch the Real Deal products since.

The only plus I can think of is that it felt slick and smooth and my makeup looked pretty damn good for the first hour. Of course, it went downhill VERY fast after that!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am disappointed in this. It feels like I am dragging a wax crayon across my face.

I will be going back to liquid primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This clear, light, wax-like stick provides weightless, scentless, invisible pore coverage, and it makes other makeup apply like silk. This stick can be used to touch-up shine, instead of powder, as well. I love this for applying after sunscreen, before foundation and/or powder, because it evens skin tone, and fills in lines as it keeps my makeup fresh-looking. If you like Mally's Poreless Face Defender but find it too drying, you may love Real Deal Remedy Stick. Face Defender and Remedy Stick are similar products with similar functions, but Remedy Stick is silkier, and much easier to blend. Very portable as well. I don't think this would work with moisturizing foundations because it seems to trap moisture. It seems like it would create a blotchy mess. This is perfect (for me ) for layering beneath oil-free foundation, over sunscreen. It helps keep the sunscreen from quickly ruining my makeup.
Ingredients: Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Diethylene Glycol Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Isostearyl
Neopentanoate, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Silica, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)
Wax, Tribehenin, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Nylon 12, Lauroyl Lysine, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Pentaerythrityl
Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No