October 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - e.l.f. Essentials Eye Shadow Palette Limited Edition

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by izzyhindle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are a TON of colors in this package. They didn't last very long or come out very strong on my skin, however, but they still don't look too bad. All together, it was a decent product. However, the packaging is really cheap. The hinge was already broken when I bought it, which was a huge pain. I'm not 100% certain whether I would buy the product again or not. I may want to buy an eyeshadow of better quality in the future, but it's also nice to have so many colors in one palette. I'll say yes for now, but this could change.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this pretty close to when it was first released - my sister found it on sale and, knowing that I'm a makeup aficionado, pointed me to it. I'm a sucker for a good deal, so I thought "why not," and purchased the palette. Lots of colors? Yes. Are they colors you won't find anywhere else? No. Are they highly pigmented? Not really. Are they easy to work with? Not really. They're packed kind of...cheaply...so when you put your brush into one of the little squares more often than not the shadow will just shatter. Even over primer, they don't show up very well even with several coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

E.L.F products are hard to find where I'm from, but I hear a lot about them online. When this popped up I had to try it. It was only $5 and comes with lots of colours.
Some of the colours are not very pigmented, and some are, so what you're going to get can be a big of a guessing game.
Overall though, I like this. It gives me lots of options and I have a lot of fun playing with all the different combinations I can do with it.
There are better shadows out there, but this gave me lots of colours I didn't already have in my collection, for only $5, so decent value.
The packaging drives me a bit crazy, didn't take me long to break a hinge on the lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Iickjob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

100 unpigmented chalky e/s. I got this for $10 plus shipping so I won't be using it much. Light shades work well, some brighter colors have more pigment. Overall, I wish I would have not gotten this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by betzina

I JUST bought it today and i tested it out right away. so here's what i think...

Pros:
-many colors
-some light colors are well pigmented
-mirror inside
-really cheap
-there are matte colors and shimmery colors

Cons:
- not very easy to blend because some colors aren't as pigmented as the others
-if you don't use primer for the eyes, it wont be as bright or as dark as it seems. It doesn't pack on well.

my conclusion: its not a bad purchase per se, but you will definitely need eye shadow primer to make sure the color stays intact. I would probably use this in whimsical themed parties but for formal or semi formal events or an all night party, i'd rather go with something more trustworthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by LGranter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are so many great colors in this palette. Unfortunately, there are a lot of disappointments. My experience with this palette (the 100 palette) is that the brighter colors have lots of wonderful pigment and come out very beautiful (greens, blues, pinks, some of the purples, oranges). I've also done a very beautiful gray smokey eye with these colors that has lasted all day. I've found that the brown colors lack pigment and so all pretty much wash out to the same drab color. I've found this with the scattered color by elf in other palettes and after using a few times, they have been fine to use. I'm not sure if the surface oxidizes or something and you have to get through the top layer or what. So, I may find that after trying to use these browns a few more times, they may come out true to palette. I also found the red to be disappointing. I was really looking forward to a bright vegan red, but was slightly let down with the pigmentation in this little one. I went out and bought NYX Sunrise to compensate (which is awesome, btw). Overall, I think this palette is definitely worth the ten bucks. Sure, 20% of the palette is not up to snuff (imo), but you still get a lot of fantastic bright and smokey colors for your investment.
Update: I've been using this palette more and more, and I have come to quite enjoy some of the neutral and brown shades. I've been using one of the nudes as my go to blending color and will be heartbroken when I'm out of it, which will happen soon. There are also a couple white/off white colors I've been using as highlights, both neutral and warm toned. I think you just have to work at them to get the color you want. I also have been using the purple shades and I'm coming around to those as well. I revised to give this palette a 5 out of 5. I originally thought that 20% of the palette was not up to snuff, but I would definitely say that more than 80% of this palette is usable.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by alinabiryukova

PROS:
cheap
many colors
mirror inside
CONS:
irritated my eyes
not smooth
looks like kids makeup on eyes.

overall i would only use for some Halloween makeup..lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Comes with a mirror inside the casing. Great color variety with lots of brights and some neons even. Pretty good consistency, soft, but pigmented.

CONS: Well, the quality isn't as high as something like Bobbi Brown, but you're obviously paying a LOT less, so it's fine.

****The one I got was the "Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette - Limited Edition." And that's what's in that first pic. above.****

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own both palettes in the colors Natural and Party. The shadows from both sets can be applied dry, or wet for stronger colors. The compact comes with one brush applicator and a tiny mirror! Very cute, but I don't use it. The Natural palette has gorgeous bronze colors that will compliment most skin tones. The Party palette has cool colors, and makes a gorgeous smokey eye with a little bit of the shimmering black shadow blended in. Overall, really nice shadows for a great price!